Kiesel virgin asking for some tips on a Zeus Z6 build?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kiesel virgin asking for some tips on a Zeus Z6 build?

Postby HarlowTheFish » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 am

katerlouis wrote:Oh– yeah, Tosins set also has a third voicing indeed. But.. does that mean when Tosin calls position 4 a coil split of the two inner coils, in reality this is just voice 3 of both pickups combined?

Each of the Tosin pickups has a different voice 3. Position 4 (if the neck is 1 and bridge is 5) is both inner coils running through the more stratty-voiced bridge voice 3 preamp. Position 2 is the neck's outer coil running through the neck voice 3 preamp.

One last try to sum up my general confusion with the terminology:
on the strandberg normal modern fluence set, push pull on tone knob changes between voice 1 and 2
and push pull on the volume knob splits the currently selected voicing. Resulting in 4 different combinations per pickup-combination (voice 1 full, voice 1 split, voice 2 full, voice 2 split) –

Now on the KSE or Tosin set, could voice 1 and 2 get splitted or is it intended that voice 3 replaces the "manual coilsplit" – Or is voice 3 just intended to be splitted and could hypothetically used as a humbucker?

What is correct:
a) v1 full, v1 split, v2 full, v2 split, v3 full, v3 split possible on each pickup combionation
b) or v1 full, v2 full, v3 coilsplit on each pickup combination?

According to this wiring plan https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uplo ... Switch.pdf – it looks like b) is the case?
What confuses there again, though, is that voice 3 uses the inner neck coil on position 2, whereas on position 4 the OUTER neck coil is used–

B is right: you can get any combo of splitting and voice you want, but they're intended to work best as V1/2 humbucker, V3 split.

The Tosin wiring is kinda specific because of his neck pickup - it's actually one Fender-style coil with magnet pole pieces (the outer one) and one coil with a blade magnet pole piece (the inner one). This is because he wanted the neck's voice 3 to be pretty accurate to (if I recall correctly) the neck pickup on a Tele he had, but still wanted the split blades sound.

Sorry if this all seems trivial to you guys– but this confusion bugs me and I just need to understand this :D

Nah you're good. No worries.

Okaaay–
Now to my concerns of the bridge sounds.
What do you say to me being scared of the "too metally" sound of the KSE bridge pickup? How exactly does the Tosin bridge differ from the KSE bridge?
Why I ask these questions? I'm thinking a KSE in the neck and Tosin in the bridge 8) – BOOM!

The thing is, the demos I saw from the KSE pickups didn't kick me on the bridge; from what I heard of Tosins neck pickup, it's probably spanky enough for me?

I don't think you have to be scared of it. It's all a matter of fine tuning your full rig. Are they metal? Hell yeah. But so's a Duncan Jazz set if you play it right.

The Tosin bridge, in voice 1, is (imo) like a Bare Knuckle Blackhawk kinda vibe: pretty compressed, sounds massive, and really hot. Voice 2 is more like a Duncan Pegasus (which iirc is what he was using when he was with Duncan, after leaving Dimarzio but before hooking up with Fishman). It's warmer, lower output, super clear, and much more open. Voice 3 is sort of a modern stratty kinda vibe.

The KSE bridge, in voice 1, is like an EMG 85. It's less hot and full than the Tosin, and a little warmer on the high end. Voice 2 is like a Duncan Custom or Distortion, in that it's not as hot, less compressed, and a little more organic feeling, but also a little more aggressive if you play it harder. Voice 3 is (again) sorta modern strat vibes.

https://youtu.be/EmlHUIQNBY4?t=219
I mean, .. I don't think this sounds great :?

https://youtu.be/EmlHUIQNBY4?t=399
This voice 3 is significantly quieter than the other voicings, which I assume is normal when you split the coils, but Tosin Abasi says his pickups balance that out. And I also think this sounds kinda thin, don't you?

https://youtu.be/s1Pdx2X1Rno?t=329
here aswell.. bridge voice 2, meeeh?

IMO Ken has issues dialing in a tone that isn't super bright and metallic. Even when the NAMM demos he did of the Classics sounds like this. See if you can find a Caparison dealer near you, they do signatures for both of the KSE guys that come with these pickups. There's nothing out there with the Tosin pickups that you could try, but Arnold Plays Guitar did a shootout between the Moderns, Steph Carpenter set, and the Tosin set that you could look at for reference. Just to warn you though: if you think the KSE set is thin, get ready for the Tosin set: they're prog and djent pickups through and through.

From what I heard so far the Tosin demo had really great split neck sounds– But of course, these are youtube demos I listen to on earbuds. They maybe use amps I don't like, or something gets lost in their record process, or the cabs aren't to my liking. This is why I need advice people who actually played them. Only comparison I have is the modern fluence, and they didn't quite resonate with me so far, although I probably just suck at dialing in tone.

I mean if you really messed with it you could probably make them work for you, but sometimes stuff just doesn't work for what you want. Don't sweat it - it's why we have so many options.

I can tell you from my (limited) time with the KSEs in the Joel Stroetzel sig that they actually do jazz and pop-punk as well as riffy metalcore and fusiony prog.

(Maybe that's a good opportunity to tell you guys that I'm using a Line6 Helix with AKG K240 Mark II headphones at home–)

Oh awesome! Don't worry about pickups being too hot, then - the input pad's there for a reason.

Now the most important question! (irony)
The fluence pickups come in gold aswell; does the KSE / Tosin sets ? 8)

Sadly, no. The Tosins come in chrome, but the KSE is only black.

General question: how big is the tonal difference between the outer or single coil on a coil split in a neck for example? The wiring plan suggests you can have both, which means: I have to decide which one I want :D.

Eh the difference is nothing you couldn't compensate for with one notch on the tone knob. On the Tosins it matters because of the different construction of the neck pickup, and some pickups are wound asymmetrically so one coil will be a little hotter.

Well– theres still a huge gap between not being an asshole and being as understanding and helpfull as you guys are!

Aww thanks buddy

katerlouis

Postby katerlouis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:47 am

hot pickup:
I kinda get a picture of what you mean by saying "the pickup is hot" – but what exactly does this mean?

gold pickups:
just spitballing again– how about painting the pickups myself? Does this alter the tone? Is this a bad idea in general? Your thought's please!

pickups suggestion:
What's your final suggestion? ^^ I trust your judgement!
1. Tosin Set
2. KSE neck and Tosin bridge
3. KSE bridge and Tosin neck
4. KSE set

Helix:
funny, I feared you'd slap me for not using good old tube amps 8)
What on earth is an input pad and for what reason is it there? :D

I feel confident to sum up my build so far in the next post and am thrilled to know what you guys say :)

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:34 am

katerlouis wrote:hot pickup:
I kinda get a picture of what you mean by saying "the pickup is hot" – but what exactly does this mean?

Has a lot of output. Hot pickups hit your amp/modeler harder and push it more, so you get more distortion.

gold pickups:
just spitballing again– how about painting the pickups myself? Does this alter the tone? Is this a bad idea in general? Your thought's please!

You could do that, but you'd want to make sure to get non-magnetic paint and tape off the bottom really well to not get anything on the contacts.

pickups suggestion:
What's your final suggestion? ^^ I trust your judgement!
1. Tosin Set
2. KSE neck and Tosin bridge
3. KSE bridge and Tosin neck
4. KSE set

Probably the KSE set. Order it from Kiesel with the moderns and replace them yourself, but I also feel awkward recommend keeping an eye out for demos of the new open-core classics and the Keith Merrow set. However, with regards to the sets Fishman currently offers, the KSE pickups set farther from the strings seems like the closest thing to what you want, with the Tosin set being too bright.

Helix:
funny, I feared you'd slap me for not using good old tube amps 8)

Nah man the Helix is great. I actually wanna pick one up to use for outboard effects for my guitar stuff and for general studio use.

What on earth is an input pad and for what reason is it there? :D

An input pad is a function that a lot of studio and bass gear has that cuts the input signal by a certain amount. This makes sure stuff works nicely without distorting. On the Helix I think the input block lets you do that, as well as (maybe) a master pad in the settings like on the Pod HD500.

I feel confident to sum up my build so far in the next post and am thrilled to know what you guys say :)

That's awesome!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 am

While it's definitely possible to paint a pickups, I would be concerned about durability. A lot of prep work would need to go into it, including treating the Surface 2 hold on to the paint more readily, and then multiple coats with primer, the actual paint, and perhaps a harder clear coat on top.

Another solution could be a terrible vinyl wrap over the top of the pickup covers. At least it would be more easily removable should you change your mind, or decide to sell the pickups.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:14 am

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Nah man the Helix is great. I actually wanna pick one up to use for outboard effects for my guitar stuff and for general studio use.

If you don't need all of the amp modeling and all the additional extras, definitely check out the HX FX. It's basically all of the effects from the Helix, but in a smaller form factor at a lower price. You can always add an outboard Mission Audio expression pedal if you'd like, and it can be programmed to function exactly like the expression pedal built into the helix.

/threadderail

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:37 am

spudmunkey wrote:
HarlowTheFish wrote:

If you don't need all of the amp modeling and all the additional extras, definitely check out the HX FX. It's basically all of the effects from the Helix, but in a smaller form factor at a lower price. You can always add an outboard Mission Audio expression pedal if you'd like, and it can be programmed to function exactly like the expression pedal built into the helix.

/threadderail

I considered that, but I wanted the rack mount Helix to use for everything. I'd love an HX FX to run with my amp as well.

katerlouis

Postby katerlouis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:13 am

As I'm writing down my build for you guys,
I realized there are still so many quetsions! AAAAH! (sorry for the never ending story :D)

tosin vs. KSE:
KSE it is then!

fretboard:
ebony or really dark rosewood? Since frusciante uses rosewood etc.–
It should be reallly dark, almost black, but not painted! I still want to see the grain if I want to :D
Is this doable? Making it dark by using speicfic oil combination?!

top color:
very important note on what inspired me (https://www.instagram.com/p/BlITBLVgD_m/)
I contacted the owner and he said the instagram comment with "translucent teal" isn't correct– he says it's "ocean burst" – How much would it cost to do a picture match on that top? Because I want THAT color, never quite sure if it's green or blue. Awesome.

body wood:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoW6nDAH5Z3/ – what do you think about this black limba? In this example it has exactly the tone I'm looking for. Is black limba rather consistent in looks between different pieces of wood or is it more of a random royal ebony situation?

body finish:
what's standard here? satin throughout the front and back of the entire guitar?
I want to see the grain of the mahogany/(maybe black limba) wood clearly

scale length:
you said they do 24.75'' or 25.5'' on Zeus uni-scale.
I didn't quite get the conclusion of the tension discussion. If the tension on a 25.5'' headless is less than on the Chapman ML3 bea with quite the headstock, then I'm cool with 25.5'' I guess; otherwise I maybe prefer 24.75''

gold switch tip:
do they have gold switch tips matching the knobs or is it better to get the tips somewhere else? I guess they are standardized, right?

input jack:
(just curious) how comes the Zeus input jack is sticking out right where the cable is going into? This looks weird :D
https://www.kieselguitars.com/customsho ... 700-z6.jpg

fretboard inlays:
Both the chapman and the Ibanez only had fret inlays (funnily both have infinity :D) on the 12th – I never missed
anything misesd the other fret inlays. Question now is if I will miss something on the 12th..
What do you say? And if I'd opted for a 12th fret inlay: Any suggestions? (no K!)

signature inlays:
how much would a custom inlay cost, if I'd provide the vector for the cnc machine? :D
for instance a brush on 12th bird (obviously not the PRS one ;) )

input pad:
crazy, I just did a quick google and guess I get what it's there for. Never heard of it; didn't know the Helix has it. Excited as hell to try it out. Man, I gotta keep this thread alive forever; I learn so much! :D

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 am

I would say, for the fretboard, if you're looking for something really really dark, I would not suggest Rosewood. Changing your pick technique by angling your pick two or three degrees is going to have a larger impact on your tone then the fretboard wood, in my opinion. Secondly, key Souls Rosewood is very very nice Rosewood, but it is a very rich reddish brown. I suppose you might be able to pay them to hand-select the darkest piece they have, but they're Rosewood isn't normally super dark.

Ocean burst is not a real thing. Someone may have called it that casually on Facebook or Instagram, but there is no official finish called ocean burst... And I feel like if there was, this wouldn't be it. This looks like either teal or Aqua, put over burled Maple, with a trans black burst Edge. Nothing more.

As far as their plane body Woods go, black Limba is probably the least consistent from piece to piece. You will find some pieces that simply look like a slightly darker version of white Limba, and then you will find some with very defined streaks running through it, and sometimes even somewhat bright orange spots and streaks. I would say black Limba is not a good to go for if you're looking for a visual consistency. In that photo, it almost looks more like Walnut that than black Limba, although when you look closely at it, you can see that it is indeed likely black Limba.

On a Zeus, the standard finish is tung oil on the neck, and then clear gloss on the body. On the Zeus, No Matter What finish you select for the body, the neck will always be tung oil unless you select otherwise. This is different than many of their other models where the neck finish is just carried over from the body... But since the Zeus is a bolt-on model, you will always have a ton of oil neck unless you select otherwise. You say you want to see the would clearly.... So you have two choices. Do you want the deepest richest colors and blacks, but sometimes have some of the wood hidden behind glare or reflection, or do you want to soften those harsh Reflections so that you can see more of the wood, but overall the coloring would have less contrast, with less deep blacks. That is basically your choice between gloss and Satin. Gloss is crystal clear and gives you the punchiest look for the wood, but it is reflective and can have glare, while Satin will show you more of your wood more of the time, but in my eye, to A reduced richness to the coloring.

String tension, actually I believe that the string may feel tighter on the Headless compared to the Chapman, even if they are the same scale. I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm might be reading your string tension sentence inside out and backwards, but if you like the tighter string feel, go with 25.5, but if you like the looser String feel (like Strat vs Les Paul), go with 24.75. I don't own one, but I seem to remember people saying that their headless guitars felt tighter than their guitars with headstocks, similar to how a double locking Bridge can feel tighter than just a fixed bridge, or single locking tremolo.

I don't believe they offer gold switch tips, and you may have to buy a couple different varieties. I don't know exactly what fits their switches.

The output Jack on the Zeus is exactly the same as most of the other models they carry. The dc127 they have sold for decades, the rest of the DC line, their carved Top Line, the Aries, their semi-hollow models, Etc.

Kiesel does not offer any sort of one-off custom inlay shape. At all. Maybe in a couple of years, but it's not something they offer Now.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:34 am

katerlouis wrote:As I'm writing down my build for you guys,
I realized there are still so many quetsions! AAAAH! (sorry for the never ending story :D)

No problem!

tosin vs. KSE:
KSE it is then!

Good pick, I think.

fretboard:
ebony or really dark rosewood? Since frusciante uses rosewood etc.–
It should be reallly dark, almost black, but not painted! I still want to see the grain if I want to :D
Is this doable? Making it dark by using speicfic oil combination?!

You're never gonna get rosewood that dark. The "normal" ebony kiesel uses has a little grain, but is still clearly ebony.

top color:
very important note on what inspired me (https://www.instagram.com/p/BlITBLVgD_m/)
I contacted the owner and he said the instagram comment with "translucent teal" isn't correct– he says it's "ocean burst" – How much would it cost to do a picture match on that top? Because I want THAT color, never quite sure if it's green or blue. Awesome.

Picture matches are an extra cost, but I've heard different prices tossed around so it's best to call in and ask.

body wood:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoW6nDAH5Z3/ – what do you think about this black limba? In this example it has exactly the tone I'm looking for. Is black limba rather consistent in looks between different pieces of wood or is it more of a random royal ebony situation?

Black limba is probably one of the most inconsistent woods, both aesthetically and in terms of weight. I really liked your mockup with mahogany, and you could probably request a lighter or redder piece or whatever depending on your preferences. Limba, on the other hand, just really depends on the batch they have.

body finish:
what's standard here? satin throughout the front and back of the entire guitar?
I want to see the grain of the mahogany/(maybe black limba) wood clearly

The standard's whatever you want really. If you want to see the body wood grain, just get the clear back option. As Spud said, gloss makes the wood pop a little more, but I'm more of a satin-with-wood-grain, gloss-with-solid kinda guy. All preference.

scale length:
you said they do 24.75'' or 25.5'' on Zeus uni-scale.
I didn't quite get the conclusion of the tension discussion. If the tension on a 25.5'' headless is less than on the Chapman ML3 bea with quite the headstock, then I'm cool with 25.5'' I guess; otherwise I maybe prefer 24.75''

The tension on every 25.5" scale guitar is the same. What changes is the stiffness and flex of it, the way it responds to bends and playing. A headless guitar (like one with a double-locking system) tends to be stiffer (as in the strings are a little harder to bend) but also more responsive (as in they will give you a greater increase in pitch for a smaller bend). It feels a little different under the hand than a standard guitar, and I think these differences suit the longer scale better. All your choice though, but 24.75" is a no-returns option.

gold switch tip:
do they have gold switch tips matching the knobs or is it better to get the tips somewhere else? I guess they are standardized, right?

Yeah no just buy your own, it's a lot easier.

input jack:
(just curious) how comes the Zeus input jack is sticking out right where the cable is going into? This looks weird :D
https://www.kieselguitars.com/customsho ... 700-z6.jpg

They have the serial number printed on the plate, and they use the same one for their piezo-equipped models as well, so it's sized to fit two jacks (non-piezo models only have one jack hole though).

fretboard inlays:
Both the chapman and the Ibanez only had fret inlays (funnily both have infinity :D) on the 12th – I never missed
anything misesd the other fret inlays. Question now is if I will miss something on the 12th..
What do you say? And if I'd opted for a 12th fret inlay: Any suggestions? (no K!)

For they vibe you seem to be going for I'd say 12th fret abalone diamonds.

signature inlays:
how much would a custom inlay cost, if I'd provide the vector for the cnc machine? :D
for instance a brush on 12th bird (obviously not the PRS one ;) )

They don't do those unless you're an artist, I think.

input pad:
crazy, I just did a quick google and guess I get what it's there for. Never heard of it; didn't know the Helix has it. Excited as hell to try it out. Man, I gotta keep this thread alive forever; I learn so much! :D

I spend most of my day scouring the internet for more stuff to learn, it keeps me sane. Glad to help!

katerlouis

Postby katerlouis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Uff, busy at work and Nepal trip coming up :O

but here's the next thoughts :D

top color:
how much is it to make a picture match on my top? 8) I got some more sample pictures from the owner!
image1.jpeg

clear back option:
what's that? Sorry for my confusion :(
There's gloss, satin, and now clear back?

inlay comparison:
is there a picture containing all possible 12th fret inlays at a glance? I can't find one. Comparing with so many open tabs is not so ez :D

piezo models:
why does a piezo model has two jacks?! I thought I want to switch between normal and piezo pickup rather than playing both?

neck wood:
what is this dark neck wood the outside here?
image4.jpeg

lumin-lay-dots
how come there are black borders around these lumin-lays?! :O

As always, thank you very much guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm

katerlouis wrote:top color:
how much is it to make a picture match on my top? 8) I got some more sample pictures from the owner!
image1.jpeg

I've heard between $100 and $300, so it'll be best to call and ask.

clear back option:

Super simple. It basically means the top gets dye or color, and the back is natural. Gloss and satin are the finish, clear back isn't related to these. Think like one of the pricey PRSi where you can see the back wood.

inlay comparison:
is there a picture containing all possible 12th fret inlays at a glance? I can't find one. Comparing with so many open tabs is not so ez :D

The builder shows them all if you hold your mouse over the option selection. You can get dots, diamonds, the signature squiglies, or the K.

piezo models:
why does a piezo model has two jacks?! I thought I want to switch between normal and piezo pickup rather than playing both?

It's like this:
Jack 1 gives you one mono output, your choice of magnetic pickups, piezo, or a blend of both, UNLESS you have a cable in Jack 2, in which case it will only give you magnetic output
Jack 2, when used with another cable in Jack 1, will give you just the piezo, so you can run magnetic pickups into a normal electric guitar amp and the piezo into an acoustic amp.
You have a Helix, so you can actually run two cables into different inputs and process the signals independently, ala this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQ2U4qICfY

neck wood:
image4.jpeg

That's walnut. You can get a solid walnut neck ($100ish, iirc) if you call in, as well as a bunch of laminated combos for more.

lumin-lay-dots

On the side of the fretboard? That's so you can see them against a maple fretboard. They don't do them on the front, I don't think, but I have them in ebony so they might on lighter woods.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 pm

katerlouis wrote:Uff, busy at work and Nepal trip coming up :O

but here's the next thoughts :D

top color:
image1.jpeg

It'll be better if you can just find out what the spec was on that guitar, and ask them to do the same. Photo matching over different monitors can be tricky. It looks to me just like trans aqua on burled maple, with trans black edges.

katerlouis wrote:clear back option:

You can have the clear back in gloss or satin...clear just means that they don't put any colored paint under the clearcoat. Note that this only works on guitars with a top wood, because they use that line to to tape it off.

katerlouis wrote:inlay comparison:

I've seen one of the Kiesel guys on the Facebook group post one before, but I can't seem to find it. I'll just note that not all designs are available in every material. Signature inlays are not available in Luminlay, for example. The Crescent is not available in abalone, for another.

katerlouis wrote:piezo models:

It gives you choice. If you plug into one specific jack, it will combine both signals through one normal mono cable. However, an electric acoustic sounds best through something made for it like an acoustic amp, or a PA. If you plug in the 2nd cable, it splits off the piezo signal so you can send it to another amp for teh best sound. It's more of a hassle because it's two cables, but that's the trade off for the best sound.

katerlouis wrote:neck wood:
image4.jpeg

Walnut.

katerlouis wrote:lumin-lay-dots

It used to not have it, and they got feedback that you couldn't see them easily enough on maple, the lightest spots on royal ebony, and some zebrawood. The black ring helps make it more visible.

:rockon:

katerlouis

Postby katerlouis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 am

Sorry for replying so infrequently! I really appreciate your help, but now I'm off to Nepal for 3 weeks. In regards to the Zeus I decided to visit the Kiesel headquaters in February to get a feel for the bazillion options. There are just too many prefence-gambles. Especially the neck thickness, finish, woods and fretboard radius, wood etc. .. I need to touch them!

The Piezo dual-output jack setup sounds really really great! Very interested in that. I like that the hardware is smart and reacts to what jacks have a cable inside etc.

Thank you very much for your help :)

You will hear from me again!

<3

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:46 am

Dang...Nepal? Very cool. if visiting the store is an option, that's certainly the best one! Ha!

Since you'd be travelling and your time is limited, I would definitely call ahead and set up an appointment.

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 am

spudmunkey wrote:Dang...Nepal? Very cool. if visiting the store is an option, that's certainly the best one! Ha!

Since you'd be travelling and your time is limited, I would definitely call ahead and set up an appointment.

Highly recommended. If you're still interested in some of the color and wood choice options, see if you can talk to someone who can be more specific r.e. pricing and all.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars