The SUCKY THREAD!!! lol.

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Dometalican
Carvinite
Carvinite

The SUCKY THREAD!!! lol.

Postby Dometalican » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:21 am

There was one point (in texastoast's 'who do you hate' thread) in which we said that we should start a thread of fellow Kieselites/Carvinites that have gear but will admit that we're not pro-player material.

I don't even HAVE an electric guitar but I'm not a good player in the slightest. I can only do chords, pinch harmonics, and BROOOOOTAL WHAMMY TRICKS! lol.

If you guys want, you can throw in what you would like to master one day. My case, I'd love to master the art of sweep solos and how to mute the other strings while soloing because I practically envy the guitarists that don't need a band to mute the other strings while playing...
Rig goals:
1 A6C
2 AC375 (or AC475; 7-string preferred)
3 Carvin V3412
4 X64
5 Carvin BX1600
6 DC700C (27" scale)
7 Extended scale or Multiscale 6-string Bass
8 AM8/KVM8
9 K6CX/SCB6CX/DC6CX (26.5"/27" scale)
For fun:
10. CT73C
11. V59K/LB75

Pickup Post that may help you!

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

re: The SUCKY THREAD!!! lol.

Postby Doctor Doug » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:31 pm

I would just like to play lead decently.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

DesmoBob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re: The SUCKY THREAD!!! lol.

Postby DesmoBob » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:55 pm

I wish I could be less tone deaf. I can't tell a tuba from a screen door. In a way it's good, because I can be blissfully happy with most pickups, amps, woods, etc. But I wish I could hear the nuances that everybody else does.

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: The SUCKY THREAD!!! lol.

Postby GuitFiddle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm

DesmoBob wrote:But I wish I could hear the nuances that everybody else does.

No....no, you don't. Trust me on this one. It's torturous and you'll wind up down rabbit holes you didn't know existed.

My sucky is complex, odd-meter rythms. Trying to think about the meter, combined with correct resolution patterns with the intervals I prefer to employ, all with my oddball picking patterns...its just painful. When it works, it's killer, but most times it doesn't or I can't replicate it. Wish it came as naturally and fluidly for me as playing lead!

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:32 pm

DesmoBob wrote:I wish I could be less tone deaf. I can't tell a tuba from a screen door. In a way it's good, because I can be blissfully happy with most pickups, amps, woods, etc. But I wish I could hear the nuances that everybody else does.

In my opinion the best way to achieve this is to play the keys. Some still can not after learning. We all can't excel at everything. However when you learn the keys, things sometimes for some people make sense. Something about the way it is laid out I guess. I played the trumpet and flute pretty good when I was a kid.I knew scales and modes as well as most. I even like today dabbled in guitar. I thought I understood music. It wasn't until I was forced to learn keys when everything truly made sense.

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 pm

double post sorry.

Return to Pro Players