Can you get binding on the neck and headstock, or just the body?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

God of War
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can you get binding on the neck and headstock, or just the body?

Postby God of War » Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Surely you can?

Also, besides black and white, what other colors can you get for the binding?
Saving up for:

JB200C
DC700C: Purple Quilt, Trans Black Burst and Gold Hardware

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Can you get binding on the neck and headstock, or just the body?

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm

No, they only offer plastic binding on the body, and only on select models (AE185, AC375, and I think the Solo if you give up the forearm contour). And unless things have changed, they only offer a 3-layer binding: Red tortoise, white and black.

They offer painted "binding" in white or black on some models (not all) and they could actually probably do most any color if you're willing to give up the 10-day trial period, but that painted "binding" is also only on the body.

God of War
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby God of War » Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm

spudmunkey wrote:No, they only offer plastic binding on the body, and only on select models (AE185, AC375, and I think the Solo if you give up the forearm contour). And unless things have changed, they only offer a 3-layer binding: Red tortoise, white and black.

They offer painted "binding" in white or black on some models (not all) and they could actually probably do most any color if you're willing to give up the 10-day trial period, but that painted "binding" is also only on the body.

I see.

Thank you.
Saving up for:

JB200C
DC700C: Purple Quilt, Trans Black Burst and Gold Hardware

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 pm

God of War wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:No, they only offer plastic binding on the body, and only on select models (AE185, AC375, and I think the Solo if you give up the forearm contour since real binding doesn't bend like that). And unless things have changed, they only offer a 3-layer binding: Red tortoise, white and black.

I see.

Thank you.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars