Guitars-in-Stock Archive Tip

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

DWG
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guitars-in-Stock Archive Tip

Postby DWG » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 am

Hey Guys,

I like to use the Guitars-in-Stock Archive section to look for build ideas. http://gisarchive.kieselguitars.com

The problem is that that there is no spec data to go with the photos. Here's a tip for you.

Note the thumbnail file names. Example: 137344b.jpg

Now use the actual guitars-in-stock URL and plug-in the number. (less the "b.jpg" part)

https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/137344

Now you can see all the specs and pricing. Of course, you can't buy a guitar that is sold, but you can build a new one.

I hope that is helpful.

DWG

DesmoBob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Guitars-in-Stock Archive Tip

Postby DesmoBob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am

:woot: Great tip! How the heck did you figure this out?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

It's been around for a while, but I think a bunch of folks stumble across it on their own once they notice the number in the URL looks like a serial number. :)

Here's RockCrue describing the process in a post from 5 years ago in the AIS Archive thread:
viewtopic.php?p=433804#p433804

It used to work better, but for the newer builds, it looks like it only works for guitars that were actually GIS, and not just photographed for the archive (which actually seemed to be the case for a while).

ThaTroll

Postby ThaTroll » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't forget that you can also go to the Guitar Gallery (https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitargallery/), which allows you to sort by model, finish, wood type, etc. The photos in the gallery have the specs written underneath. Also, I just confirmed that the photo's filename in the Guitar Gallery contains the serial number, so you can use the same trick with the Guitars-in-Stock URL if you need more detail.

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

Cool little trick I'd never thought of trying. I managed to find my old purple C66T's original price and page, which is cool (also was inaccurate, as it claimed TBH60 but came with AP11).

I may have also found my first right-handed Carvin. Originally it came with AP11s and C22T, but I swapped them to S60T, TBH60, and an early Railhammer Anvil, plus the Hipshot Contour and tuners (had a failure of a Sperzel). It was my main guitar for 7 years. I always found some of the grain striking, especially the little sideways mark in the neck, behind the vibrato. The GIS picture has much, much heavier contrast (beyond how it looks in real life, too), but the wood grain mark in the neck section is very visible, and distinct. What say you?

I never memorized the serial number, so went on a blind search. I can confirm it later, if I have time.

Also, the GIS picture won't link to form an image in the thread (and I fail at basic internet lingo in general), but included one I took in 2015.

GIS picture:
http://gisarchive.kieselguitars.com/ind ... EyMzkyNmE3

Newer picture:

Same guitar?
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

UnexplodedCow wrote:Cool little trick I'd never thought of trying. I managed to find my old purple C66T's original price and page, which is cool (also was inaccurate, as it claimed TBH60 but came with AP11).

I may have also found my first right-handed Carvin. Originally it came with AP11s and C22T, but I swapped them to S60T, TBH60, and an early Railhammer Anvil, plus the Hipshot Contour and tuners (had a failure of a Sperzel). It was my main guitar for 7 years. I always found some of the grain striking, especially the little sideways mark in the neck, behind the vibrato. The GIS picture has much, much heavier contrast (beyond how it looks in real life, too), but the wood grain mark in the neck section is very visible, and distinct. What say you?

I never memorized the serial number, so went on a blind search. I can confirm it later, if I have time.

Also, the GIS picture won't link to form an image in the thread (and I fail at basic internet lingo in general), but included one I took in 2015.

GIS picture:
http://gisarchive.kieselguitars.com/ind ... EyMzkyNmE3

Newer picture:

Same guitar?

Same guitar. The grain on the neck through is a dead giveaway :)

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm

I was just able to check the serial on the guitar: yup, that's mine.

The downside is that those early 00s ones listed don't pull up a spec sheet or price, but it was at least cool to find it.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery