Have you ever bought one of your old ones back? I JUST DID!

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

jptortor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Have you ever bought one of your old ones back? I JUST DID!

Postby jptortor » Thu May 10, 2018 7:00 pm

So I sold this one, and instantly regretted it. I am so glad to have found it again and got it! I love it a lot more this time - I put one of my favorite pickup sets in. I forgot how nice it was!

Pretty simple overall - Mahogany body, piezo, "extra streaky" ebony board... and the one really cool bit - solid rosewood neck! SO happy to have this one back.

ElfDude

Re: Have you ever bought one of your old ones back? I JUST DID!

Postby ElfDude » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm glad you got it back!

There was one guitar that I sold and then bought back. Not a Kiesel/Carvin though.

And then I gave it to my daughter. What was I thinking?
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri May 11, 2018 7:05 am

That's a great combination of woods. . . does that neck have a rosewood fretboard, or is it like a Fender maple neck with no actual fretboard laid on top.. ie the top of the neck just radiused and frets laid right on top like a strat or tele?
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

jptortor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jptortor » Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 am

It’s actually an ebony board on this one. I think regardless it would’ve been a separate bird because that’s how they load the truss road.

customguitars87

Postby customguitars87 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 pm

jptortor wrote:So I sold this one, and instantly regretted it. I am so glad to have found it again and got it! I love it a lot more this time - I put one of my favorite pickup sets in. I forgot how nice it was!

Pretty simple overall - Mahogany body, piezo, "extra streaky" ebony board... and the one really cool bit - solid rosewood neck! SO happy to have this one back.

Have you ever bought one of yours back and made a lengthy post about how much you regretted selling it and then put it back up for sale 2 months later?

https://reverb.com/item/13854930-kiesel ... ous-guitar

Just kidding though, we've all had GAS come and go :)

Jack'O'Licious
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 am

Oh my goodness. That's funny. I thought I saw that guitar before. I stalk reverb and check it religiously.

On a side note, how do you guys order the Vanquish head stock. I think that thing is hideous.
Kiesel's:
2017 DCM8, 2016 A7H

Other's:
Cheap Peavey Strat, Jackson Dinky 7 with BKP Juggernauts, 2017 Dingwall NG-2 5 string, 2017 Warwick RB Corvette 6 string

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 am

Jack'O'Licious wrote:Oh my goodness. That's funny. I thought I saw that guitar before. I stalk reverb and check it religiously.

On a side note, how do you guys order the Vanquish head stock. I think that thing is hideous.

Some like it, and for others it's function-over-form (straight string pull, most compact, lightest weight, and least amount of excess string behind the nut).

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars