My First CT6M!!!

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

wpzad

My First CT6M!!!

Postby wpzad » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Here's a couple quick pics of my new CT6. My apologies for not cleaner her up and the poor quality of the photos but I've been playin most of the day and getting a good pic is so hard without enough natural light. I really just wanted to let everyone know how much I am impressed with this guitar. It plays so well. I can articulate better and the fretboard makes me approach my phrasing differently. I'm not sure why but I found myself doing some variations of scales in ways other than what I normally would. Theres a C22 in the bridge and a Holdsworth in the neck. Spent most of the time with the C22B. It screams, pinch harmonics are a breeze and it has a nice tight bottom. Why anyone (rock) would not like this pickup is beyond me. The C22 Holdsworth is darker and has a very original tone that I'll have to spend some time with but I do like it a lot. The tung oil neck is smooth, the tuners hold well and the pots are silky smooth with no noise when switching back and forth or splitting the coils. I took it to the local GC to get a stand, strap and some lemon oil and guys were just staring at it saying "Wow! It felt good to show them Carvins stuff first hand and let them know ordering from Carvin is well worth it. They gave me the VIP treatment. I'm sure they were talking about the guitar after I left. By the way I bought some Dr. Stringfellow LEM-OIL from GC. In the Carvin literature that came with the CT they mentioned Old English. Anybody see any issues with this stuff? Again thanks to all from the last BBS. Your input was right on and now I'm a proud owner of a Carvin CT6M that I absolutely love playing.

ImageImage :D :D 8)

Eric 666
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

re: My First CT6M!!!

Postby Eric 666 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:21 pm

OOOOOHHH...yet another beautiful quilt pattern :D :D

lindseyp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lindseyp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:31 am

Your guitar is backwards, but other than that it looks great :)
I'm really a bass player in my heart, because that's what makes the ladies get off their seats and move them. And, I love the ladies.

keniko

Postby keniko » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:55 am

I ordered a DC127C with Umber Stained Sunsetburst on a Quilt like your CT6. Nice guitar. I'm salivating. I can't wait. I'll be posting pics when I get her. I'm sooooo excited I could sh*t....OPPS ! ! ! ! To late...lol.....

IconBasser
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IconBasser » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:15 pm

looks fantastic!!! :mrgreen:
My is Scuba Viking

wpzad

Postby wpzad » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 pm

Thanks guys, I'm so happy with this guitar and the fact that I didn't have to pay any extra to have Carvin make it "backwards" :P for me was a nice bonus! keniko your DC127C should look great with that top. Just "take care of things" before you open up your case cause your gonna do it all over again :shock: :shock: :lol:

RFT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RFT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:24 am

Very nice quilt. Looks sort of familiar :)

wpzad

Postby wpzad » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:38 am

Almost... Your quilt has better balance and the sunburst seems to be less "obtrusive" at the edges which lets that original quilt just pop out. I guess that's why it's in the museum you lucky dog you. :wink: Actually we're both lucky dogs these CT's rock! :mrgreen:

keniko

Postby keniko » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:02 pm

I almost went with Blackburst edges on my DC127C. I was doing some digging on eBay and saw how Carvin sprays the back of the body and neck. This wasn't for me. In my opinion ....why cover up a quilted top? You want that to show all the way. If Carvin only smoked the edges and left the back and neck alone .....I think that would look better with other guitars. BTW.....Carvin's free DVD is awesome. Great interview with Vai and it really gives a look inside to the quility and customer service Carvin goes through. I highly reccomend this DVD.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery