Planning a Holdsworth

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Planning a Holdsworth

Postby Srini » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Well, it's a good thing I have plenty of time, given my indecisiveness, eh? So, assuming that many features are a constant (pickups, body backwood, hardtail bridge etc), I wonder how you would rate the following configurations on a brightness scale - 1 being warmest (least bright) and 5 being the brightest (least warm) and, I guess 10 being truly metal...(nothing goes to 11!) Hopefully none of my choices go beyond 5.

Chambered mahogany body with:

1. Mahogany top / mahogany neck / RW board
2. Mahogany top / mahogany neck / ebony board
3. Spruce top / mahogany neck / RW board
4. Mahogany top / roasted maple neck / RW board
5. Mahogany top / laminated neck (5-way Mah/Map) / RW board

I'm sure I could dream up many more permutations, but these are the most feasible choices for me. I added the roasted maple neck because you guys mentioned it's inherent stability, and I've also read that roasting maple increases it's warmth somewhat - and it's resonance, of course.

One last question (for this post). Is there enough room in the control cavity for a 9v battery?

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Srini wrote:Well, it's a good thing I have plenty of time, given my indecisiveness, eh? So, assuming that many features are a constant (pickups, body backwood, hardtail bridge etc), I wonder how you would rate the following configurations on a brightness scale - 1 being warmest (least bright) and 5 being the brightest (least warm) and, I guess 10 being truly metal...(nothing goes to 11!) Hopefully none of my choices go beyond 5.

Chambered mahogany body with:

1. Mahogany top / mahogany neck / RW board
2. Mahogany top / mahogany neck / ebony board
3. Spruce top / mahogany neck / RW board
4. Mahogany top / roasted maple neck / RW board
5. Mahogany top / laminated neck (5-way Mah/Map) / RW board

I'm sure I could dream up many more permutations, but these are the most feasible choices for me. I added the roasted maple neck because you guys mentioned it's inherent stability, and I've also read that roasting maple increases it's warmth somewhat - and it's resonance, of course.

One last question (for this post). Is there enough room in the control cavity for a 9v battery?

Srini

IDK about an objective scale, but I'd say in order of warmest to brightest:
As far as the 9v, you could probably get one in the standard Kiesel headless control cavity, but I think the HH has a smaller one than those still. So, maybe?
You could definitely fit a 9v cell (that you can order parts for online and assemble yourself) that would be the same but rechargeable, slightly smaller, and with the caveat of probably less total capacity than the standard blocky 9v.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Thank you Harlow - very interesting. We both have similar thoughts, except that I may have put 1 as being warmer than 3, but this is all so subjective, right? I saw a clip that someone had posted with HH2 spruce top, and I have to say it really sounded great! I believe it may have had a chambered mahogany body too.

I'm really leaning towards that combo heavily.

About the battery compartment, that was the result of perhaps a truly ridiculous thought of maybe putting in EMG 89s one one day. It will probably never happen, but it's nice to know the size.

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Srini wrote:Thank you Harlow - very interesting. We both have similar thoughts, except that I may have put 1 as being warmer than 3, but this is all so subjective, right? I saw a clip that someone had posted with HH2 spruce top, and I have to say it really sounded great! I believe it may have had a chambered mahogany body too.

About the battery compartment, that was the result of perhaps a truly ridiculous thought of maybe putting in EMG 89s one one day. It will probably never happen, but it's nice to know the size.

Srini

As far as spruce vs. mahogany, I think that's because spruce has a bit of an extended high end - it pushes higher frequencies that the mahogany just doesn't have, but not in what I'd consider the "brightness" range. A bit more sparkle on top, sure, but the midrange and bass are a lot more "flowy", if I'm making any sense. More warmth and focus in the midrange, and the kind of bass that's really sensitive to your picking technique to get tighter or looser.
9v for actives?
Hmm. . . if it was for something on-board (I remember someone wanting to put a tuner in something a little while back), you might have had issues with compatibility, but for active pickups you might have some luck with the Fishman Fluence Universal Battery Pack - it's this tiny thingamajig-magic-box that you put on the back of your cavity cover (after drilling an access hole) that's meant for the Fluence pickups but works with EMGs. Rechargeable with a USB Micro-B (same as any Android phone from before like 2016-17ish and most accessories) and a standard USB charger, a good bit smaller than a 9v battery, and you don't have to drop cash on it every few months. A little pricey up front (around $100, iirc) but will easily save you money (and the environment) over the life of the instrument.
If you definitely want actives but don't want to mess with the rechargeable thing, you could ask Kiesel to drill rout and install a battery box separate from the control cavity (if you want to install yourself) or buy and ship them the pickups to have them installed at the factory - do be aware that both those options are non-returnable, however.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Srini wrote:Thank you Harlow - very interesting. We both have similar thoughts, except that I may have put 1 as being warmer than 3, but this is all so subjective, right? I saw a clip that someone had posted with HH2 spruce top, and I have to say it really sounded great! I believe it may have had a chambered mahogany body too.

Srini

As far as spruce vs. mahogany, I think that's because spruce has a bit of an extended high end - it pushes higher frequencies that the mahogany just doesn't have, but not in what I'd consider the "brightness" range. A bit more sparkle on top, sure, but the midrange and bass are a lot more "flowy", if I'm making any sense. More warmth and focus in the midrange, and the kind of bass that's really sensitive to your picking technique to get tighter or looser.
9v for actives?
Hmm. . . if it was for something on-board (I remember someone wanting to put a tuner in something a little while back), you might have had issues with compatibility, but for active pickups you might have some luck with the Fishman Fluence Universal Battery Pack - it's this tiny thingamajig-magic-box that you put on the back of your cavity cover (after drilling an access hole) that's meant for the Fluence pickups but works with EMGs. Rechargeable with a USB Micro-B (same as any Android phone from before like 2016-17ish and most accessories) and a standard USB charger, a good bit smaller than a 9v battery, and you don't have to drop cash on it every few months. A little pricey up front (around $100, iirc) but will easily save you money (and the environment) over the life of the instrument.
If you definitely want actives but don't want to mess with the rechargeable thing, you could ask Kiesel to drill rout and install a battery box separate from the control cavity (if you want to install yourself) or buy and ship them the pickups to have them installed at the factory - do be aware that both those options are non-returnable, however.

Your spruce vs mahogany analysis seems to concur with everything I've read. The clip I mentioned (I'm trying to find it, but, hey....my age is getting in the way!) had a really nice musical high end that wasn't maple-y at all - sweet but not trebly, if you know what I mean.

As for actives, I don't definitely know that I want it. I do love the sound of SAs, and my understanding is that the 89 is really an 85+SA under the covers, so I figured the bonus would be a good genuine neck single coil tone with the split option. But then, I may be better off just getting my tech to swap out the Holdsworths for the HighOrders I told you about - but only after playing with the Holdsworths for a couple of days. Who's to say I won't love them!

And thanks so much for the tip about the Fishmans. I've just read up on them, and I'm impressed! This could well be a game changer for me, and I could very well do the EMG 89 set.

Srini

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm a hardtail guy, but I may even get the trem upgrade just to get the Fishman cover plate battery - assuming the HH2 cover plate is the same size as a Fender.

You know, this set of options is getting to be endless - I may need to step back and take a long breath!

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Srini wrote:I'm a hardtail guy, but I may even get the trem upgrade just to get the Fishman cover plate battery - assuming the HH2 cover plate is the same size as a Fender.

You know, this set of options is getting to be endless - I may need to step back and take a long breath!

Srini

I think it might work but ideally you'd wanna call in and ask before ordering.
If you're not a trem guy but want to pick up a trem model, definitely pick up a tremol-no to go with it. It's this little gadget you put into the back of the guitar that lets you lock your floating trem either completely or to only dive. I'm cheap, so I just put wood screws into the back of my Ibby and Strandy, which work great but looks kinda jerry-rigged on the Ibby (first attempt, much cleaner on the Strandy). Setting a floating trem up properly with a block of some sort (mechanical like the Tremol-no or just a screw or piece of wood) can get you the stability of a hardtail and let you tune down and all that jazz while still letting you do scoops and dives with the trem if you ever feel like it. The tremol-no is the easiest to unlock if you want full-floating, though you can't get to it without taking the cover plate off or routing a hole for it (which you can't do with the Fishman plate), but I prefer something physically blocking the trem (screw or wood) because I feel like it gets me better resonance.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Yup..a tremol-no is a great idea. I think it will work, although Hipshot is not one of the products supported, but it may work anyway. If the backplate idea works, this may be the best way to future-proof for possible active pickups. To be honest, all the clips I've heard of the Holdsworth pickups are really great, so maybe I should just stick to that.

Srini

Waraxe

Postby Waraxe » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:41 am

Hey there, OP

I see you have questions regarding neck profile and shape. I have an '02 standard holdsworth to go off of.

The neck dimensions (measured with a caliper) on mine are:

1st fret - .81"
12th fret - .93 inches

The best way to describe the shape is to go to musikraft's site. Check out the 6 string profile page under the learn more button.

Once you see the profiles, the one closest in shape is the custom shop cs2. I find it more ellipse like. It has some shoulders compared to a straight c-shaped neck.
Neck shape is hard to describe, and musikraft does have a bunch of profiles to compare to. My Ltd ec401v has the same dimensions (exactly, measured with a caliper) but has much smaller shoulders. More round than ellipse.

I haven't come across any thicker necked Carvin or kiesels to compare

Can any of you guys confirm this? Or is my neck an oddball?

After nearly 2 decades, my h2 is still one of my best players. Its competition is a freakishly good rg921 and an rg3xxv that was set up and leveled by rich at ibanezrules. Those guitars are babies in comparison and my h2 has never had any work done to it.

Oh, and chamebering makes the guitar IMO.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Waraxe, thanks a million for your very informative post. I'm going to spend some time on the Musikraft site and learn about the neck profile. I was hoping the shouldering would be minimal, but the thickness you indicate is just about perfect - the thicker neck adds 0.03", so that would make it perfect. My current USACG necks are a nice even C profile, 1" deep throughout. Oddly enough, I have small hands - I'm a small guy - but I find these fat baseball necks to be the most comfortable ones I've played. Whether they sound any better is open to question, although they're probably more stable than thin necks.

Then again, my newest guitar is 15 years old, so they have all had plenty of time to settle in!

I'm glad you're so happy with your HH2, and no endorsement could be better than that. Others on the forum here seem to have the same feeling, so that's a good sign.

Luckily, I have a bit of a long schedule on this thanks to my travel situation currently, but I'll take advantage of it by researching the heck out of it.

Thanks again, and welcome to the forum from another newbie.

Srini

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:57 pm

First off, I would be remiss in not giving a shout out to Noble from Keisel for being more than gracious in responding to several emails, and this last one was no exception. Of course, I'd have rather gotten different answers, but facts is facts, eh?

Anyway, the bottom line is that they won't do battery installs (like routing out for the Fishman rechargeable) or tremol-no installs (although this one is probably easy enough to do myself). I say, fair enough, as long as I know what the parameters are. The question now is...is it worth planning for a future active install by getting a trem, putting in a tremol-no and hoping the Fishman cover plate rechargeable is a drop-in (I'm guessing it won't be), or just playing it safe with a hardtail and passive install? This is what I'll have to ponder.

If I go with the passive situation, the choices are the Holdsworths and the Berylliums. Given that I'm nowhere near being a djenting metalhead - even classic rock is pushing it for me - the Berylliums may be as far as I could go. The Holdsworths, of course, are a warmer choice, but the more I listen to that classic Holdsworth tone (fluty OD and heavily processed cleans), the more I'm confronted with the realization that it's not my tone - as awesome as it sounds when Holdsworth plays. However, the demos seem to indicate that those pickups will do much more. I'm not even sure I should bring up the issue of the Holdsworths being unpotted.

On the other hand, that one Beryllium demo on the Keisel site, quite frankly, sounds pretty good to me even though the OD tones are too OD for my taste; I bet you could get a great edge of breakup tone on them. Worst case, I'm not thrilled and swap them for the HighOrder pickups I love so much, which are very PAF, scatter wound and very "me" sounding. I could put the Keisel pickups where the HOs currently are - which is something of a waste right now.

So...that's the latest...:)

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 pm

If you're not sure on actives and already have a set of passives you like, adding extra stuff to get them to work is a bit of a hassle. When you get it, check if a 9v fits in the cavity if you're still interested, and if not, take it to a luthier near you to rout for a battery box. Heck, you could do it yourself with a template, it's not a very intensive process and the edges of the battery box will cover up any routing ugliness unless you trip with the router or something. Hardtail is a pretty solid setup if you like them, and the trem is really good too if you have an interest in it, but getting a trem just to fit a battery in is a little much.
I'll throw you another curveball on the pickups: I'm not home right now, but when I get back at the end of next week I'll record a couple of clean(ish) clips of my CL with Lithiums. The thing with the Kiesel pickups is that they're not made to be "metal" or "classic rock" or "jazz" pickups: they're made to get a certain tonal palette that's generally pretty genre-agnostic. The Liths are my favorite pickups for heavy caveman crap in Drop G, but they're also my favorite pickups for prog in Drop C, punk and old-school metal in Drop D, and jazz standards in (heh) standard. Bright, sure, but really responsive to the tone knob and (especially clean) not harsh at all: more like a Vox vs. a Fender bright.
Point is, I'm pretty sure the only Kiesel pickups that aren't gonna do what you want are the Thorium, the Polarity actives, and the Illusionist. Those are a little more . . . selective? with what sounds good: the Thoriums are a little like a charging woolly mammoth, the Illusionist is a little less (only a charging rhino), and the little I've heard from the Polarity set is very hi-fi. Basically everything else will work really nicely for most stuff you could throw at them and adequately for everything else - the Liths are kinda crap for blues if I'm honest because when you do that double-stop on the B and G strings (the diminished third where you bend the G string up) it stays too clear and clean - so you'll be a happy camper whatever you end up picking.
TL;DR because I have a real gift for unnecessarily long posts:
Either/or, or both, they'll each have their thing going on but they'd both be a good fit for what you're looking for.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:33 am

I think I'm with you on the trem thing - I guess I was trying to exhaust all possibilities, but I keep ending back up at the same point; hardtail with Holdsworths or Berylliums. Interesting to hear your take on the Keisel genre-neutral character of the pickups. I guess a lot of people think that Kiesel pickups focus heavily on the metal end of the spectrum, but then you have Holdsworth and Gambale playing them.

Thanks a million for your advice. Your posts are worth their weight in gold.

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Okay, got home and sat down with my CL for a bit.
Excuse the crappy playing, I haven't practiced in a couple of weeks :shh:
The first chord bits are the amp tone I'm using (neck, neck+bridge split, bridge, the standard setup on a Holdsworth IIRC), which is my Grandmeister Deluxe 40 with all the EQ flat, the channel and master volumes dimed, and the gain at about 10:30. Then Girl from Ipanema on the neck and bridge split, then Autumn Leaves on the neck pickup with the tone rolled off a bit. Then I put in my Elektron Analog Drive on the Focused Dist. setting (kinda like a gained-up Klon vibe) and did some of my own stuff on the bridge pickup (split at very end for the cleaner bit) with bass for context for a bit of gain. Then I did another thing I'm working on (split for the picking part, neck pickup with a bit more gain on the AD for the melody bit, but the AD is on for both).
I'll also say I have pretty heavy strings for standard on this (11-58 IIRC or 11-60) and the Lithiums are big fans - they sound kinda thin with anything much thinner.
Not the greatest tones I've ever gotten but I think they make my point. Lithium neck and bridge, by the way.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DdIg1NZHSzn8ymQgl25QoTnNLVGfD0VZ

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 am

Thanks for the wonderful demo - I wouldn't worry about the playing at all! Besides, the range of tones you demonstrated are exactly what I've been curious about. My favorite tone was the Autumn Leaves setting, but my sense is that overall, the Lithiums are not set up for that kind of music. I can see how they would be great in a different setting.

That said, you've done a great job in letting me know that the Lithiums, specifically, are not for me - and that is an incredibly useful milestone.

I wish I could cover the range of styles that you seem to be able to do so well!

By the way, I wonder if someone could post a picture of the HH2 control cavity? I'd love to get an idea of how crammed it really is. The pictures of the back of the guitar with the cover on, for some reason, give me the impression that with two pots and a mini toggle switch, there should be a fair amount of room left over. I suspect it's not as tiny as they make it out to be.

I did a little more research on the Fluence Open Core Classics, and there is a wiring diagram in there that needs no additional pots or switches. It uses a push-pull vol pot for Voice 2 (HB) and a push-pull tone pot for Voice 3 (single). This means that all I have to do is to find out if the control cavity is big enough for a 9V battery. In fact, it also appears that if a hole (1/2", I believe...maybe 1") can be drilled into the cavity cover plate, it is possible to put in a Fishman universal rechargeable battery) - assuming there is enough depth. I believe it needs about 1/2".

I'd say this is a real possibility here. If I know it's possible, I could try to find out if Kiesel will ship without pickups and give me something off the price, or maybe I could just put whichever pickups I get on ebay.

What do y'all think??

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Srini wrote:Thanks for the wonderful demo - I wouldn't worry about the playing at all! Besides, the range of tones you demonstrated are exactly what I've been curious about. My favorite tone was the Autumn Leaves setting, but my sense is that overall, the Lithiums are not set up for that kind of music. I can see how they would be great in a different setting.

That said, you've done a great job in letting me know that the Lithiums, specifically, are not for me - and that is an incredibly useful milestone.

I wish I could cover the range of styles that you seem to be able to do so well!

Aww thanks man!
Like has been mentioned basically every time the Liths come up, they have a really particular sound, but they're more than capable of covering whatever you toss at them. As far as jazzy stuff, more on the Chris Letchford solo record vibe than the traditional jazz sound, definitely. The other pickups are tonally different but equally capable, so it's just your pick of ice cream: they're all good, just depends what you like most.
By the way, I wonder if someone could post a picture of the HH2 control cavity? I'd love to get an idea of how crammed it really is. The pictures of the back of the guitar with the cover on, for some reason, give me the impression that with two pots and a mini toggle switch, there should be a fair amount of room left over. I suspect it's not as tiny as they make it out to be.

There's an HH2X in stock right now where you can see the backplate compared to the trem cover, and while tiny isn't necessarily the best way to describe it, teacup works pretty well - it's like a shorter but wider hot dog rout similar to what you'd find on a Telecaster. There's probably some depth clearance, but not a lot of horizontal.
I did a little more research on the Fluence Open Core Classics, and there is a wiring diagram in there that needs no additional pots or switches. It uses a push-pull vol pot for Voice 2 (HB) and a push-pull tone pot for Voice 3 (single). This means that all I have to do is to find out if the control cavity is big enough for a 9V battery. In fact, it also appears that if a hole (1/2", I believe...maybe 1") can be drilled into the cavity cover plate, it is possible to put in a Fishman universal rechargeable battery) - assuming there is enough depth. I believe it needs about 1/2".

I'd say this is a real possibility here. If I know it's possible, I could try to find out if Kiesel will ship without pickups and give me something off the price, or maybe I could just put whichever pickups I get on ebay.

What do y'all think??

Srini

You might be able to fit the Fishman cavity pack in, depending on how wide it is. I wouldn't be able to get one into my CL because it's super slim depth-wise despite the decent size horizontally, but the added depth on a HH might work out. The pack dimensions don't look too big, though it might interfere with a push-pull pot's height clearance. If you don't need every voice the Fishmans have, you could use a 4p3t toggle to get your 3 most-used sounds and have dip-switches on the cavity cover (which, if you're already modding for the universal battery wouldn't be much more) to give you what you don't have from the front.
With a 9v, again, I'd be concerned with push-pull clearance, but it would probably fit parallel to the rout.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:54 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:There's an HH2X in stock right now where you can see the backplate compared to the trem cover, and while tiny isn't necessarily the best way to describe it, teacup works pretty well - it's like a shorter but wider hot dog rout similar to what you'd find on a Telecaster. There's probably some depth clearance, but not a lot of horizontal.

You might be able to fit the Fishman cavity pack in, depending on how wide it is. I wouldn't be able to get one into my CL because it's super slim depth-wise despite the decent size horizontally, but the added depth on a HH might work out. The pack dimensions don't look too big, though it might interfere with a push-pull pot's height clearance. If you don't need every voice the Fishmans have, you could use a 4p3t toggle to get your 3 most-used sounds and have dip-switches on the cavity cover (which, if you're already modding for the universal battery wouldn't be much more) to give you what you don't have from the front.
With a 9v, again, I'd be concerned with push-pull clearance, but it would probably fit parallel to the rout.

Very nice picture of the HH2X. As I mentioned earlier, that cavity size gives me the impression there might be some wiggle room in there, but without measurements, it's hard to tell. On the other hand, I looked a little more carefully at the trem cover plate, and that might, in fact, be a Strat size. If I could get those dimensions, that would be great. This way, I could get an X model with a tremol-no (assuming one of the models fits), and just drop in the Fishman battery.

I have to look for this, but I found a demo of the Fluence Open Cores that had a very small segment on the neck single coil tone; and I have to say I was extremely impressed. Given that the guitar was a Les Paul (set neck, scale length etc), it sounded remarkably like a Strat neck tone.

If I can pull this off, there will be no additional routing for anything. And, when I get ready to pull the trigger (I'm timing this for some time towards the end of the year), I would be more than happy to order whatever pickups someone here wants and give them an incredible deal..:) Or I could just chuck them, but that would be a shame!

Srini

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Srini wrote:Very nice picture of the HH2X. As I mentioned earlier, that cavity size gives me the impression there might be some wiggle room in there, but without measurements, it's hard to tell. On the other hand, I looked a little more carefully at the trem cover plate, and that might, in fact, be a Strat size. If I could get those dimensions, that would be great. This way, I could get an X model with a tremol-no (assuming one of the models fits), and just drop in the Fishman battery.

I have to look for this, but I found a demo of the Fluence Open Cores that had a very small segment on the neck single coil tone; and I have to say I was extremely impressed. Given that the guitar was a Les Paul (set neck, scale length etc), it sounded remarkably like a Strat neck tone.

If I can pull this off, there will be no additional routing for anything. And, when I get ready to pull the trigger (I'm timing this for some time towards the end of the year), I would be more than happy to order whatever pickups someone here wants and give them an incredible deal..:) Or I could just chuck them, but that would be a shame!

Srini

I'd buy a white set of Berylliums off you if you were getting a multiscale, but alas. . .
If you reach out to the Kiesel guys they might be able to give you dimensions for the cavity cover and trem backplate, or you might want to make another thread and see if anyone on the forum who owns an HH or some X headless could measure for you.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:40 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
I'd buy a white set of Berylliums off you if you were getting a multiscale, but alas. . .
If you reach out to the Kiesel guys they might be able to give you dimensions for the cavity cover and trem backplate, or you might want to make another thread and see if anyone on the forum who owns an HH or some X headless could measure for you.

Good point. I've sent a note off to Noble - that guy must be pretty sick of me by now! Good idea about starting another thread!

Srini

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:43 am

Harlow, check this out, buddy:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJeffKi ... =2&theater

Right around 47:00, or thereabouts, Jeff shows off a bunch of Holdsworths with the exposed control cavity. I have believe there's room in there for a 9V battery, and even a universal Fishman battery in the cover, since the body is so deep. What do you think?

Srini

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars