NGD - I NEED ADVICE! — Resolved***

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

peoplearestrange

NGD - I NEED ADVICE! — Resolved***

Postby peoplearestrange » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 pm

So i just got my A6X today and its perfect, well almost.
I first want to say the guitar is impeccable, I love the way it plays and feels, really superb craftsmanship...

It's just not what I ordered exactly. I ordered via email, and I went back and forth with the salesman a bit to get everything just right. I received it today and the headstock does not match the body color, which was something I really wanted. It's a bit disappointing honestly, but it isn't a HUGE deal. The guitar still looks great but I think it would be better the way I ordered/wanted it.

Do you guys think I should contact them and see about them fixing it or just leave it as is?

Do you think it would cost me to get it fixed? Just looking for some advice as I love the guitar minus this one detail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jgm258

Re: NGD - I NEED ADVICE!

Postby Jgm258 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Same thing happened to me. Except I was expecting a colored back and only the top was finished. I did not ask for rear natural clear, it is not on the invoice, and I was not told that daisy yellow is a stain and only applied to the top and apparently voids returns. I was just denied an exchange/refund this afternoon... I'm pretty salty but I'm still trying to fight for what I paid for because I think this is BS.

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Check the build sheet. Does it say both "Black limba headstock" and "Headstock to match body finish?". If you paid for "Headstock to match body finish" which I believe is another $40 on top of the black limba headstock overlay I would at least get them to refund you for the option they didn't actually do. If you are happy with the guitar as it is. If not, you could send it back to have the headstock painted. Shouldn't be a big fix.
If the build sheet does not say "Headstock to match body finish" that is the fault of the sales rep, not the builders. He should have understood from your email that you wanted the headstock to be green like the body and put it on the sheet. Don't quite know how I'd go about that one.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

You just need to decide how important it is to you. You don't want that eating at you for years if it bugs you.

For what it's worth, I think it looks cool the way it is. The headstock looks like a natural progression from the neck.

DannyB819
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby DannyB819 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:34 pm

If it were me, I'd send it back. The AC175 I received way back in 1996 as a high school graduation present was delivered to my parents' house whilst I was away at college, so I didn't get to see it until way after the 10-day trial period was over.

I actually hated the way the finish came out as it was a classic sunburst that was way too orange in the middle due to the spruce top wood. Since the guitar came in early October and I didn't see it until Thanksgiving, I was stuck with it and to this day I look at the guitar and think it doesn't look the way I want it to look. It's a helluva player and sounds tremendous plugged in, but I've never like the way it looked. It's been 22 years and I'm still not happy.

Learn from my mistake. Send it back and get exactly what you want.

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:09 am

Precisely. If it's not what you want, and is not non-returnable, send it back. Get what you want.

Getting what you want is worth the wait.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Praiser
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Praiser » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:37 am

gumbynotpokey wrote:Precisely. If it's not what you want, and is not non-returnable, send it back. Get what you want.

Getting what you want is worth the wait.

^^THIS^^ All day long, every single time. Fix it now while you can. It'll play and sound just as good when you get it back.
John

LB75AP, LB70P, X54F, BK50, BK50F, BK40, C780
PB100, PB200 (With BX500 head and 1x15 ext Cab)
XP1000L, LM153s, LS1801A
Rogue Fretless, Ibanez ABG, Dobro Bass
Peavey Fury P Bass

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby skully13a » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:29 am

While I like the look of it, I do agree there's value in getting what you ordered.
SH645
V440T
Purple Bolt!
DC127 Koa
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 am

Do call your sales guy and have a nice chat with him.
They'll want to make it right for you.
Aries A6H, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 am

I agree with the majority; see if you can send it back. The old Carvin would have refused if your Invoice didn't explicitly state the headstock wood and matching color, but I think that Kiesel will give you more slack in that event. If your Invoice is in order, go for it. If not, include a copy of the email you posted here as evidence with your correspondence to them. (Or you can claim that there is something else you don't like about it as long as it's not an Option-50 no-return build!) Kiesel's are not inexpensive instruments - you want to be happy with it today, and 10 years from now.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am

I definitely appreciate all of the comments and advice guys, really thank you. I pretty much agreed with everything said, and I do want it fixed. Don’t wanna go years with that little detail always making me say “if only”.

I went ahead and contacted them and now am waiting to see what they can/will do.

I don’t see the color match on the invoice so it was mostly like an ordering error. I guess next time I will be suuuper thorough and make sure I have a copy of the final build list before I pay. Seems obvious but I also felt like my email was pretty clear haha..oh well.

I’ll post an update sometime soon hopefully if anyone cares to see how it plays out, and you will definitely see some proper NGD pics coming to a thread near you.

peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Sun May 06, 2018 4:33 pm

***RESOLVED***

It's been a while since all this happened, just been too lazy to post. They got back to me quickly after I emailed them letting them know of the mistake. They paid to ship it back to the factory, painted the headstock, and shipped it back, and sent me a Kiesel fretwrap all at no charge. The whole process took about a month extra, but now I have exactly what I wanted and the guitar is a dream. I am very thankful for their help in making it right, and I will not hesitate to order another in the future.

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Sun May 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Nice! Glad to hear it.

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby amon » Mon May 07, 2018 12:39 am

gumbynotpokey wrote:If it's not what you want, and is not non-returnable, send it back.

Even if it is non-returnable, if they get it wrong from what you ordered and paid for, they have to make amends in some way. That super-custom white Chaquico-themed V220 came back because they put the output jack on the wrong side of the wing.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 am

Great to hear!

tbonesullivan
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby tbonesullivan » Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Glad to hear that it was successfully resolved! Got any new pictures of the correct headstock color?
Guitars: Bolt in Electric Blue, Cobalt 750T
Basses: B4A in classic sunburst , B5 in sunsetburst, XB75 in TPB, PB4 in Blue Burst, LB70F in Pearl blue

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 pm

tbonesullivan wrote:Glad to hear that it was successfully resolved! Got any new pictures of the correct headstock color?

viewtopic.php?f=11&p=649763#p649763

And it's pretty wicked.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

tbonesullivan
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby tbonesullivan » Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Oh wow, that does look good. I still don't have a green guitar... But do I like green enough to have a guitar colored green.
Guitars: Bolt in Electric Blue, Cobalt 750T
Basses: B4A in classic sunburst , B5 in sunsetburst, XB75 in TPB, PB4 in Blue Burst, LB70F in Pearl blue

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Mon May 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Glad to hear it resolved nicely for you!

Remember boys and girls - READ your invoice! ASK questions about ANYTHING you aren't 100% sure of!
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Tue May 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Great news; certainly MUCH better customer service than you would have gotten under the old Carvin regime.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars