NGD - White RTF Aries w/Ziricote FB UPDATED W/PICS EMBEDDED

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: NGD - White RTF Aries w/Ziricote FB UPDATED W/PICS EMBEDDED

Postby Treadplatedual » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:24 am

So, I read the headline for the post and thought "What's everyone love about RTF? Is it that great to have a no-return finish so you can see a few grain lines?"

Then I saw your guitar.

Then I ate my own words...what a beautiful Aries! It's so good, and specced so well, and the RTF is perfect on it. Well done sir!
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

DesmoBob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DesmoBob » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm

That is very hot, my man! And the fudge swirl ziricote looks so good I wanna eat it!

Bovine
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Bovine » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:17 am

Treadplatedual wrote:So, I read the headline for the post and thought "What's everyone love about RTF? Is it that great to have a no-return finish so you can see a few grain lines?"

Then I saw your guitar.

Then I ate my own words...what a beautiful Aries! It's so good, and specced so well, and the RTF is perfect on it. Well done sir!

Wow man thanks so much Tread! To your point, I have seen some done with very little grain showing in the first place and thus not much benefit once the RTF is applied. So in that respect this build wouldn't have turned out so well if it hadn't been given great woods in the first place. But they also did an extremely nice job matching the top wood to the body! If you're thinking about getting a RTF and are on the fence about it, I would recommend getting one on a model with a lot of beveling because that will create more opportunities for the ash grain to do its thing!

White RTF Aries 13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On Facebook.com/FoolsErrandRockBand Lyrics & Samples at: FoolsErrandRockBand.com

"Meaty enough for the mind, soothing enough for the soul"

Spiritus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Spiritus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Yeah, in looking at that guitar again, I can't imagine myself envisioning such an incredible build. It's got to be an all-time Carvin/Kiesel classic, if but for its simplicity in elegance. One thing in particular I noted in looking at the pics again is that you opted for standard chrome hardware. For a White/White finish, I would likely be thinking Black; but that wouldn't have worked on that build, if due simply to the raw tone finish. Standard chrome was definitely the way to go, the chrome tuners nicely complementing the silver drop shadow logo and vice versa. How'd you know to do that? Are you also a painter, a sculptor, or what?

Bovine
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Bovine » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 am

Ziricote Backplate TriSet.jpg
Spiritus wrote:Yeah, in looking at that guitar again, I can't imagine myself envisioning such an incredible build. It's got to be an all-time Carvin/Kiesel classic, if but for its simplicity in elegance. One thing in particular I noted in looking at the pics again is that you opted for standard chrome hardware. For a White/White finish, I would likely be thinking Black; but that wouldn't have worked on that build, if due simply to the raw tone finish. Standard chrome was definitely the way to go, the chrome tuners nicely complementing the silver drop shadow logo and vice versa. How'd you know to do that? Are you also a painter, a sculptor, or what?

Lol not at all brother I'm just another lifetime Kieselite that has been doing this long enough to know what I like :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the kind words about the Aries, man. For what it's worth I am expecting these backplates any day now too to finally put the cherry on the icing on the cake :stir:

EDIT: Backplates are now IN so this thread is now continued at: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50579
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On Facebook.com/FoolsErrandRockBand Lyrics & Samples at: FoolsErrandRockBand.com

"Meaty enough for the mind, soothing enough for the soul"

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery