‘Primer Grey’ color/Fishman Pickups

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Krasnyvolk

‘Primer Grey’ color/Fishman Pickups

Postby Krasnyvolk » Fri May 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello!

I am lookmg at getting my first Kiesel built and there are two option 50 features I am looking at, and I’m curious if anyone here has had any experience similar to what I’m looking to do.

- The first is choosing a nonstandard color that I’ve seen Kiesel describe as ‘Primer Grey’ in the past (a handful of models show up in a google search). I’m looking to do this color in a gloss finish and I’m curious to see if anyone has the same (or something similar) and pictures of how it turned out.

- Lastly, I know they offer Fishman Fluence pickups as a standard option for some of the headless, but I’m curious if anyone was able to have them installed on other models, particularly a Multiscale model (I’m looking at at DCM7 or DCM8).

Thanks!

morph
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: ‘Primer Grey’ color/Fishman Pickups

Postby morph » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm

They'll install any pickups you provide, assuming as they will fit. You just need to contact Fishman and
see if they have 7 or 8 string pups that will fit in the Kiesel multi-scale routes.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: ‘Primer Grey’ color/Fishman Pickups

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 pm

One issue they have brought up is that because the pickups aren't built with an angle, they won't fit in Kiesels with that treble side upper fret accesses cutaway. The angled pickup would interfere with that. This is one of the reasons they started with these two models: they din't have that.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars