My First Carvin DC127C

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

keniko

My First Carvin DC127C

Postby keniko » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:02 am

Here's the link for my Carvin Pics. Some of the close ups are out of focus. Sorry :cry: But you'll get the jest....lol.....

My DC127C

Click on the My 50th Bithday Folder for pics of my birthday and my family presenting me with my Carvin. Precious moments for me.

Thanks

Edit....Please Help. Can't get link to work

Edit II.....Thanks Wickid. Much appreciated
Last edited by keniko on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

wickid
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: My First Carvin DC127C

Postby wickid » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:51 am

keniko wrote:Here's the link for my Carvin Pics. Some of the close ups are out of focus. Sorry :cry: But you'll get the jest....lol.....

My DC127C

Click on the My 50th Bithday Folder for pics of my birthday and my family presenting me with my Carvin. Precious moments for me.

Thanks

Edit....Please Help. Can't get link to work

It didnt like the space after the "=" in the url.

Wannabe1

re: My First Carvin DC127C

Postby Wannabe1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:23 pm

I think that thing looks great man. I don't see whats wrong with no 24th fret marker. I think a real small one there would be really weird lookin and making all of them smaller would look silly on the first 12 frets.

keniko

Postby keniko » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:49 pm

wannabe,

I think it's more of a personal preference. I personally would like to see the markers. I just wanted to bring this out in the open cuz the diamond in lays are a new feature. They're awesome looking and very glad Carvin started this. I just think Carvin should let us know so everyone is on the same page. Remember....it's an upgrade......

Wannabe1

Postby Wannabe1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:35 pm

I completely understand, and yes, it should be said that you won't have a diamond on the 24th fret, but I don't think that should be a deal breaker by any means.

Carvinitis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Carvinitis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:36 pm

Very, very sweet! Always love the Umber/Sunset/Quilt combos. Congrats on both the guitar and the birthday! :D 8)
"Name your limitations and sure enough, they're yours!"

keniko

Postby keniko » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:10 am

Carvinitis, Thanks. This guitar is very special to me for obvious reasons. I finally have my Carvin and I LOVE IT.

Wannabe,

You raised an interesting point. How do you balance the in lays so they look and fit right up to the 24th fret? Good question. I was thinkin' just go with a smaller in lay at the 24th fret but then you have two different sizes and from a construction and cost perspective, this may not work. Like you said,resizing might make the inlays look funny up to the 12th fret. This is a new feature and upgrade so maybe a pic of a DC727 or DC127 with the diamond in layed neck would clarify things?

How about a note:

Diamond In lays on 24 fret necks will not have a 24th fret marker

I agree it's not a deal breaker. It's a minor issue with me. If I ordered another Carvin I would still consider diamond in lays. All I'm saying is Carvin should let you know.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery