Round XXXI: "Fretboardiana Jones and the Radius of the Lost Ark'"
Inspired by a thread from a few years ago by mgood, we are designing a guitar, step by step, by votes from the BBS! When we get to the final round, Evster has agreed to do a Photoshop mock-up of the instrument, and We've reached enough funds to be able to buy the guitar to actually see it REALLY built, AND with enough left over to give a healthy chunk as a donation directly to Jason Becker, for his daily care!! Link to the raffle is below. Deadline to buy entries is less than 3 days (details in the raffle thread, linked below)!!
In this round, we are voting on the fret board radius
For those who have been following along...it's official: We've made it through every aesthetic option for this guitar, and the only ones remaining are just for the sake of research, to see which options are the most popular among carvinbbs.com members and can be changed by the winner of the raffle.
Behold! The Final Design:
Photoshop courtesy of our very own Evster! Thanks, dude!!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Don't forget to enter the raffle to win this beauty!!!
LINK: "Members' Pick Raffle to win this beast, with proceeds going directly to Jason Becker!". Raffle is closing in less than 1 week! Checks must be received by 7/20/14!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Carvin is not liable for any sort of problems, miscommunications, wrongdoings, legal actions, etc. that may come as a result of the raffle or anything related to it. These polls and the subsequent raffle are run by members of the forum and not by the company. The only involvement the company will or ever have is building the instrument in question and nothing more. Any participation from Carvin employees is purely by their own accord and not on the behalf of the company. Thank you.
The remaining polls:
- Neck Thickness
LINK: Part I: Solid Body or Hollow Body?
- Winner: Solid Body Guitar
LINK: Part II: Neck-Attachment Method
- Winner: Neck Through
LINK: Part III: Single Cut vs Classic DC vs Modern DC vs JB/ST vs Pointies
- Winner: Single Cuts
LINK: Part IV: Single Cut Showdown
- Winner: SCB6
LINK: Part V: I Want Your Body (Woods)
- Winner: Black Limba/Korina body wings
LINK: Part VI: Nothing "tops" a Carvin!
- Winner: Burled Maple top
LINK: Part VII: Finish him!
- Winner: Translucent finish, with Gloss
LINK: Part VIII: True Colors
- Winner: Orangeburst (with special 3-piece body upgrade from Jeff Kiesel)
LINK: Part IX: Baby got back!
- Winner: Clear back and sides, with painted top AND bevel
LINK: Part X: Falling to (Neck) Pieces
- Winner: 5-Piece Neck
LINK: Part XI: "Come down to my neck of the woods"
- Winner: Black Limba with White Limba stripes
LINK: Part XII: "Don't Fret, My Dear"
- Winner: Birdseye Maple Fretboard (Raffle winner will get the choice to let Jeff Kiesel perform/provide a special "mystery" fretboard upgrade!)
LINK: Part XIII: "V.I.P. (Vote Inlay, Please!)"
- Winner: No Inlays
LINK: Part XIV: "Head-strong, and stock-sure!"
- Winner: 3+3 Pointed Headstock, Standard orientation
LINK: Part XV: [Insert clever title here]
- Winner: Burled Maple Headstock Overlay
LINK: Part XVI: "Color Me Headd(stock)"
- Winner: Orangeburst with Glossy clearcoat headstock
LINK: Part XVII: "L'eggo my Logo"
- Winner: Gold Logo
LINK: Part XVIII: "Hardware? Hardthere."
- Winner: Black hardware
LINK: Part XIX: "To be(zel), or not to be(zel)."
- Winner: Direct-mount Pickups
LINK: Part XX: "Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Pickups"
- Winner: Black pick-up bobbins
LINK: Part XXI: "Oh, nuts!"
- Winner: Black nut
LINK: Part XXII: "Cover me: I'm goin' in(to the truss rod neck cavity)!"
- Winner: Black truss rod cover
LINK: Part XXIII: "I've got it under control!"
- Winner: Standard controls (2 Knobs, 3-way switch)
LINK: Part XXIV: "The Knobbit: An Unexpected Turn-y"
- Winner: Standard Control Knobs
LINK: Part XXV: "You can fish for tuna, but you can't tuner...wait...that isn't right..."
- Winner: Standard Black-Plated Metal Knobs
LINK: Part XXVI: "Nicholas Cage and John Travolta in: 'Phase/Off'"
- Winner: Include Phase Switch
LINK: Part XXVII: "Let's cross that bridge when we get to it."
- Winner: 3-Way Tie (TOM String-Through, Hipshot, Floyd Rose)
LINK: Part XXVIII: "The Bridge On The River (3-way) Tie"
- Winner: String-Through Tune-O-Matic Bridge
LINK: Part XXIX: "Did you hear about the giraffe race? I heard it was a...*ahem*...neck and neck finish."
- Winner: Tung Oil-Finished Neck
LINK: Part XXX: "HBO's 'The (Fret) Wire.'"
- Winner: Medium Jumbo - Stainless Steel Frets (.048"H x .103"W)