Kiesel Aries 6 String identification

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Pro69Camaro

Kiesel Aries 6 String identification

Postby Pro69Camaro » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello all ... So I'm new to Kiesel guitars, and I have an opportunity to buy a used Kiesel Aries 6 String from a nationally recognized music store, but I'm looking for more information about it than it seems they can provide. I've included some images/pics in the hopes someone can help:
Kiesel Aries 6 01.jpg

Kiesel Aries 6 02.jpg

Kiesel Aries 6 03.jpg

Kiesel Aries 6 04.jpg

(1) Is there a more specific model/designation for this guitar (other than just a Kiesel Aries 6 String)?
(2) Can anyone identify what the pickups and bridge are, if they're provided by Kiesel, or if they're aftermarket?
(3) Any idea what the woods neck and fretboard are made of, as well as those of the main body and the top/cap of the body?
(4) What is the finish called on the body?

Any information on any of the above, and otherwise in assisting with better identifying the guitar is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for the help ... :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Kiesel Aries 6 String identification

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Because every build is custom, they don't really have individual model designations for different configurations of options, like the alphabet soup that comes with every possible color and Bridge variation from Ibanez...except string count, multiscale, and perhaps the bridge style. Some could call this an A6H because it the Hipshot fixed bridge.

The pickups look like the Kiesel Lithium humbuckers, based on the screw styles.

The neck looks to be there standard one piece Hard Rock Maple neck, and the fretboard looks to be bird's-eye maple. Since this is a bolt-on, and tung oil finish on the neck is standard, that is likely the finish on the back of the neck. It's hard to tell from the photo if perhaps the neck is finished with a clear Satin, but unless they are a weirdo like me, they probably stuck with the standard and wonderful tung oil finish.

The wood appears to me to be burled Maple, although it's possible that It could be burled Poplar... But as for the color fade finish, that is not an "official" finish, so it doesn't really have a name that means anything to anyone except the owner.

Pro69Camaro

Postby Pro69Camaro » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Good info there ... Thanks!

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Contacting Kiesel with the serial number will help identify original options and build month. Sometimes a run will also have a number inside the electronics cavity, as I believe an Aries run was done last year. That is definitely a unique finish. Spud provided good info otherwise, and I agree.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars