Updates from 1/9 live stream: total sales, new t-shirt, binding on Solo

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Updates from 1/9 live stream: total sales, new t-shirt, binding on Solo

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:00 pm

4054 instruments sold in 2018
$7.5 million in sales
Average sale: $1850-1900-ish

When combined with Carvin Audio, it was around 5 million total for both branches, for 10-15 years. The first year after the split, kiesel alone broke $6m.

Total limit target is $9m. Beyond that is undesirable size.

PB bass is now Kiesel-branded, and has the sloped neck heel. This means there are two remaining models still badged as Carvin: Classic Bolt, and JB200C.

K series went up $400, but it now comes standard with "Master grade" tops.

February 1st is the 5th anniversary of the Kiesel split/rebrand.

New t-shirt: basically, the exact look of the hoodie, but in T-shirt form. "Next Level" brand, same as the hoodie (so I imagine they also run small...S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)

Body binding available on the Solo. All options are ok, but it has to have a top. I'm not exactly sure how they differ, but the CNC program for the solo is different for a model with a top than for one without. And so far, they have only programmed in the Binding option for a body with a top. It is the same multilayer binding that they have offered for years, which I believe is an outside layer of the plastic red tortoiseshell, a middle white layer, and an inner black Layer. You do have to give up the forearm contour though that that that the top just will be flat, just as it was when they offered the binding on the tl60 and sc90.

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Updates from 1/9 live stream: total sales, new t-shirt, binding on Solo

Postby amispy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks for the updates Spud. I appreciate the quick summary. Much easier to read your high level post than to listen to 90 min of Jeff. lol
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am

Jeff has mentioned Solo binding in the live feed a couple times last year. I'm the one who took him up on it. His trial body worked so it's tme to start mine.
Last edited by dejabluguitar on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:46 am

spudmunkey wrote:4054 instruments sold in 2018
$7.5 million in sales
Average sale: $1850-1900-ish

When combined with Carvin Audio, it was around 5 million total for both branches, for 10-15 years. The first year after the split, kiesel alone broke $6m.

That is fantastic news!

When Mark and Jeff split off I was concerned that they might only be able to last a couple of years. Wonderful to see them thriving!
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Plus Jeff also mentioned that he intended to have the ashtray bridge for Solo6 ready for NAMM but got behind.Says he's using Wilkinson(vintage or modern? we don't know yet) So that should come soon. Will he design his own pickup for this bridge or outsource one? I hope he takes it a couple steps further and does a semihollow thinline version of the Solo. I wouldn't mind a P-90 added to the equation either.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Greg Emm » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm

In addition, Jeff mentioned that Kiesel Guitars agreed to a 5-year non-compete clause with Carvin Audio when they split. That agreement expires after this year, thus opening the door to Kiesel-branded audio equipment. Jeff did claim that a Kiesel pedal is more likely than a Kiesel amp in light of this scenario.

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Greg Emm wrote:In addition, Jeff mentioned that Kiesel Guitars agreed to a 5-year non-compete clause with Carvin Audio when they split. That agreement expires after this year, thus opening the door to Kiesel-branded audio equipment. Jeff did claim that a Kiesel pedal is more likely than a Kiesel amp in light of this scenario.

huh, that's pretty interesting. I wonder if they would contract out a pedal or if they have some people in-house, who can make them.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Toptube wrote:
Greg Emm wrote:In addition, Jeff mentioned that Kiesel Guitars agreed to a 5-year non-compete clause with Carvin Audio when they split. That agreement expires after this year, thus opening the door to Kiesel-branded audio equipment. Jeff did claim that a Kiesel pedal is more likely than a Kiesel amp in light of this scenario.

huh, that's pretty interesting. I wonder if they would contract out a pedal or if they have some people in-house, who can make them.

He actually mentioned that anything outside the realm of guitars would likely have to be from a partnership with someone else. They don't have the room in the shop to make amps, and I think he even mentioned a specific person that he thought would be cool to work With...but said he hasn't actually talked to anyone about anything at all yet.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 pm

dejabluguitar wrote: I wouldn't mind a P-90 added to the equation either.

I begged for a Kiesel P-90 for ages. I've given up.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 am

Not an update from this live stream, but somehow I missed it and felt like it should be noted somewhere...

The JBPB was discontinued for 2019. The one in GIS, according to the IG post, is the "last one".

https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140223

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery