Kiko Loureiro borrows a JB200C

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

gregorbill
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Kiko Loureiro borrows a JB200C

Postby gregorbill » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:39 pm

I know he's an Ibanez endorser, but this still looks cool.

This is from a photo shoot with the band stopping in at Berklee. https://www.berklee.edu/news/megadeth-visits-berklee

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: Kiko Loureiro borrows a JB200C

Postby amon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Hey, look, it's the new Mega-Temp.

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: Kiko Loureiro borrows a JB200C

Postby potatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 pm

amon wrote:Hey, look, it's the new Mega-Temp.

He is one hell of a player
V3M 212
2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)
2013 CS6 x 2 (satin purple flame, satin green flame)
2013 CS4 (satin black)
2015 CT4 (satin blue ash w/ AAT)

gregorbill
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby gregorbill » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:44 pm

potatohead wrote:He is one hell of a player

I'd rank Sounds of Innocence as one of the best instrumental rock guitar albums ever recorded.

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby potatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:08 pm

gregorbill wrote:
potatohead wrote:He is one hell of a player

I'd rank Sounds of Innocence as one of the best instrumental rock guitar albums ever recorded.

I saw them a couple weeks ago. The ease at which he plays their catalogue is sickening. He doesn't even need to concentrate :lol:
V3M 212

2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)

2013 CS4 (satin black)

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby amon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:46 am

Al Pitrelli could ape Marty Friedman's material perfectly, as well. On a Gibson. With a cigarette dangling out of his mouth.

Koshchei
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Koshchei » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:00 am

Megadeth really needed to call it a day after The System Has Failed. It was a perfect return to form after a string of disappointments.

Based on their current catalogue, Megadave now has more flubs under his belt than hits, and pioneering stuff like Peace Sells and Rust in Peace look more and more like flukes than a musical direction.

Jbird
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jbird » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:25 am

Koshchei wrote:Megadeth really needed to call it a day after The System Has Failed. It was a perfect return to form after a string of disappointments.

Based on their current catalogue, Megadave now has more flubs under his belt than hits, and pioneering stuff like Peace Sells and Rust in Peace look more and more like flukes than a musical direction.

The album after that, United Abominations, is my 3rd favorite Megadeth album, after Rust In Peace & Countdown. I think the new one is really good too. I was a bit disappointed in the Chris Broderick era though. Those weren't horrible by any means, but really nothing memorable, either.

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby potatohead » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:39 am

I like some of the newer stuff, it's not Rust in Peace but it's not bad either. Of course you do have to pick and choose through it. Endgame had three or four really solid songs.

Here's a real quick video from the show, Kiko's cleanliness is up there.

https://youtu.be/ujaRd1VVMJI
V3M 212

2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)

2013 CS4 (satin black)

Dr. Shrinker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dr. Shrinker » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I wonder how long until MegaDave orders him to play a dean?

He better be careful, Dave might slap that Carvin out of his hands faster than he did Martys.

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby potatohead » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Dr. Shrinker wrote:I wonder how long until MegaDave orders him to play a dean?

He better be careful, Dave might slap that Carvin out of his hands faster than he did Martys.

?

Little Dave has been using Jackson and Chris used Ibanez and Jackson over his time with them.
V3M 212

2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)

2013 CS4 (satin black)

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby amon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:20 pm

- Junior played Fender and Modulus before he went back to Jackson (which is Fender).

- Jeff Young played Anderson super-strats.

- Pitrelli played Gibsons (which was very shocking at the time).

- Lomenzo played Warwicks.

- Broderick played Ibanez and then his Jackson sig models.

The only guys that "followed" Mustaine's brand affiliations were Marty (Jackson), James McDonough (ESP) and Glenn Drover (ESP/Dean). Chris Poland worked for BC Rich, which is how Megadeth got that endorsement.

Dr. Shrinker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dr. Shrinker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:27 pm

potatohead wrote:

?

Little Dave has been using Jackson and Chris used Ibanez and Jackson over his time with them.

I was somewhat exaggerating with my post. However, Dave has a reputation of being very controlling.

According to Marty, Glen Drover, and other members, MegaD likes to "encourage" his members what to play. I have heard that he ordered Broderick to play Marshalls (according to multiple sources). And he quit very soon after.

I met Marty back in the day and asked him (as a big V220 fan) about his V220 and why he switched. Im not going to repeat what he said, I feel it was told to me in confidence, but it is the basis of my opinion.

BTW: I thought Jeff Young played a Kramer?

amon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby amon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 pm

I thought I remembered him playing Performance Guitars parts-casters (a la Vai's early days), but a Google search shows they were Andersons.

Jbird
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jbird » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 am

Dr. Shrinker wrote:
potatohead wrote:

?

I was somewhat exaggerating with my post. However, Dave has a reputation of being very controlling.

According to Marty, Glen Drover, and other members, MegaD likes to "encourage" his members what to play. I have heard that he ordered Broderick to play Marshalls (according to multiple sources). And he quit very soon after.

I met Marty back in the day and asked him (as a big V220 fan) about his V220 and why he switched. Im not going to repeat what he said, I feel it was told to me in confidence, but it is the basis of my opinion.

Marty said in an interview for a guitar magazine way back in the early '90s what Dave said. Something about stop playing those ***** guitars and start playing a Jackson, if I remember rightly. If I don't, I apologize. But I do remember reading it in one of the rags...maybe Guitar For The Practicing Musician?

potatohead
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby potatohead » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:19 am

Dr. Shrinker wrote:
potatohead wrote:

?

Chris was playing ENGL, and switched to Marshall after about six months to a year. Maybe that was Dave, maybe that was Marshall, maybe his ENGL contract expired, who knows. After another couple years they all switched to Fractal (which I have to believe was Chris' idea), and there are no more Marshall stacks behind the band at live shows anymore.

We all know the "rumor" about Dave telling Marty to "get a real guitar." That was 25 years ago, and people change.
V3M 212

2012 DC700 (gloss spalt)

2013 CS4 (satin black)

ioneater
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ioneater » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm

I couldn't stomach anything after Countdown. RIP remains one of my all time favorite albums. I have their live RIP tour on my server, Broderick nailed Marty's licks pretty well, IMO. Haven't even given the latest a listen. I would expect another shovel full of disappointing radio music...

Dometalican
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Dometalican » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 am

I actually liked Endgame because their guitar solos were INSANELY good and at least sounded modern despite playing in E standard (which is actually impressive to me).

I like this guitarist but Megadeth needs to mega go away. lol.
Rig goals:
1 A6C
2 AC375 (or AC475; 7-string preferred)
3 Carvin V3412
4 X64
5 Carvin BX1600
6 DC700C (27" scale)
7 Extended scale or Multiscale 6-string Bass
8 AM8/KVM8
9 K6CX/SCB6CX/DC6CX (26.5"/27" scale)
For fun:
10. CT73C