My stuff

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

My stuff

Postby RyanF » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:25 pm

It looks more badass this way. :twisted:

And here's the family (minus the Pod XTL). I'm waiting for the DC127.. hah.

tbonesullivan
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: My stuff

Postby tbonesullivan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:14 pm

heh. true it may look more badass, but paper vs foot, foot wins.

Eilzug
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Eilzug » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:37 pm

Baaad to da bone.....!!! 8)

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: My stuff

Postby RyanF » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:22 pm

animephreak wrote:heh. true it may look more badass, but paper vs foot, foot wins.

'tis why the grill is back on. :)

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:58 am

How does the MTS series sound? I've always been curious because i have never really gotten what people were trying to say in their explanations of it. What does the distortion sound like? i trust the clean channel is exceptional too? thanks.

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RyanF » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:24 pm

pretzelboy wrote:How does the MTS series sound? I've always been curious because i have never really gotten what people were trying to say in their explanations of it. What does the distortion sound like? i trust the clean channel is exceptional too? thanks.

The MTS can go from super-clean to metal. The clean channel stays clean forever, even on 50w mode, so if you're looking for a natural clean channel breakup without blowing your eardrums out, the MTS isn't for you. I really do like the clean channel though. It does clean blues very well, but at the same time can do rock to metal. :)

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:27 pm

do you know if it's similar at all to the v3's sound? because the v3 half stack is 1500 which is a lot and if the sound is similar but just less features then i would consider the MTS half stack a resonable compromise.

p.s. thanks a lot for the reply earlier.

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RyanF » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:31 pm

pretzelboy wrote:do you know if it's similar at all to the v3's sound? because the v3 half stack is 1500 which is a lot and if the sound is similar but just less features then i would consider the MTS half stack a resonable compromise.

I honestly can't tell you, because I've never played a V3. ;) I suspect it has less gain than the V3, and only 2 channels, and no MIDI capability.

Nightflame

Postby Nightflame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm

While I found the MTS to be a very versatile amp, if you're looking to use the gain for metal, you're not really going to find much more than fizz until you're driving the power tubes. The thought never crossed my mind while I still owned it to try an attenuator on it, so that may be a solution. I just found that the gain was extremely unsatisfying until it was cranked up to seven or eight on the volume. Which was a pity, because the clean channel was awesome all over the dial. And the high-volume, high-gain sounds were incredible.

But from what I've heard of the V3 (not in person, just clips), it's a very different sound from the MTS. But, that could just be my ears playing tricks on me, or my memory being faulty.

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RyanF » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Nightflame wrote:While I found the MTS to be a very versatile amp, if you're looking to use the gain for metal, you're not really going to find much more than fizz until you're driving the power tubes. The thought never crossed my mind while I still owned it to try an attenuator on it, so that may be a solution. I just found that the gain was extremely unsatisfying until it was cranked up to seven or eight on the volume. Which was a pity, because the clean channel was awesome all over the dial. And the high-volume, high-gain sounds were incredible.

But from what I've heard of the V3 (not in person, just clips), it's a very different sound from the MTS. But, that could just be my ears playing tricks on me, or my memory being faulty.

Yup, it has to be cranked to sound great. My favorite spot is around 8-9. 10 if I want a ton more bass. But, that's true will all high wattage tube amps, really.

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:50 pm

RyanF wrote:
pretzelboy wrote:do you know if it's similar at all to the v3's sound? because the v3 half stack is 1500 which is a lot and if the sound is similar but just less features then i would consider the MTS half stack a resonable compromise.

I honestly can't tell you, because I've never played a V3. ;) I suspect it has less gain than the V3, and only 2 channels, and no MIDI capability.

alright thanks, i don't really like that much gain in an amp...but i'll probably end up getting the v3 just because it looks more cool...it's a little vain but these are amps we're talking about not people so i think it's okay to judge them on their looks :D

Nightflame

Postby Nightflame » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:48 pm

RyanF wrote:Yup, it has to be cranked to sound great. My favorite spot is around 8-9. 10 if I want a ton more bass. But, that's true will all high wattage tube amps, really.

You would think, as common as "turn down" has become in clubs, and as common as the bedroom recording guru has become, that someone, somewhere, would come up with a tube circuit that sounds great at low volumes and doesn't cost an arm, leg, and first born. I've seen some pretty decent 1-5 Watt amps that sound OK at living-room levels, but nothing that qualifies as high-gain. I suppose the assumption is still out there that if you're metal you live on the stage. As much as we'd all like that to be true, some of us have nice quiet lives we'd like to interupt every once in a while without interupting the neighbors.

Don't get me wrong, I always love the feeling of the breeze blowing off the speakers of a big ol' tube stack, but at eleven at night in my neighborhood, that's just not going to happen.

RyanF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RyanF » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Nightflame wrote:Don't get me wrong, I always love the feeling of the breeze blowing off the speakers of a big ol' tube stack, but at eleven at night in my neighborhood, that's just not going to happen.

I love my Pod XTL. :)

riff
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby riff » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:15 pm

I agree, headphone heaven with the POD.

I love my new SC90 that I recieved on 2-1-07.

I will not consider another electric guitar company other than Carvin.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery