Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

thomg62
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Postby thomg62 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

There have been a lot of threads about the Guitars in Stock that people are interested in. I figured we might as well have a single thread where we can say what models catch our eye! Who knows, maybe it could even help others find a model they like!

If I was in the market right now, I would definitely be all over this one

truedog
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Postby truedog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 pm

This one:

LeftyJay
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby LeftyJay » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Well, I did something similar not so long ago LINK. But your thread is more "open" than mine I guess :wink:

I'll play : If I stick with the actual lefty GIS section, that new DC125 is a real metal machine, but if I had to choose one, lefty or righty...

thomg62
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby thomg62 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm

I like the CT Truedog posted, it seems Carvin's been on a kick of making very understated ones. They look great.

Tsetse Fly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Tsetse Fly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:31 pm

I am usually not a fan of the neck showing through or the signature inlays, but there is just something special about this one. In fact I think this is such a breath taking guitar, I was complelled to finaly set up a profile and put up my FIRST post. :D

riff
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Postby riff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:46 pm

thomg62 wrote:There have been a lot of threads about the Guitars in Stock that people are interested in. I figured we might as well have a single thread where we can say what models catch our eye! Who knows, maybe it could even help others find a model they like!

Agreed, very nice.

Bob77
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Bob77 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:55 pm

riff wrote:
thomg62 wrote:There have been a lot of threads about the Guitars in Stock that people are interested in. I figured we might as well have a single thread where we can say what models catch our eye! Who knows, maybe it could even help others find a model they like!

Agreed, very nice.

Another example of how the black burst edge should ALWAYS be, IMO. Love it!!!!!

robertkoa
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby robertkoa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 am

riff wrote:

Agreed, very nice.

Also depending on when you get it - this thing could be under $ 1100.00 with the case- that a LOT of guitar for that much.

Not Sure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Not Sure » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 pm

robertkoa wrote:
riff wrote:

Agreed, very nice.

Also depending on when you get it - this thing could be under $ 1100.00 with the case- that a LOT of guitar for that much.

Most definitely! I like that especially with the black headstock and hardware.
Simple yet refined with its subtle note of mahogany and thin black burst finish htat compliment the f'board and black hardware.
Mmmm, indeed!

mikeymac
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mikeymac » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 am

This is a gorgeous lefty DC127 - but it should be; I think it's the most expensive one I've ever seen - over $1,700!!! It does have the "3-piece body" option ($150) - if you look closely, it looks like a layer of ebony in the middle on the edges:

Bundy
Location: N. Carolina Carvin Institute for the Musically Insane, V3 Ward

Postby Bundy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:43 am

My son has a Jasmine 3/4-size classical nylon string laying around here; mom bought it for $20 years ago because someone came into her store hard up for money and didn't know how to string it up. She called me on the phone about it and I told her to jump on the deal.

I play it all the time! I love the tone/sound of nylon strings and how easy they are to manuever. I keep it strung up with fresh strings, tune it to Eb, and even play slide on it a lot. My boy doesn't mess with it anymore because he's got a full-size steel string acoustic. This little nylon string has caused me to consider a full-size classical...

And then I saw this on the in-stock page. :shock: I was floored. It's almost as if this were created for me personally and is in waiting...

LeftyJay
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby LeftyJay » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

I play with the same basic classical for ages (17 years in fact). I wish I could afford one high-end classical, even if I'm not a pro regarding finger picking.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:33 am

Hmm...I wonder...this is listed as a C66, but it doesn't look like it has a visible binding edge. The Sacramento store had a C66 that had one with this same blackburst finish, that had the binding painted over...wonder if it's the same one...it also has the old neck plate...

Link: http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in ... rial=93205

mikeymac
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mikeymac » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:54 am

Spud - that's pretty sweet - I like that without the binding and blending into the back and sides...yummy!

Timotheedle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Postby Timotheedle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 am

Bundy wrote:My son has a Jasmine 3/4-size classical nylon string laying around here; mom bought it for $20 years ago because someone came into her store hard up for money and didn't know how to string it up. She called me on the phone about it and I told her to jump on the deal.

I play it all the time! I love the tone/sound of nylon strings and how easy they are to manuever. I keep it strung up with fresh strings, tune it to Eb, and even play slide on it a lot. My boy doesn't mess with it anymore because he's got a full-size steel string acoustic. This little nylon string has caused me to consider a full-size classical...

And then I saw this on the in-stock page. :shock: I was floored. It's almost as if this were created for me personally and is in waiting...

darth vader is in the quilt!!!! :shock: :shock:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:39 am

Ha! What has been seen...

nascarbean_97
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby nascarbean_97 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:54 am

I am surprised this is still there...

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Wow...look at the figuiring in the wood on the maple neck!

Link: http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in ... ial=111604

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: Unofficial Official GIS Thread

Postby potatohead » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Tsetse Fly wrote:I am usually not a fan of the neck showing through or the signature inlays, but there is just something special about this one. In fact I think this is such a breath taking guitar, I was complelled to finaly set up a profile and put up my FIRST post. :D

The Ultra V is such a well thought out guitar, but man is it ugly (referring to general shape, not so much this one in particular).

nascarbean_97
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby nascarbean_97 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:15 am

:shock:

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery