Vader guitar... pros and cons.

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

dvkerner

Re: Vader guitar... pros and cons.

Postby dvkerner » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:25 am

arahobob wrote:
dvkerner wrote:
arahobob wrote:
dvkerner wrote:Also, do you think a 56 would fit on the low end? How tight is it on the 49? I use 12-56

My v7 uses a 60 or 62. You'll be fine.

Thank you, I appreciate that! The slot for that one isn't bigger because it's a 7 string?

On the nut, I'd assume so.
I was just referring to the hardware - i'll give it a look over when I change strings to investigate.

Okay! Let me know what you find!

Brian Johnston
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brian Johnston » Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 am

I didn't feel like reading through all the posts to see if anyone mentioned the pickups. I like the Vader very much... comfortable and compact... I also like the body shape. What I did not like were the Lithium pickups. I found they were a bit dark or muddy... they didn't have life in them like other guitars I've used and have. Having said that, I've also been using various pedals, although I do have an Axe Fx II. Just recently I got a Carl Martin Buff DeLuxe (I'll post a review on it soon)... a buffer... and holy smokes it completely brightens and picks up the pickups... at least allows them to come through far better than before. And so, the issue was not the pickups... just all my true-bypass pedals, lol.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Sat May 12, 2018 10:59 am

That's probably the first time I've ever heard the lithiums called too dark and muddy. The complaint is pretty much universally (with those that have an issue with them) that they're too bright.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars