Who do you hate ?

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu May 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Doctor Doug wrote:I don't like people who judge how good music by how hard it is to play. I can't stand when I hear a really cool riff and someone says something like "Aw he's just doing this, it sucks." I KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING AND I KNOW IT"S EASY TO PLAY!! IT"S JUST COOL, OKAY?!?!?!?!


I bet you that same retard who hates simple riffs plays smoke on the water at guitar shops

User avatar
Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1389
Joined: Oct 2013

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 am

MatiasTolkki wrote:
Doctor Doug wrote:I don't like people who judge how good music by how hard it is to play. I can't stand when I hear a really cool riff and someone says something like "Aw he's just doing this, it sucks." I KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING AND I KNOW IT"S EASY TO PLAY!! IT"S JUST COOL, OKAY?!?!?!?!


I bet you that same retard who hates simple riffs plays smoke on the water at guitar shops


Hahaha! In E. :wall:

User avatar
Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 2204
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Garland TX

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby Casual Madman » Sat May 24, 2014 11:38 am

Doctor Doug wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:I bet you that same retard who hates simple riffs plays smoke on the water at guitar shops


Hahaha! In E. :wall:


With power chords. :naughty:

User avatar
Sparky131
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Illinois
Links/Contact:

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby Sparky131 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 am

Not based on their skills, but for their brand of music, I can't friggin stand Periphery. They seem like cool dudes, and Misha is pretty knowledgable and willing to share production tips(even if they are a bit for the novices), I just absolutely hate their brand of metal. And their singer...
Guitars:
1992 DC127
2016 DC127
1993 Ibanez SR890

Amps:
Jet City JCA22H
Orange Micro Terror
Orange PPC112 Cab

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:52 am

Doctor Doug wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:
Doctor Doug wrote:I don't like people who judge how good music by how hard it is to play. I can't stand when I hear a really cool riff and someone says something like "Aw he's just doing this, it sucks." I KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING AND I KNOW IT"S EASY TO PLAY!! IT"S JUST COOL, OKAY?!?!?!?!


I bet you that same retard who hates simple riffs plays smoke on the water at guitar shops


Hahaha! In E. :wall:


That whole "No stairway or Smoke on the water" rule only applies in the US and England. Here in Japan it's perfectly okay to do it... I played the intro to stairway over here in guitar shop :lol:

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 am

Can't stand em.
Guitar Center, I know they aren't music but it's there fault somehow.
Anything mainstream/popular these days
Warped Tour
Herman Li
Yngwie
Both guitarists from Trivium
Both guitarists from A7X
Slayer period but especially there " solos "
Kirk Hammett for the most part
CC Deville :lol:
Michael Angel Batio
Zakk Wylde... I swear to god if you play one more friggin pinch harmonic! 8)
Bands that's live show is more backing track than live band.

People I respect.

Jason Becker. Not only one of the most amazing guitarists I've ever heard but at such a young age. He's also an amazing person.

Chris Letchford. Seems like a cool guy and I really enjoy his music with Scale the Summit and his new solo album Lightbox.

Marty Friedman. Amazing guitarist, amazing guy.

John Browne from Monuments/Fellsilent and other side projects. Seems like a really awesome dude and I like the way he djents :lol: 8) :laughhard: Serious though!

Plini. I really like the style of music he plays. Has a very pretty feel.

AJ Minette. Guitarist from The Human Abstract. Also a really super cool dude, very humble but very knowledgeable for such a young guy.

Steve Vai
GateZ
2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Why hate Yngwie? He's got a terrible attitude, I know, but listen to fire and ice or Eclipse. Best albums he's ever released.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

User avatar
colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1374
Joined: May 2013
Location: Close to the edge

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby colossal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 pm

GateZ wrote:Chris Letchford. Seems like a cool guy and I really enjoy his music with Scale the Summit and his new solo album Lightbox.

Chris is a really nice guy and a helluva player. I took lessons with him for a while.

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 pm

I can't stand Yngwie as a person his ego is ridiculous and he seems like a total Pr**k, as a musician even he only has his moments with me. I do like some of his songs, I like bits and pieces from the work he did with the orchestras as well but just overall I could do without him. There was a time when my ipod had probably close to 100 songs from him but I just can't stand him anymore. While I admit he is clearly talented, he definitely falls in the category of "overrated".

It's a good thing it seems like this has been limited to guitarists and not all musicians entirely because that list….. Oooooh boy :think:
GateZ

2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:11 pm

GateZ wrote:I can't stand Yngwie as a person his ego is ridiculous and he seems like a total Pr**k, as a musician even he only has his moments with me. I do like some of his songs, I like bits and pieces from the work he did with the orchestras as well but just overall I could do without him. There was a time when my ipod had probably close to 100 songs from him but I just can't stand him anymore. While I admit he is clearly talented, he definitely falls in the category of "overrated".

It's a good thing it seems like this has been limited to guitarists and not all musicians entirely because that list….. Oooooh boy :think:


Yeah, I hate Yngwie as a person too. If you saw a person like that in a bar, I promise someone would punch him (oh wait, Mickey Dee DID get into a bar fight with Yngwie :lol: )

I think Yngwie TODAY is overrated, can't deny his contributions to metal back in the 80s-90s though. Thanks to Yngwie, we got Power metal so we at least owe him for all the great bands that came because of him.

I do get tired of listening to him sometimes though. That's what Judas Priest and Twilight force is for :)
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:01 pm

If I was in a bar and had been drinking for a while, I guarantee id get in a fight with him… Just too full of him sell to function properly. I agree 100% though on him contributing a lot to music and he at one point was an interesting, enjoyable, unique type of musician but that all died at some point and he just kinda keeps goin the same way.
Talented, yes. But to hard to deal with these days.

Now I will definitely listen to some Priest whenever the mood strikes, I love Judas Priest.. Well except that whole Turbo faze but hey, we won't talk about that. :D :lol: :laughhard: :laughhard: :think:
Priest isn't the same now though, KK left an all.
GateZ

2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Not somebody I hate, somebody I like quite a bit whom I didn't listen to before.. Frank Gambale.
I have known who he was and i've heard different stuff from him over the years ( plus the guitar/workout video :lol: ) but I didn't really sit down and get super into his stuff until around the time I was ordering my V6. Hell of a guy and a very talented and versatile guitarist, Live performance over studio all day with him!!!
GateZ

2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm

GateZ wrote:If I was in a bar and had been drinking for a while, I guarantee id get in a fight with him… Just too full of him sell to function properly. I agree 100% though on him contributing a lot to music and he at one point was an interesting, enjoyable, unique type of musician but that all died at some point and he just kinda keeps goin the same way.
Talented, yes. But to hard to deal with these days.

Now I will definitely listen to some Priest whenever the mood strikes, I love Judas Priest.. Well except that whole Turbo faze but hey, we won't talk about that. :D :lol: :laughhard: :laughhard: :think:
Priest isn't the same now though, KK left an all.


I like Turbo and Ram it down actually. Yes, Defenders and Painkiller, along with Jugulator are far superior overall, but Turbo lover is just so awesome to not listen to. Ram it down and Hard as Iron are really awesome. I like Nostradamus as well, VERY good album that gets dumped on WAY too much. Sands of Time / Pestilence and Plague is just epic :D

I listen to priest like every day btw :lol:

They aren't the same, but there's some VERY good stuff on Redeemer of Souls. Halls of Valhalla, Redeemer, Dragonaut are all great songs, same with Metalizer. I noticed that there was one track, maybe Sword of Damacles (I forgot which track it was), that really sounds like Iron Maiden (the Ritchie Faulkner effect). Ritchie is a REALLY good guitarist and deserves more respect than he gets imo.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:17 pm

I could see how a big Priest fan like yourself might like all there stuff even Turbo, etc.. 8)
There are very very few of there songs that I don't like for what it's worth.. Even today Rob hits notes I never could! Crazy metal singer, imagine what metal would have been without him.
Without guys like Rob, Phil from Pantera etc this whole screaming thing probably never would have blown up the way it did.

Richie is a good guitarist in his own rite for sure.

On the topic of Ritchie's, Ritche Kotzen is a guy whos gotten a lot better over time as a musician.. I'm getting off topic of the hate huh?

I myself am a HUGE Iron Maiden fan, I love everything about the band and the guys… Well, except that Blaze Bailey fella' but hey, we won't talk about him. :lol: Woah, deja vu.

I missed your comment Colossal, I'm super jealous you got to take lessons with Chris, i'm sure that was really cool. I'm looking into buying his books right now, hoping theres some goodies in there!

I'm listening to Chris/Scale the Summit right now actually, as I do most nights. Currently listening to a song called The Oracle if any of you guys wanna give it a listen! :D
GateZ

2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

User avatar
FlyingV
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 2392
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle area

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby FlyingV » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Now I'm sure I'm weird...

I can't stand listening to Yngwie's music but I think he sounds like an OK guy on the interviews and videos I've seen.

Go figure :?
[2] DC7X 27", Loomis 26.5", S7G 27.5", Walden CE550, Ibanez 7 nylon string.
My Kiesel wish list - All 7 strings. All 27" scale option.
New symmetrical V7X, X227X, TL7X, C77X Bolt [smooth heel]
Semi-Hollow CT7. Head or Headless [CODA's photoshop]

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby MatiasTolkki » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:08 pm

FlyingV wrote:Now I'm sure I'm weird...

I can't stand listening to Yngwie's music but I think he sounds like an OK guy on the interviews and videos I've seen.

Go figure :?


Yeah, you're weird :lol:

Like I said though, there are only a few Yngwie songs I can listen to, but they are some of the best songs I know. I think his constant noodling gets old.

Back on the topic of hate, I hate extreme metal. The guitarists don't know how to play anything outside mindless chugging. The fact that this garbage is the so-called mainstream of metal today is a disgrace to Dio's memory and a disgrace to all that metal stands for.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

GateZ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Central Coast, Ca

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby GateZ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:40 pm

I don't like bands like Meshuggah or cannibal corpse or suicide silence ( Minus Mitch's screams sometimes. rip. ) that are just pointless chugga chugga.
I do however like screaming more than singing but I like the two together as well.

I like Sikth, Born of Osiris, Monuments, Arsonists get all the girls, so I enjoy heavier/crazier metal just only if the music and vocals are entertaining or good. I usually listen to the music first/most unless it's a vocalist I really like, so if the music sucks I don't wanna hear it.

Meshuggah bores me to no end man and even as much as I like some of what Misha Mansoor does and I think he's a cool guy, I can't stand most of Periphery's music.

As far as the whole "djent" thing goes, I really like Sikth, anything John Browne does I usually like alot ( Monuments/Fellsilent/8Dawn/some solo type stuff ) I like AAL and parts of there songs are kinda djenty :lol: :laughhard:

It just really depends on the specific group but as a blanket statement, I could do without all the " chugga chugga choo choo" bands :D :lol: :naughty: :naughty:
GateZ

2015 Vader V6 (Koa)

User avatar
Bredo
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2807
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Oslo - Norway

re: Who do you hate ?

Postby Bredo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Hate or don't like? Hate their songs and music?

How can you hate someone you don't know?
Is the Artist the same as the Person? Or do you hate the Artist, not the Person?

I "hate" people who HATES people they don't even know.

Everybody "hates" that Yngwie is better than them :stir:
Carvin Guitars 1996-2016: DC127T - SC90S - DC135M - BOLT HSS - TL60 - BOLT HSS - DC600 - DC127M - PB4 - SC90M - DC135 - BOLT-C - DC127M - DC145C - CS624 - DC127M - DC600H - SC90 Last Run Ed - Bolt Plus Last Run - CS324 20th Ann
Carvin Amps: VL100/VL412C - 2 X100Bs - V3M/212V - MTS 3200

User avatar
potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 3349
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby potatohead » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm

MatiasTolkki wrote:
FlyingV wrote:Now I'm sure I'm weird...

I can't stand listening to Yngwie's music but I think he sounds like an OK guy on the interviews and videos I've seen.

Go figure :?


Yeah, you're weird :lol:

Like I said though, there are only a few Yngwie songs I can listen to, but they are some of the best songs I know. I think his constant noodling gets old.

Back on the topic of hate, I hate extreme metal. The guitarists don't know how to play anything outside mindless chugging. The fact that this garbage is the so-called mainstream of metal today is a disgrace to Dio's memory and a disgrace to all that metal stands for.


Seems a little over the top? If you don't like it, don't listen to it, I don't know if that means you have to hate someone.

While chugging is not everyone's cup, it's not really new. The song Jambi by Tool comes to mind, just a really good song and like 95% of it is played on the low string.
V3M 212
2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)
2013 CS6 x 2 (satin purple flame, satin green flame)
2013 CS4 (satin black)
2015 CT4 (satin blue ash w/ AAT)

User avatar
riff
Carvinite
Carvinite
Posts: 813
Joined: Jan 2007

Re: re: Who do you hate ?

Postby riff » Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 pm

ElfDude wrote:I remember at age 16 going to see a midnight screening of the film Yessongs (which was already several years old). I was SO excited that I was going to see what this band that had made me so happy and excited about music for the past year actually looked like when they were playing.

And I was completely blown away!

And saddened. Steve Howe was just so good, y'know? Why was I even bothering with the guitar when there were people like him out there?

But I never hated him. Or any of the monster players.
Once that initial bit of discouragement passed all those great guitarists out there just inspired me.

I never did become a particularly good guitar player. But I still love playing! :mrgreen:


I had a similar experience with Steve Howe. Went to an ASIA concert in 1983. This was during my Eddie is king phase. Howe brought out the ole Martin for about 20 minutes and absolutely blew me away. The whole show I was saying to my self: "This is the most Professional Guitar player I have ever seen. I want to be able to achieve this"
A true turning point in my musical development. My love of Flamenco, classical, folk and Rock guitar were all satisfied.
I'm Still trying.


Return to Pro Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest