Pot Size

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MMFB

Pot Size

Postby MMFB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:46 am

K. I posted this on Facebook and only got smartass replies so please spare me the same here. I am looking for the size of the volume pot hole. I assume the tone and volume pot holes are the same size. I am considering moving my volume pot to my tone pot and putting in a stutter button. If anyone knows the size if the hole please let me know. Thanks!

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Pot Size

Postby colossal » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:49 am

I believe they are 6mm. I changed my pots out for different values and standard 3/8" bushing (9.5mm) and had to enlarge the holes.

hopkinwfg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby hopkinwfg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 am

colossal wrote:I believe they are 6mm. I changed my pots out for different values and standard 3/8" bushing (9.5mm) and had to enlarge the holes.

Any significant change in tone ? What values you put in for your volume and tone ? Did you also change the tone cap?

MMFB

Postby MMFB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 am

Thank you very much! That helps. :)

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby colossal » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 pm

hopkinwfg wrote:
colossal wrote:I believe they are 6mm. I changed my pots out for different values and standard 3/8" bushing (9.5mm) and had to enlarge the holes.

Any significant change in tone ? What values you put in for your volume and tone ? Did you also change the tone cap?

Yes, a definite change in tone. I lowered the stock 500k pots in my HH1Xs to 250k. Stock polyester chicklet tone cap was changed to paper-in-oil. Pickup is the KH12B.

hopkinwfg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby hopkinwfg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:33 am

colossal wrote:
hopkinwfg wrote:

Yes, a definite change in tone. I lowered the stock 500k pots in my HH1Xs to 250k. Stock polyester chicklet tone cap was changed to paper-in-oil. Pickup is the KH12B.

Thanks buddy ! Am looking to change the Alpha mini...

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars