Joe Walsh on The Voice

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Sharkman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe Walsh on The Voice

Postby Sharkman » Tue May 24, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm watching the season finale of NBC's The Voice right now. Joe Walsh just appeared, singing and playing the guitar along with one of the contestants. Although Joe Walsh had (and maybe still has) an endorsement contact with Carvin, and I've also seen his ads for Guitar Center where he sang the praise of Gibson guitars. So why was Joe playing some other brand of guitar tonight?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

re: Joe Walsh on The Voice

Postby spudmunkey » Tue May 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Some brands are OK with their artists playing other guitars when it's what they want to play at that point. Annie Clark (St. Vincent) has her own signature EBMM model, and yet here she is playing for TV, not using her signature model...or even one made by EBMM, I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YwG0K-wggA

I'm sure there are different kinds of agreements that different artists have, too.

canon_mutant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby canon_mutant » Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Joe owns and plays a bazillion guitars . . . pretty snazzy Duesenberg here. Frankly part of his appeal is "what will he grab tonight?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFlnKso ... soIZ5o#t=0

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri May 27, 2016 9:09 am

Yeah Joe is a big Duesy guy as well. I can't say I blame him (they have some wild scale lengths, some of those Deusenbergs).
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:54 am

I saw that episode and if memory serves me right he was playing a PRS. Not sure of the model but looked to be a CU22 or CU24. At first, looked like it might have been a CT6 but the headstock was a dead give-a-way. Like canon_mutant said, Joe has no shortage of guitars and seems to play what suits him in the moment. The wifey and I saw the Eagles a couple of years ago at Arco Arena here in Sacramento, CA. and even though I wasn't close enough to ID 100% it looked like Timothy B. used his Carvin on a couple of songs and I believe Joe used his CS6. This was my one and only Eagles concert and given the recent Passing of Glen Frey I'm glad I had the opportunity. They really did put on a great show.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME
V49K DEEP NIGHTBURST ON FLAME
CT624M DEEP AQUABURST ON FLAME
CS624S DEEP PURPLE ON QUILT
SH575 DEEP ORANGEBURST ON FLAME
'79 CM130
PRS SE245
X100B
V3 1/2 STACK
AG100D
BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3
FENDER STRAT, TACOMA DM-18, TRAYNOR YGL3-100 MKIII, YAMAHA G1OO-212

2Plus2isChicken
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby 2Plus2isChicken » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:43 am

I've seen this with other players as well. Neil Zaza, at least a few years back, would play a Telecaster and maybe a Les Paul on some songs. James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett both endorse ESP but play Les Pauls as well. Eric Johnson endorses Fender but plays Les Pauls and ES335's as well. If I was one of these guys I would appreciate being able to use another brand based on what I'm wanting at the time. Maybe some of these guys have a favorite old Fender/Gibson/etc. they like to play sometimes.
Guitars:
2x Carvin Bolt
DC145
AE185
Ibanez RG1570 and Mikro
2x Fender MIM Strat
Ovation Celebrity
PRS SE Custom 24

Amps:
V3M
Legacy 3
VT16