LindseyP's Carvin collection--so far!

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LindseyP's Carvin collection--so far!

Postby lindseyp » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:55 am

You can view my humble collection here at the Carvin Museum.

Eilzug
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

re: LindseyP's Carvin collection--so far!

Postby Eilzug » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:34 am

HUMBLE MY ARSE!!! That bolt rocks the world.....! If I ever bump my head (again) really hard, and wanted a change from natural woods, I'd 'DO THE BLUE'!!!! 8) 8) :woot:

Bundy
Location: N. Carolina Carvin Institute for the Musically Insane, V3 Ward

Postby Bundy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 am

I've admired that fantastic blue Bolt before. :coolpics: Partial cowbell goes to Lindseyp for not putting the pics in THIS thread! :cowbell:
~Bundy Reverbnation~
Carvin guitars!

RIP Carolyn Ann "Bundywoman" 8/9/1963-10/13/2016 Soulmate

Eric 666
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Eric 666 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 am

^ LOL, I like the 1995 Model, very nice collection.

UndeadShredder

Postby UndeadShredder » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Those look great.

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 am

I'M BACK! Ha Ha HAA, I'm Baaack! Ha HA Ha Ha Ha :lol: I'm-- oh, sorry, I, um, well, I was locked out for a couple of days. But I'm back now! Thanks Kev, you da man! And thanks to you guys for the compliments on the little ole collection. The '95 is still my favorite 'cause DC127s can play anything! However, these is a Sunburst Bolt with FT6 Bridge on the in-stock pagethat has me wondering if I should just, ...
I'm really a bass player in my heart, because that's what makes the ladies get off their seats and move them. And, I love the ladies.

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Wow, this blows. I snagged an ash-bodied Bolt from the in-stock page last week, got a notice that my order shipped, then got an e-mail that said Carvin doesn't ship to APO addresses. But wait--click on My Humble Collection here at the Carvin Museum; three of the four guitars shown were mailed to my APO addresses at various times during my overseas tours. When did this policy change? I really wanted that Bolt.
I'm really a bass player in my heart, because that's what makes the ladies get off their seats and move them. And, I love the ladies.

beef
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby beef » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:20 pm

LindseyP- I run into the APO problem all the time. You can set up an account with shipitapo.com and then you'll have a regular US address where you can have all your packages forwarded to you.

For APO mail going to Korea, the USPS sends everything to a depot in SanFrancisco. The civilian contractors there are notorious for stealing packages (I learned that the hard when when my MacBook got stolen in the mail- 5 months later and I'm still waiting on the insurance payment). The problem is that the customs form tells them exactly what's inside the box. The guys at shititapo rebox the package, then they fill out the customs form to read "household goods in accordance with AR...". In other words, they tell the contractors that box is legal, but they don't specify whats in it. I don't know if theft is a problem for mail going to Iraq, but for something like a guitar, you might consider that.

Hope this helps.

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 am

Nah, three of those 4 guitars were shipped from Carvin to APOs in Korea and arrived just fine. They were all in-stock guitars, too. Carvin or I can get the insurance claim and order another one in case of theft. APOs are normal US addresses--the ones over here are for NY and every Post Office knows that.
---
However, I may be violating Rule A, so I'm going to stop while I'm ahead. No need to upset my favorite guitar company, especially since I'm already working out whether to get a BB or an Icon when I get back to reality.
---
Hmm :think: , maybe reading this thread can convince my little brother, after five years of begging, to finally send me the Black DC127 he's been keeping for me...

Bundy

Postby Bundy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:15 am

LindseyP, you can send the guitar to me and I will ship it directly to your APO address unopened. Serious. I can't see one of our servicemen overseas going without a Carvin he wants. Contact me via PM if you'd like to discuss it further.
~Bundy Reverbnation~
Carvin guitars!

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:03 am

I REALLY like this guy! I'll see what the customer service says first. Thanks Bro.

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:28 am

Yeah! My little brother remembered last week where he stashed my first Carvin! Now it's here, and still has the perfect neck!
It sucked all of the light from my flash. It was too hazy for a proper light reading outside, so I'll take some better shots tomorrow.
1995 DC127
Maple neck
Poplar body (that's right, last year it was available!)
M22T/M22N (that's 22 adjustable polepieces per humbucker)
15-inch fretboard radius
The most perfectly shaped, best feeling, tung-oiled neck known to man!
I tuned it down a step before packing it 4 or 5 years ago; unpacked it last night, tuned it back to standard today--it's as if I never let it go, Man. My old friend is home. :applause: :applause: :applause:

DeathMonkey
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby DeathMonkey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:32 am

Man, I love to see an old well worn friend like that :) Good luck getting that new Bolt!

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 am

Oops, I forgot to highlight the FT6 Bridge; my bad. 8)

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am

In perspective, ...
(Actually, I play with a pick, but this one responds nicely regardless of how you strum it.)

Satch_fan06

Postby Satch_fan06 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 pm

First, thanks for serving our country.

I love your Bolt. What's the pink sticker-like thing below the tone pot - did you remove a switch and cover the hole with it?

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:32 am

You've got a good eye!
No, that's a reminder of where I was when I got it. It's the 10th Mountain Division shoulder patch; they're headquartered in upstate New York -- where the record 110 inches of snow fell last month!
The patch is actually red, white and blue. The blue outline is shaped like a gunpowder keg; bayonets are crossed like the roman numeral for 10 (X) on a red background. Over the top is the word MOUNTAIN in an arc. At that size is does look like a piece of bubble gum, but that patch has been worn in more deployments in the past two decades than any other.
Not that I've been with them when they were called, mind you...

Bundy

Re: re: LindseyP's Carvin collection--so far!

Postby Bundy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 am

lindseyp wrote:Image

Lookit all those chevrons and rockers on you there.... Sarge! :mrgreen:

Check out this picture of yours truly as an E-4, playing paratrooper some 20+ years ago with my first Carvin V220T: LINK.

Very cool DC ya got there! 8) :coolpics:
~Bundy Reverbnation~
Carvin guitars!

pebro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: LindseyP's Carvin collection--so far!

Postby pebro » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Bundy wrote:
lindseyp wrote:Image

Lookit all those chevrons and rockers on you there.... Sarge! :mrgreen:

Check out this picture of yours truly as an E-4, playing paratrooper some 20+ years ago with my first Carvin V220T: LINK.

Very cool DC ya got there! 8) :coolpics:

Thank you both for your service. Safe home LindseyP. I once played bass and sang "Long Tall Sally" at a jam in a German Beer Hall, 1968, while an E-4 in the 42d Artillery Group HQ, Giessen, Germany. We were promptly shown the exit. But I learned a new riff, and drank some of the best beer in the world. Giessener Brauhaus. Cowbell me if you want, but you can't make this stuff up. :laughhard:

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 pm

But I learned a new riff, and drank some of the best beer in the world. Giessener Brauhaus. Cowbell me if you want, but you can't make this stuff up.

You're right, you can't make this stuff up. Everyone should get out and see how other people live in the world.
-
Bundy, I remember you posting that photo on the previous version of these pages. Those fatigues are definitely Apocolypse Now! Man, I just realized I've gone through four versions of this uniform since I joined, who am I kidding... You have a pm

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery