Headless Trem Inquire

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Jack'O'Licious
Links/Contact:

Headless Trem Inquire

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am

Hello all,

So I own my own custom ordered DCM8 that I ordered last year and I just ordered a used Kiesel Aries 7 with a piezo on Reverb.com. My quest now takes me to a headless with a trem. I have $1100 saved up so far and while I am saving the rest I want to narrow down my options. I was going to go with the Vader but now with the release of the Osiris and Zues I may be interested in the Osiris instead. I have a few questions for anyone who can answer.

I have seen on youtube demos there is somewhat some room for pulling up on the tremolo in the Vaders but I cant tell on the Osiris if it will go up or not. In the recent demo with Scott Carstairs he only seems to be pushing down so I'm not sure. On the vader though, i guess there isn't some Dimebag-esque squeals though right? I haven't seen anyone use a VaderX and do something as crazy as a Floyd Rose but geez I really hate tampering with a Floyd. I will never own another one of those again. So can anyone with experience with the VaderX explain or link a demo of how high and low you can go with a Kiesel/Hipshot headless trem? Also if the Osiris will do the same or not?

Thanks in advance.
2017 DCM8
2016 A7H

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Headless Trem Inquire

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 am

Yes, the trem can be pulled up. If you look closely as some of the closeups of the tuner knob access "swoops", they have an extra carve to allow for pull-back on the versions with a trem.

You can see it really well in this image:

Citizen Klaus

Postby Citizen Klaus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 am

Question for anyone: what's the pull-up range on the headless trem? Is it more like the 6-7 semitones of a good FR/Edge, or is it more like the ~2 semitones I get out of my Wilky?

Thinking of finally getting a 7-string, but I'd like a bit more trem range than I currently get from my Bolt.
2008 Bolt-T

Jack'O'Licious
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm

I don't know for sure but I saw a review video by Gear Gods and there is no way you are getting Floyd Rose range on the pull ups. Ill have to go back and check but I think he said it went up a 3rd or something. He worded it weird.
2017 DCM8
2016 A7H

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 pm

A couple of reviews about it that I have read which mentioned it, made it sound like the hipshot trem is somewhere in between those two.

Citizen Klaus

Postby Citizen Klaus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks, both of you. That'll give me something to chew on.
2008 Bolt-T

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars