A strange mistake...

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Antag

A strange mistake...

Postby Antag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:34 am

...OK, so my new DC7X arrived on Wednesday. I'm thrilled to bits with it. In looks, sound, feel, playability it's as close to perfection as any one guitar could be. I love it.

However, there's one issue: it came with a soft case rather than the hard case I ordered. My invoice definitely says HC28, but the little works card/sticker thingy says SC10. So I went back & double-checked my credit card. Sure enough, I was charged $40 less than the invoice (the amount in £ sterling looked about right at the time, so I didn't really look that closely at it, but when I click the transaction to expand it, it shows the dollar amount).

I'm not sure I want to do anything about it. I quite like the soft case & had been thinking that it would be nice to have one of my DC7Xs with it for easier/lighter carrying. I've received the item I've paid for, even though it's not what I actually asked for & it's partly my fault for not paying closer attention. It seems strange that somewhere in between sending the invoice & making the little sticky card, that something got changed.

What say the board - is it worth calling about it? Even if I don't want to change it, to highlight the mistake so it doesn't happen to someone else?

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: A strange mistake...

Postby gumbynotpokey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 am

Some of us totally love this company, it's products, and business model. For that very reason I would call then and discuss it. Even if you seek no remedy. It will help them to hear what happened.

Let us know how that turns out, if you do.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 am

I had a similar, purely cosmetic issue with my ST300 a few years ago - came with a black middle PUP instead of cream as ordered. Mike Jones from Carvin saw the post and insisted on sending me a the correct PUP (which I installed myself). Threw in a Carvin leather strap, too.

They actively want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. That's something to encourage.

Nombrecomun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Nombrecomun » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 am

gumbynotpokey wrote:Some of us totally love this company, it's products, and business model. For that very reason I would call then and discuss it. Even if you seek no remedy. It will help them to hear what happened.

I second this. All feedback will help them prevent another mistake.

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Feed back is good it works towards the goal of less issues for everyone. If no one calls them to let them know something went wrong with the order it’s likely to happen again. Even if it is something your willing to live with and the soft case for me is one of those items. They are very nice. Enjoy your guitar.
dbones Lefties
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

Antag

Postby Antag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 am

Nombrecomun wrote:
gumbynotpokey wrote:Some of us totally love this company, it's products, and business model. For that very reason I would call then and discuss it. Even if you seek no remedy. It will help them to hear what happened.

I second this. All feedback will help them prevent another mistake.

You've both written what I was thinking too.

So I phoned them & spoke to customer services. The copy of the invoice they have says SC10 on it, not HC28, so somehow in between sending me the invoice when I placed the order & submitting it for payment/building, it got changed.

Nobody is really sure how/why that happened. Looks like a one-off.

DublF

Postby DublF » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:14 am

This happened to me last year. My GIS DC600 came with a soft case when I had ordered a hard case. Also, it was supposed to come with strap locks and didn't. After 1 phone call to Noble, everything was handled professionally and promptly. sh*t happens, and Kiesel made it right immediately.
DC600H
KV6

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars