Updates from 2/27 live stream: Gotoh 510 coming for Delos, Crescent 8-string (non multiscale) de-listed

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Updates from 2/27 live stream: Gotoh 510 coming for Delos, Crescent 8-string (non multiscale) de-listed

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Per the title, the Gotoh 510 is coming for the Delos.

Also per the title, the non-multiscale 8-string Crescent was discontinued due to low sales.

Other interesting tidbits:
-Headless with piezo can't be paired with chambering, at least with the Vader
-He doesn't have the exact numbers, but Jeff thinks at least 60% of their actual sales are on non-returnable builds. Lots of interesting conversation to be had around that, I'm sure. ha!
-If you get a Crescent with the chambering option, the chambering is the same whether you get the C hole or not. It's just as hollow either way.

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: Updates from 2/27 live stream: Gotoh 510 coming for Delos, Crescent 8-string (non multiscale) de-listed

Postby arahobob » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:04 pm

I've enjoyed the 510 in my Bolt for years.
An excellent move by Mr K.
:mrgreen:
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Updates from 2/27 live stream: Gotoh 510 coming for Delos, Crescent 8-string (non multiscale) de-listed

Postby Toptube » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 pm

spudmunkey wrote:-He doesn't have the exact numbers, but Jeff thinks at least 60% of their actual sales are on non-returnable builds. Lots of interesting conversation to be had around that, I'm sure. ha!

Ok I'll play:

My first thought is that this means that a lot of their coolest stuff is non-returnable. People are buying non-returnable stuff, because its the cool stuff.

And therefore, Kiesel should take a long hard look at those options and think about making some of them eligible for return. To me, there are some obvious things which probably should be returnable. But I'm not exactly interested in turning this into an "if it were me" thread.

However, I would posit Raw tone is a significant portion of that 60%. And that's a pickle. Because I have heard anecdotes that it really isn't that durable. And therefore, the non-returnable status is probably totally justified. And I believe it, because similar finishes from other brands haven't been very durable, in my own experience. Such as Ibanez.

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:53 am

the JH6 is RTF standard and it is returnable, the exception.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am

dejabluguitar wrote:the JH6 is RTF standard and it is returnable, the exception.

If that's true then the policy makes absolutely zero sense.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:41 am

It is true, indeed. I asked in a somewhat recent live vid, and Jeff did confirm that it's the one exception.

It could have been part of the "deal" for Johnny's sig model. "I want this finish, but I want the people buying my sig to still have that return period, since they can't try it out in a store like all my other signature gear," for example. Just speculation there...and maybe me trying to be rational (to a fault).

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Are the live streams scheduled? There was a pick your top stream last Tuesday, but none today. I'm ready to order my build, but I think it'd be cool to get a top from the live stream. Anyone know when the next one is?

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 pm

jacob5150 wrote:Are the live streams scheduled? There was a pick your top stream last Tuesday, but none today. I'm ready to order my build, but I think it'd be cool to get a top from the live stream. Anyone know when the next one is?

Its a loose schedule.

Pick your tops (or other various finish related deals such as discounted sparkle, Kiesel treatements, etc) seem to be about 2-3 times per month. Usually on tuesday. But not every time.

Q&A with Jeff is usually on wednesdays. 2-3 times per month.

Jeff is fairly busy, so some weeks he misses one or both. or sometimes he has to do them on different days.

check Kiesel and Jeff's FB pages religiously. and/or when in doubt, call and ask or FB message.

The last one had a lot of nice stuff in it. As well as some budget offerings which were still nice stuff. and even some fretboards. I wish i'd had cash for the chocolate maple top. I don't even like tops. But I have a momentary thing for choco maple.

jacob5150

Postby jacob5150 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 am

Great info man, thanks for the help! I think the fact you can see the top and Jeff pick it out is stellar. Not to mention the pricing can be great too.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery