What are the controls on a HSH Aries?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Handy

What are the controls on a HSH Aries?

Postby Handy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm getting close to nailing down my order for a Aries A6 - I'm debating between a HH or HSH config.

It sounds like the HH variant gets you a couple settings with the coils split with the 5 position lever switch. What are the switching options for the HSH? There obviously aren't enough settings in a 5 way to give you all the options including splitting the humbuckers.

Is there an unlisted option for a push-pull pot or mini toggle to allow coil splits with the HSH?

Then of course there's the raging internal debate between the really cool looking streaky ebony fretboard or the good old standby of rosewood.... So many decisions!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: What are the controls on a HSH Aries?

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 pm

I can't answer your switching question, but you can sort of customize the controls. You could add a mini switch or two, you could make both knobs push-pull knobs, etc. Some of these may negate the 10 day trial period, though.

ElfDude

Re: What are the controls on a HSH Aries?

Postby ElfDude » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am

I believe the default for the HSH 5-way is:

Bridge humbucking
Bridge split + center
Center
Neck split + center
Neck humbucking
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars