My DC127M - Quilted Green Burst top (hi-res)

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

UndeadShredder

My DC127M - Quilted Green Burst top (hi-res)

Postby UndeadShredder » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:31 pm

Here are some pictures of my Carvin. I am really happy with it, even though the intonation is off a bit. I remember there being a post previously about how to intonate, anyone have the link?

Body
Entire guitar
Headstock
back
Fretboard

It has abalone dots but you can't really tell in the pics. Also, the flash pretty much makes it appear much brighter than it is. I wish it were that bright but it is nice in the right light. Here are the specs:

SS Frets, All Mahogany, Stock Humbuckers, Abalone blocks, Quilted Maple top/Greenburst, 12" fretboard radius and a Tung-oiled neck which is my favorite feature!

mnemonic

re: My DC127M - Quilted Green Burst top (hi-res)

Postby mnemonic » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:05 am

looks great!

intonation is pretty simple, kinda annoying to do with TOM bridges tho, because of the strings being in the way of the screws that adjust the saddles.

pretty much, on each string the fretted 12th fret should sound exactly the same as the harmonic over the 12th fret. make sure its in tune, then check. if the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, adjust the saddle to lenthen the string, retune that string, and try again.

its also helpful to alredy have the action set up the way you want it beforehand, so you dont change the action, and throw off the intonation again, haha

bruno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bruno » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:46 am

Here is a quick reference:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm

Once your close, I would also check all the octaves at differect locations. ie: 9-fret G string and 12-fret E string. It will never be perfect, but it needs to sound hgood to your ear.

UndeadShredder

Postby UndeadShredder » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Thanks a lot guys :)

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery