Live Stream Updates

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Live Stream Updates

Postby Toptube » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 am

Maybe this can just be the one thread where we talk about info from the live streams

Sounds like "Top of the day", the live streams where Jeff sells some choice tops for discounts a couple times per month, is going away. I.....don't think it will never happen again. But it sounds like its not gonna be 2-3 times per month, as it has been. and maybe not even monthly.

Also, mid-year price hikes coming up. Jeff said he'd give approximately a 6 week warning, before the raised prices go into effect. No real specifics, except I think he said "several models."

Also, he said today that they can apply a pearlescent finish over most solid colors. And essentially get a "pearl" version of that color. I would love to see that on British Racing Green.

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Live Stream Updates

Postby Toptube » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm

OH yeah, Jeff also has limited supply of walnut/Ebony necks and Maple/Ebony necks. I think they were 5 piece. Once they are gone, he said they won't ever do it again.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Toptube wrote:OH yeah, Jeff also has limited supply of walnut/Ebony necks and Maple/Ebony necks. I think they were 5 piece. Once they are gone, he said they won't ever do it again.

Thanks fore that reminder. I remember he gave the limited counts for each one when he first announced them. i wonder how many are left...doesn't seem to be many NGDs of them. i wonder if he's "never again", because they aren't selling as well as he hoped? :think:

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
Toptube wrote:OH yeah, Jeff also has limited supply of walnut/Ebony necks and Maple/Ebony necks. I think they were 5 piece. Once they are gone, he said they won't ever do it again.

Thanks fore that reminder. I remember he gave the limited counts for each one when he first announced them. i wonder how many are left...doesn't seem to be many NGDs of them. i wonder if he's "never again", because they aren't selling as well as he hoped? :think:

Probably just an experiment. And maybe more expensive than its worth.

Walnut/Ebony would look rad, though.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 am

Toptube wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:

Probably just an experiment. And maybe more expensive than its worth.

Walnut/Ebony would look rad, though.

I wish I could throw build in just for that.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

For the last 5 years, I've had a couple builds floating around in my head that would try really hard to get a maple/ebony 5-piece neck, but just not at that point right to pull the trigger now. :wall:

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pm

Which types of necks were available in the ebony walnut?
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 am

dbone wrote:Which types of necks were available in the ebony walnut?

I think they were 5 piece walnut w/Ebony stripes. Jeff just said "neck blanks". I assume you could get it on just about any model.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:28 am

Maple and ebony, or walnut and ebony, 5 piece. I *believe* no neck through. I dont remember if they were long enough for basses.

kpl94

Postby kpl94 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:23 am

I heard him say something about price raises on July 1st, any speculations on what that would look like?

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm

kpl94 wrote:I heard him say something about price raises on July 1st, any speculations on what that would look like?

Guess all those Kali tax hikes and social welfare programs are taking their toll. Paid over $4 for a gallon of regular in San Diego last week. Probably higher by now! Starting to make the Fender American series look more enticing all the time... but wait, aren't those made in Kali, too!
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Omsong wrote:
kpl94 wrote:I heard him say something about price raises on July 1st, any speculations on what that would look like?

Guess all those Kali tax hikes and social welfare programs are taking their toll. Paid over $4 for a gallon of regular in San Diego last week. Probably higher by now!

Yep probably. Nation-wide gas prices are the highest they've been in 2 years. As far as California prices, currently $0.49 is state tax. 20 years ago today, it was $0.30. Adjust $0.30 for inflation, and you get $0.47. :think: Not too far off.

San Diego's always high, anyway. A lot of that is county and municipal. I paid $3.65 last night near San Francisco. If I would have gone to the station that's nearest to my home, I could pay $4.59 for regular, but that's because it's the last gas station you see, right at the exit you would take to return your rental car to the airport. :lol: People who don't want to pay the $8.99/gallon at the counter, but don't have time to look for a cheaper station, will just give up and stop there to full up. :wink:

But local gas prices are a terrible metric for public policy anyway, since it's also partially driven by two of the nearest refineries to San Diego that had breakdowns this year and still haven't caught up, as well as a major fire just last month at one of those same ones, reducing available supply.

So with all that said, as far as I've heard, just that mention of a July re-pricing, and that it's not all models. No idea what that could mean, and at this point it would definitely be speculation.

I wouldn't be surprised if either this July, or this January, if the AE185, HF2, and maybe the NS1 got the chopping block. with as much of a priority as they've been making on production efficiencies, these three seem likely to go. The HF2 has bespoke production techniques, and the NS1 has hardware that is only used by that one model, and neither show up very often in the factory pics, or NGD posts.

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 pm

spudmonkey

Gas prices are probably as much a reflection of the refinery location as the state. Compare the $4.05 in San Diego on Tuesday to $2.64 I paid in Tucson on Saturday - different states and probably different refinery's (Ca vs. Tx). They are $3.05 here in Yuma...

Wonder if there will be price hikes on the models that are to be eventually phased out. I agree that the HF2 is probably on the block as several months ago there was a Kiesel employee (on FB) who mentioned that the HF2's days were numbered.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Jeff's been posting tops this week and right now he's doing deals, live. So I dunno :think:

Also, he just showed of the clear pearl on some natural wood and it looked sweet. So yeah, someday when I order again, I may be adding that clear pearl to british racing green or light blue.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Toptube wrote:Jeff's been posting tops this week and right now he's doing deals, live. So I dunno :think:

Also, he just showed of the clear pearl on some natural wood and it looked sweet. So yeah, someday when I order again, I may be adding that clear pearl to british racing green or light blue.

I saw that pearl over the buckeye. I immediately though "pearl over blackout ash". :shock:

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:45 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
Toptube wrote:Jeff's been posting tops this week and right now he's doing deals, live. So I dunno :think:

I saw that pearl over the buckeye. I immediately though "pearl over blackout ash". :shock:[/quote]
At this moment, I'm thinking pearl would look good over anything. Even summer ash :lol:

Kiesel Racing Orange with pearl, would probably be a knockout
Last edited by Toptube on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:43 pm

I do have to admit...the pearl over the "baked" ask body looked a little weird to me, though.

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 am

limited pickguard option coming to Delos. black pearl, mint, and some kind of other white.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Thu May 09, 2019 7:41 pm

dejabluguitar wrote:limited pickguard option coming to Delos. black pearl, mint, and some kind of other white.

couple of nice alternatives : )
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

No more flat-rate shipping for international orders. Kiesel has basically been "eating" double and triple the flate-rate costs for international. And they are not going to do that anymore.

Its not immediate. You still have some time for flat-rate international, if you want to get an order in, soon.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery