NGD - Vader VM8 - Walnut body, 5 piece walnut neck w/ 2 maple stripes, ebony fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

carperbr

NGD - Vader VM8 - Walnut body, 5 piece walnut neck w/ 2 maple stripes, ebony fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets

Postby carperbr » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:13 am

Hey guys! First post here as well as new guitar day!

Unbelievably excited, got my vader vm8 today / yesterday and took PTO to spend time with it; it was built and delievered incredibly fast. I have been reading so many good things about Kiesel guitars, and of course watched many videos about them, but I wasn't prepared for this.

This thing has completely blown me away and has exceeded by far any expectations I had. I absolutely love the sound the walnut brings to the guitar, the multiscale design has been way more amazing than I was expecting in terms of comfort and string tension (and took nearly no time at all to get used to), the clear satin matte finish looks amazing with the walnut, and the jumbo stainless steel frets are wonderful. It's ridiculous how good this thing looks and how amazingly it plays; I can't put it down for very long at all. The case it comes with is also very nice.

Really, the only "downside" to this guitar is that I already want to order another Kiesel; can't imagine its too much longer until I order a KVM8 or CL8 :D

Specs:
CS - Satin Matte Finish
WAL - Maple Neck & Walnut Body
5WM - 5-Piece Walnut Neck w/ 2 Maple Stripes
-GNB - Clear Gloss Finish Back Of Neck (Standard)
-EF - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)
ISOD - Offset Dot Inlays (Staggered)
IMP - White Pearl Inlay Material
STJF - Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W
-R20 - 20in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
-BC - Black Hardware (Standard)
-K16B - Kiesel K16B Direct-Mount Passive Bridge Pickup (Standard)
-K16N - Kiesel K16N Direct-Mount Passive Neck Pickup (Standard)
-400 - Black Pickups (Standard)
PPB - Kiesel Lithium Black Pickup Poles
BL - Black Logo
-009 - Elixir 942E Super Light Gauge Strings (Standard)
SL - Dunlop Straplocks
SC9 - Black Ultimate Soft Guitar Case

These pictures aren't the greatest due to my phone. Thank you so much for this amazing guitar, I wouldn't go anywhere else for one now.

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: NGD - Vader VM8 - Walnut body, 5 piece walnut neck w/ 2 maple stripes, ebony fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets

Postby gumbynotpokey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 am

A former regular on the BBS, Mooseboy, used to say, "If I had a nickel for every time I heard that about a Carvin....."

Welcome, congrats, cool post, and sweet axe!
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: NGD - Vader VM8 - Walnut body, 5 piece walnut neck w/ 2 maple stripes, ebony fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets

Postby skully13a » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:13 am

Really nice VM8 8) Love that walnut, eh? :applause: :applause:
SH645
V440T
Purple Bolt!
DC127 Koa
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 am

What a beast! I love the all-satin, walnut and black look.

DesmoBob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DesmoBob » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 pm

A natural Cali burst! The walnut seems to "melt" into the maple, giving it a natural burst effect. Beautiful, congrats!

carperbr

Postby carperbr » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:51 pm

gumbynotpokey wrote:A former regular on the BBS, Mooseboy, used to say, "If I had a nickel for every time I heard that about a Carvin....."

Welcome, congrats, cool post, and sweet axe!

Haha I knew they would be good but you always hear so much about various guitars. This stuff is just incredible though, honestly have no desire of looking elsewhere for a guitar now.

skully13a wrote:Really nice VM8 8) Love that walnut, eh? :applause: :applause:

Man idk what it is about it, I just love it so much. I love the grain of walnut and the darkness to it, just makes for a really nice look in my opinion.

ilyti wrote:What a beast! I love the all-satin, walnut and black look.

I've just been getting more and more excited about this guitar since I received it haha. I love this thing so much - finally tested the pickups as part of a little mix via a DI box and oh man I love this guitar so much more now. Crazy to think that all Kiesel's are like this...

DesmoBob wrote:A natural Cali burst! The walnut seems to "melt" into the maple, giving it a natural burst effect. Beautiful, congrats!

I really love that aspect of it! There is like a portion of the grain in the body that expands at that area and makes it blend into the maple due to being lighter. I especially love the contrast that it causes with the center strip of walnut which is some of the darkest on the body (well... probably an illusion due to the gradual lightening before it kinda like that shadow on the checkerboard illusion). They obviously put real thought into what cuts of wood they use, that much is very obvious haha. So impressed with this company. It's already getting very hard to not order a KVM8...

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery