My New JB200C

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

My New JB200C

Postby slayer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm

I`ve had this a little while but have been busy. I love this guitar beyond what I can write.

Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

TL60 Dude
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: My New JB200C

Postby TL60 Dude » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

KILLER BRO!
2015 SCB6M WW, BC, 404, PSN, SL
2013 Bolt Plus Ash1, TR, RW, S22s,
2007 TL60 133, B, MP, TN
2004 TL60t FTS, BB, 127, AB, TN, MAH, FPH, 402
MTS 3212 BR12's
Vintage 16 Celestion V30

TL60 Dude
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby TL60 Dude » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 pm

KILLER BRO!
2015 SCB6M WW, BC, 404, PSN, SL

2013 Bolt Plus Ash1, TR, RW, S22s,

2007 TL60 133, B, MP, TN

2004 TL60t FTS, BB, 127, AB, TN, MAH, FPH, 402

MTS 3212 BR12's

Vintage 16 Celestion V30

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks man!!

EL_SUPER_BEASTO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby EL_SUPER_BEASTO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:25 am

Whoa, pretty sweet! Welcome to the JB club, I'm thinking about getting a single pup JB207 in Surf Green soon, they are addictive.

Did you not go for a trans top because of a bookmatching seam? I'm planning on a solid colour top for this reason with a single pickup build.
JB207C

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

Congrats! Such a cool color! I'd LOVE a Bolt ot GH3 in this color, with a black pickguard! :D

EL_SUPER_BEASTO wrote:Did you not go for a trans top because of a bookmatching seam? I'm planning on a solid colour top for this reason with a single pickup build.

Note that since they retired the JB200SC, they likely will still charge you (and will still use) and flamed top under your solid paint and would likely void the 10-day trial period (but still retain the mfgr warranty). The JB100 took the place of this model in the line-up, and is available with solid colors.

Alternatively, if the book-match seam bothers you, instead of down-grading to a solid paint, you could always upgrade to a one-piece top! :stir:

EL_SUPER_BEASTO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby EL_SUPER_BEASTO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Mclaren Yellow always works well with black hardware in my opinion.

I thought about the one piece top, but I kinda just want a solid colour guitar for keeping out that doesn't distract me :shock: . They might not even do it for me because I want an EMG 707 in only the bridge, but we'll see. If they can't do EMGs at all then it'd be a total bust on that build. I've looked around and pretty much loathe all the single pickup trem 7's I can find, when I can even find one with a real Floyd. I'd have puppies if I could get a JB with a single EMG. We'll see.
JB207C

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm

A couple things, which you may already know:

- They seem pretty protective when it comes to custom modifications to some signature models. This seems to be based on how the artist themselves want their instrument to be available. The JB models in particular. The JB200C used to be available in just about any standard wood and finish, but now anything that isn't a "bluey" is not-returnable. But, like anything else off-the-menu, we may see hundreds of "no" to requests for a specific option for years, and then suddenly an example pops up on Facebook. As always, "CMG!" ("Call my guys!")

- I only point this out because you said "real Floyd Rose". The Floyd on the 7-string guitars is still a Floyd Rose (not a licensed unit), and while it does seem to be a very high quality unit, know that it's a Original 1000 (although, visiting FR's website, it seems like they might be re-shuffling their product names around, as I don't see the model listed anymore). It's supposed to be made with the same materials and design as the OFR, made by FR in Korea. Carvin back-in-the-day used to use a licensed FR (you can still buy them in the parts section on clearance), so the guitars were designed around the string spacing that's slightly different than a OFR, which is the Original 1000's string spacing. Again, complaints on the Original 100 are few and far between. Even Carvin's old licensed model didn't really have many complaints. A couple folks even "upgraded" to an OFR and said it wasn't much of an improvement and wasn't necessarily worth the effort/cost.

EL_SUPER_BEASTO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby EL_SUPER_BEASTO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:04 pm

All good food for thought that I appreciate a lot. The JB I think they like to upgrade, but they won't really reconfigure it or even go too overboard otherwise. It's a pretty hot guitar and Jason's influence is so broad that it's hard to set one up tastelessly regardless of your own flavour. I want to ask still, but combined with the technicality of making what would possibly be custom routes, my hopes are low.

My fall back is seeing if they would be cool with doing a SSS pup JB7, and get one of their regular models into a tasteless single active pup abomination instead. I'm not too worried about returnability or option 50 otherwise, I know some people are, but I have an option 50 currently and am genuinely beyond satisfied with it.

I didn't know the Floyd they use is an "Original 1000" design, I checked it against Floyd's site for the Original 7/Special 7/Pro 7— and I had just figured it was the "original Floyd Rose". Keep in mind it's the 7 string version on my own, but now I have to double check to make sure I order compatible upgrades in any case (if Floyd ever restocks :roll: ).
JB207C

EL_SUPER_BEASTO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby EL_SUPER_BEASTO » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 am

I just checked and the JB207C trem is indeed the "Original 7-String Tremolo System" on the FR website.
JB207C

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 am

slayer wrote:Image

Dude. 1985 called, and wants it's guitar back.

:mrgreen:

That is an absolutely killer shred machine. Love McLaren Yellow, someday want to get it on a CS3. Congratulations!

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks fellas!! In 1985 I was 16 so I am all for going back! As for how much Kiesel will do on a JB200C. I was told pretty much anything but you will pay pretty much the base price or more regardless if you get the flame top or not. Chris Hong was awesome to deal with. Give him a call. He basically worked mine up to where the price came out to the price of a Bluey. The JB100 is different, the body is differently shaped slightly and 25.5 scale. I don`t care for that one. They should just let you build a JB200 anyway you like and charge something a little more to give to Jason. They said they could still make me a DC15C with the "ST" body but I had to get Kiesel on the headstock-I passed. Have to have the large Carvin logo on my pointy headstocks.

As for the solid color choice. That was my intention based on the era I grew up in and the color I really like. Don`t get me wrong, I like trans colors as well, but with this one I wanted it to scream Metal!! My next one would probably be trans black limba with all tung oil neck and body or something with British Racing Green. If they made an Ultra V with the wings reversed that`s what I would get the green on. If they will do a DC125C with the Carvin logo on it, that will be my choice as well.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery