And then there were four...

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

And then there were four...

Postby helldorado » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Since buying my DC7X in 2015, I had been hemming and hawing if 7's were really right for me. I got the AM7 earlier this year because I was thinking maybe a multi-scale would work better. They're just not for me, so it was time to downsize. The AM7 sold in like 2 days, the DC7X I expect will sell sooner than later, sooner if I lower my price a bit.

Anyway, one last time for posterity. The hardest part about selling both is they were gorgeous and sounded amazing! But good guitars need to go to good homes.

IMG_20200722_134252.jpg

Once that DC7X goes, I'll be down to 4. It'll be the third Carvin / Kiesel that only had a temporary stop in my hands. I had a 1989 V220 in pearl pink that I bought back the early 2000's, and was lucky enough to be able to sell it back to the original owner the year I got married. So far I've kept every other one I've purchased

Now I have my hot pink V220, which was my replacement for the pearl pink one, my 26.5" tropic DC600, the hot pink crackle A6X I grabbed used a year ago and my original, very first Carvin, my DC127 which is on its third combo of pickups, lol. But this is it...

PXL_20201020_155440752.jpg

The DC600 is actually getting the most play of all my guitars right now. It's super comfy and I have it in B standard. I'm on a baritone kick, I'm writing my own stuff and B is the right tuning for me. Took me a while to figure it out, and I used to struggle with downtuning standard scale guitars, but these longer scale guitars are awesome for what I do.

Hence my need to convince Jeff to embrace longer scale 6 strings... I kept the V220 and DC127 out because they're awesome, and I got all my baritones out to fill the rack, and you can see it's not just one or two. I'd have way more Kiesels if they'd build me something in a longer scale! :-)

PXL_20201020_162601274.jpg

Eventually I'll get the A6X completed with it's modifications so it sees regularly rotation. I HAAAAAAAAATE the Lithiums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery