Upload photos?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

ToneWood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Upload photos?

Postby ToneWood » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:33 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, relatively new here. I can't figure out how to upload an image. The faq says if I don't have a server, I need to upload images. How? I found the "Insert image" icon, but I can't figure out how to use it. (I am also on the Jazz Guitar Forum, and it's pretty easy over there.) Tnx.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Upload photos?

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:43 am

When you start typing a post, scrolldown to below the "Save draft""Preview" and "submit" buttons, and you'll see two tabs: "Options" and "Attachments".

Click on the "Attachments" tab, then click "add files". A window will pop up to browse for an image. Select the image you want to upload.

If your post has text, that's all you *need* to do. The attachments will then just be shown at the end of the post.

However, if you don't want to add text to your post (because it won't let you post an "empty" post even with an attachment) or if you want to put the image in between lines of text, like this:
PIGME.jpg

...then you need to put the cursor inside the post text box where you'd want the imge to be inserted, and then scroll down and click the "place inline" button.

And yes...that is me in the Piggly Wiggly Mr. Pig suit. Anyone else find it creepy that the Piggly Wiggly mascot is a pig...dressed as a butcher?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ToneWood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ToneWood » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:54 am

Hey thanks so much! Giving it a try. (Not my guitar.)

FG1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 pm

ToneWood wrote:Hey thanks so much! Giving it a try. (Not my guitar.)

FG1.jpg

It works!

The trick with uploaded images is that they don't get included when the post is quoted.

The other way to post images, and this works if the image is alraedy online, is to upload it somewhere that can give you a URL that ends in ".jpg" (something like: http://www.notkiesel.com/images/yomamma.jpg )

Then, you can use the button up above of the little picture with the mountain and the sun, and paste that URL in between the "[img]" tags. Like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.notkiesel.com/images/yomamma.jpg[/img]

This has two differences: It'll paste it into your post full-size (not shrunk-down in a clickable window like when you upload them here, and not compressed) which is both nice and a pain...and the images also get included when someone quotes your post.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:08 am

I've been using imgur. Seems to work well.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Until they go and pull a Photobucket.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars