NGD: DC700H

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Antag

NGD: DC700H

Postby Antag » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 am

My new DC7X arrived on Wednesday (OK, DC700 with option 270, I still think of it as DC7X). It took 10w5d from ordering to shipping. Considering that the timespan covered Christmas & NAMM preparation, I think that's very good.

Specs:
Ash, CS, Trans Wine Red, AAT, 5MW, 270, 7PHR, APH, FMF, IDIA, IAB, STJF, R14, 50 (Tone delete/vol-to-tone), BC, WL, SL

This is my 6th DC7X, and the specs are the same as my 5th except for the fretboard: FMF instead of BMF (I couldn't quite bring myself to order two absolutely identical guitars :)) Why? Well, #5 was aesthetically my favourite and sounds great. I love all my DC7Xs (it's my perfect guitar), but the look & sound on #5 were so perfect that I haven't been able to put it down since I got it last June, so ordering a similar guitar seemed the obvious thing to do.

Compared to #5, the ash on #6 isn't quite as striking, but the flame maple fretboard is amazingly beautiful - well worth the extra $100. While I ordered both guitars with the same tone delete/vol-to-tone option, on #6 it's about ½" forward compared to #5 (as long as it's out of the way, I don't mind). The finish on #6 it subtly different, not the colour, but the topcoat. I seem to remember Jeff on a recent video saying they'd changed their satin finish, perhaps it's that. It seems ever so slightly opaque and to reflect more light. I found it very hard to photograph (as you will see below). Either way, I love it every bit as much as #5. If I were good enough & famous enough to have a signature model, this would be it :)

I attempted to take some pics of #5 & #6 together:
Body:
DC7X_6b.jpg

Fretboard:
DC7X_6fba.jpg

#5 (right) & #6 (left) together:
DC7X_56d.jpg
DC7X_56a.jpg
DC7X_56e.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DWG
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NGD: DC700H

Postby DWG » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:47 am

Very nice! I totally appreciate when someone digs something so much they have more than one of them.
And I would say that "is" your signature model. Have fun!

DWG

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:09 pm

I loved the first one of these. Never imagined I'd see another! The ash and that color is a winning combo. Do you have them in different tunings?

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby skully13a » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 pm

DWG wrote:Very nice! I totally appreciate when someone digs something so much they have more than one of them.
And I would say that "is" your signature model. Have fun!

DWG

Indeed. Nicely done, again. :applause: :applause:
SH645
V440T
Purple Bolt!
DC127 Koa
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery