spudmunkey wrote:Drives me nuts when people do this. It's like someone saying, "I don't wanna play anymore. I'm leaving, and I'm taking the ball with me," except in this case the ball is just pictures and comments that could have helped future generations. All one needs to do is update the thread with a post if you have some new info.
I'll bite here, you want to know why I pulled my pics and post ? Because i'm not happy with Kiesel Guitars.
Here is why -
I feel like an expendable every time I call to order or ask a question. Jeff you say call your guys, but I have to tell you your guys don't always want to be called, seems like a bother to them asking specifics on a $2500 + guitar build. I have ordered 6 guitars from Kiesel / Carvin guitars since 2009 and feel like I have been treated like this every time. I respect and understand that you guys are busy, and that there are a ton of details but when you don't always have clear pictures or descriptions of options available on the site how else are you supposed to know if something will work correctly?
Further - I had seen a picture of my guitar completed on the kiesel facebook page, and waited a couple days and then decided to call to why it had not shipped yet. Whoever answered my call was extremely rude and short with me. They told me NO , I CANNOT CHECK! and even when I tried to explain I saw the picture that it was completed days ago, cut me off again, extremely rude.
Issues with my guitar order -
1) They made a mistake and painted the back of my guitar gloss, it was supposed to be natural. I took a minute and decided that I would accept the guitar that way, if they could next day me the guitar and throw in some strap locks. While I appreciate that they did this, I still was not thrilled that this happened on such an expensive guitar order.
2) When i opened the guitar the bridge pickup was slammed against the strings and missing the screws into the body on one side. Also the input jack nut was very loose and pretty much ready to fall off. Luckily I am handy and familiar with guitar repairs and was able to get it back in. When I mentioned this to my rep, I got ZERO response.
3) I asked about if it would be possible to do a 3 way blade switch instead of 5 way. Again I got zero response. BUT, kiesel did install a 3 way switch and a push pull tone pot (which i did not ask for) and up charged me without mentioning anything to me about it. When I inquired about this, again, NO RESPONSE. No contact made saying yes we can do this it will be $xx amount extra.
4) When I attempted to switch out to my normal string gauge set which consists of a 54 gauge low E string (I tune my guitars a half step down to Eb, so technically the low D# or Eb string) I had a heck of a time getting that string through the locking tuner. In fact , I could not get it through the tuner at all, I had to tighten the nut down on the tuner a bit but didn't want to over tighten and finally got it through, but it literally took me about 20 minutes to do it which if I break a string on stage on a gig is not practical. When I inquired about this , I was told to speak to Albert. When I did speak to him he was like " Oh wow, yea it sounds like the zebrawood overlay on the headstock may be to thick, you may have to send the guitar back. I never got any follow up on this. I have since tightened the nuts on the tuners so the string goes through better now but it is still very tight, and I fear going much tighter could crack the wood.
5) I selected the IKD inlay option - and used this guitar in the link below as a reference of what mine would look like. When I got my guitar it was not like this - http://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/K053 - apparently this guitar is listed incorrectly and those are staggered inlays, How was I to know when the guitar in the link above is listed this way? again no response...
6) I was never told I could not return the guitar.... It was just added to the bottom of my invoice after I had ordered it. That's not cool...
So there you go, Kiesel you make some really nice stuff, but the above are my issues I had and It has left a sour taste in my mouth and a real question if I would ever order anything else from your company in the future. I'm not famous, but I am not a bedroom player or guitar snob either, I have toured my carvins / kiesels in over 25 countries professionally , and have used them to record 5 records among other things.