Keisel neck profile?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Original Cowbell!

Keisel neck profile?

Postby Original Cowbell! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

What would you compare the Kiesel neck shape/carve to?

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Keisel neck profile?

Postby ilyti » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Would I compare it to a summer's day? It is more lovely, and more temperate. :)

EDIT: no this one's better: I compare it to a kiss from a rose on the grey. Ooh, the more I'm playing it, the better it feels, yeah.

Original Cowbell!

Postby Original Cowbell! » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 am

ya thanks! very helpful. How do the compare to day a Carvin guitar neck on a CT model?

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am

They have not changed the standard neck shape since the Carvin days, if that's what you're asking.

adamag98
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adamag98 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 am

I have limited exposure but here's how I compare the profile of my 3 electric guitars. In no particular order.

1. Carvin DC400CW - thinnest of the 3, narrower fretboard. Very fast. 12" radius. i can feel the laminate edges in back. This is probably due to not paying attention to humidity during the winter in DFW. It's not bothersome at all - great neck.

2. 1995 Washburn N4. i believe it's a 14" radius. Also a very fast neck. Not quite as thin as the Carvin, and slightly wider.

3. 2017 Music Man Axis - the smoothest feeling neck by a long shot, although it's also a lot newer. The radius i believe is 10". It definitely is the thickest of the necks. The guitar itself is a rock machine, but some things are more difficult to play. For example, the 14/12/14 >16>14>14>16/14 slide from Cliffs of Dover is much more difficult on the MM due to the curved radius.

All 3 are great. I prefer the upper fret access to the MM and N4 compared to the tight squeeze of the Carvin, but the thickness of the Carvin for my hands is awesome.

Original Cowbell!

Postby Original Cowbell! » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 am

I have owned a dc127 I ordered in the 90's (thin neck) a Carvin Bolt, Carvin Cs4m, Carvin Ct3m and Fenders and Gibsons and Warmouths a plenty.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars