My Journey with the Aries

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

socalguitar

My Journey with the Aries

Postby socalguitar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Let me first start off by saying that I have a Carvin DC127C that I ordered in 2010. This was my first Carvin, before that having a tele and a strat. This guitar was my go to for the past 7 years. Near the end of 2017 I had enough saved up in my "guitar piggy bank" and new I wanted to get my hands on a kiesel. The new multiscale really intrigued me and I figured I would give one a shot. Thankfully I live in southern california and was able to make the short 3 hour drive down to the showroom to try out some guitars. Over a few hours after noodling around, I decided on an AM6. After receiving it, unfortunately I didn't really gel with it ( I think it was partially due to it being a multiscale, something that I did not have much experience with.) Kiesel did a great job, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I called and talked to Flock in the showroom and he was super helpful about fixing it and making sure I got a guitar that I was satisfied with. Visiting the showroom again and talking about wood selections and options helped me to better zone in on what options I wanted and I chose a A6H. Well, long story short I received the guitar yesterday 02/09/2018 and from the moment I first strummed it I could tell this thing was it! I am 100% BLOWN AWAY with the tones that I am getting through my Kemper rig even playing in a small 10x10 room. I am definitely impressed with the customer service and build quality. Shoutout to Flock in the showroom who hooked me up with a sweet new axe! :rockon: .

PICS: https://imgur.com/a/XnGBC

SPECS:
A6H Aries 6 with hipshot
ASH1 One piece swamp ash body
AAT Antique Ash Treatment
CS Clear Satin Matte Finish
5MW 5 piece maple and walnut neck
THNN thinner neck profile
APH ash headstock overlay
BMF birdseye fretboard
ISOD staggered offset dot inlays
IA abalone inlays
STJF stainless jumbo frets
6IN 6 S Inline pointed headstock
R20 20" fretboard radius
PPB black pickup poles
BC black chrome plated hardware
BL black logo
SL Strap locks
HC10 hardcase

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: My Journey with the Aries

Postby texastoast » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Very nice. Enjoy.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Very cool!

I'm really digging my A6H. And still getting used to it as well. 8)
Aries A6H, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Welcome to the A6H club!

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Greg Emm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Both guitars are real lookers and seem as though, between them, you have all your musical bases covered. Congratulations and enjoy.

:coolpics:

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars