- Posts: 2
- Joined: Feb 2018
(1) Is there a more specific model/designation for this guitar (other than just a Kiesel Aries 6 String)?
(2) Can anyone identify what the pickups and bridge are, if they're provided by Kiesel, or if they're aftermarket?
(3) Any idea what the woods neck and fretboard are made of, as well as those of the main body and the top/cap of the body?
(4) What is the finish called on the body?
Any information on any of the above, and otherwise in assisting with better identifying the guitar is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for the help ...
- Elite Carvinite
- Posts: 15935
- Joined: Jan 2008
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
The pickups look like the Kiesel Lithium humbuckers, based on the screw styles.
The neck looks to be there standard one piece Hard Rock Maple neck, and the fretboard looks to be bird's-eye maple. Since this is a bolt-on, and tung oil finish on the neck is standard, that is likely the finish on the back of the neck. It's hard to tell from the photo if perhaps the neck is finished with a clear Satin, but unless they are a weirdo like me, they probably stuck with the standard and wonderful tung oil finish.
The wood appears to me to be burled Maple, although it's possible that It could be burled Poplar... But as for the color fade finish, that is not an "official" finish, so it doesn't really have a name that means anything to anyone except the owner.
- Gold Carvinite
- Posts: 1262
- Joined: Oct 2010
- Location: Omnipresence nearly achieved!
Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.
Do or do not; there is no understand.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests