NGD: KVM6 (Vanquish Multiscale 6)

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

thesleeve
Gold Member
Gold Member

NGD: KVM6 (Vanquish Multiscale 6)

Postby thesleeve » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Woohoo! I'm a long-time Carvin owner, but my very first Kiesel arrived today. Super happy. The guitar plays really nice. I'm going to have to tweak the bridge a bit to get the intonation just right, but the out-of-the box setup was great as far as neck relief and action are concerned. The Lithiums are a bit bright, and without a tone knob on this model, I guess that means I'll have to adjust accordingly on the amp... but it feels great to play! Overall, I'm really happy.

Here are the specs:
KVM6 - Vanquish Bevel-Top Bolt Neck Multiscale Guitar
Right Handed
TF - Tung-Oiled Satin Neck & Body
MA - Maple Neck/Alder Body (Standard)
MPH - Satin Maple Headstock (Standard)
624 - 2 X 4 Headstock
EF - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)
ISOD - Offset Dot Inlays (Staggered)
IMP - White Pearl Inlay Material
STF - Stainless Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W (Standard)
R20 - 20in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
BC - Black Hardware
KLB - Kiesel Lithium Passive Bridge Pickup
KLN - Kiesel Lithium Passive Neck Pickup
400 - Black Pickup Coils (Standard)
PPC - Kiesel Lithium/Beryllium Silver Pickup Poles (Standard)
BL - Black Logo
009 - Elixir 942E Super Light Gauge Strings (Standard)
SL - Dunlop Straplocks
SC10 - Black Ultimate Soft Guitar Case

There was only one mistake on the guitar. I ordered Black Logo but it looks like I got a Chrome Logo. I confirmed that it was correct on the invoice included in the box, but wrong on the guitar. Kind of a bummer, but I guess it could be worse.

Annnnnnnnnd... Pictures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
| SH445 | DC127 | TLB60 | Bolt | V59K |
I am an effects pedal design engineer at Source Audio
https://www.youtube.com/user/bgildersleeve

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: NGD: KVM6 (Vanquish Multiscale 6)

Postby Greg Emm » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 pm

That's yours?!! Fell in love with it the second it showed up on social media feeds. So classic ... thanks for posting the specs and pictures. It's a lovely guitar. I bet we see more builds like this one--beautifully basic.

Enjoy!

EDIT: All tung oiled guitars come with the chrome logo. I don't think any other type is available. That point could be clearly documented somewhere. I've only heard it mentioned in Kiesel videos.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Greg Emm wrote:EDIT: All tung oiled guitars come with the chrome logo. I don't think any other type is available. That point could be clearly documented somewhere. I've only heard it mentioned in Kiesel videos.

I think they need to make clear which option supercedes what.

Perhaps things have changed, but it used to be that no matter what finish you'd select for the rest of the guitar, the headstock would get a coat of satin finish to seal in the logo*. That's why maple headstocks never looked the same color as the tung oiled maple on the fretboard. That's why you could never get an all-tung-oiled Vader (because you can't spray clear just over the logo on an otherwise all-tung-oiled guitar). Until they came out with this new chrome logo, that is.

So the question is: if you select a tung oil neck, does it now assume you want the headstock front to also be tung oil, and then they just default to the chrome logo? Or, is it still like the old days where if you selected a tung oil finish, that they still are supposed to use the logo you want, but then shoot the face of the headstock with clear satin.

*except MAYBE the old-style gold Carvin logo, which was made differently than the current Kiesel gold logo.

thesleeve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby thesleeve » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Cool, thanks for the insight... that makes total sense! The chrome logo actually looks really nice anyway, so I'm totally fine with it.

Rolling off the treble on the amp has helped tame the Lithiums a bit. Just played for a solid two hours and this thing feels really great. It took no time at all to adjust to the multiscale.
:woot:
| SH445 | DC127 | TLB60 | Bolt | V59K |

I am an effects pedal design engineer at Source Audio

https://www.youtube.com/user/bgildersleeve

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Treadplatedual » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:04 am

That's a wonderful guitar - so much class, without the over-the top flash, is refreshing! (Not that over the top flash isn't called for, I just like natural wood colors a lot too :D)
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery