Bjorn Englen No Longer Carvin/Kiesel Endorser

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Bjorn Englen No Longer Carvin/Kiesel Endorser

Postby Randy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:21 pm

This afternoon I found an advertisement for a local(ish) Bjorn Englen show... and while on his website, this:

He seemed to be such an excited Carvin endorser, I was surprised to see that he signed with Ibanez a few months ago... and of all the companies he could have gone with, Kiesel's arch rival Ibanez?

Makes me wonder if there's more to the story... Perhaps it's just a financial decision. Either way, pretty disappointing to learn of the switch.

Bredo
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: Bjorn Englen No Longer Carvin/Kiesel Endorser

Postby Bredo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:14 am

Remember that Kiesel is a whole new company to deal with............... And maybe another "all over the place" new partner boss to deal with ;)
Carvin Guitars 1996-2016: DC127T - SC90S - DC135M - BOLT HSS - TL60 - BOLT HSS - DC600 - DC127M - PB4 - SC90M - DC135 - BOLT-C - DC127M - DC145C - CS624 - DC127M - DC600H - SC90 Last Run Ed - Bolt Plus Last Run - CS324 20th Ann
Carvin Amps: VL100/VL412C - 2 X100Bs - V3M/212V - MTS 3200

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: Bjorn Englen No Longer Carvin/Kiesel Endorser

Postby Randy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:12 am

Bredo wrote:Remember that Kiesel is a whole new company to deal with............... And maybe another "all over the place" new partner boss to deal with ;)

That was the first thing that came to my mind... interesting days in K/C land it seems. However I still hope it was a friendly separation. Maybe it will come up in the next Q&A video(?)

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Yeah, it feels like the Big Endorser list has winnowed down versus the classic era of Mark, the classic set necks/M22's'/X100B/etc.. but then again that was the age of the rock god, and there were lots out there seeking genuine innovation which Mark provided. Back then people were looking forward to the future to make guitars more sophisticated.. Put a maple CM140 against a maple Gibson L6S and there's just no comp, even though they're so similar. Today, however, most players are looking backward to those days and earlier, and fetishize those guitars .. especially since innovation consists of circuit boards going into guitars, etc.. guitars shouldn't be digital devices imo, but since amp heads like the Fractal aren't actual amps but reproducers of pre-existing amps, it follows that guitars will go in that direction. It's an odd, fractured time.

Nowadays the endorser list is a smattering of youtube and iTunes acts (aside from leftovers from the Mark era like Gambale/Howe/Holdsworth/Chaquico, and). The bass side is actually looking a bit better, despite the loss of Bjorn.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Bredo wrote:Remember that Kiesel is a whole new company to deal with............... And maybe another "all over the place" new partner boss to deal with ;)

Man, your asking for someone to call you names again. Stop having an opinion already :lol:

Oh, congrats on Norway finally creeping in the U.S. news. Even if it was pokeman related :wall:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... na-solberg

Bredo
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Bredo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:48 am

Poke....MonGo (loid) he he ;)

A-hole me any day :mrgreen:

When it comes to endorsers, we have had a pretty good list throughout.

But the problem these days, especially if your not from US/California (and certainly abroad) is that we have never heard of many of the new ones (all djent buddies of a certain one).

Not famous enough to reach out internationally, very genre specific (except for a couple - which I also have never heard about).

NO new big international names........................ and they better be careful before losing the rest of those who reach out worldwide.
Carvin Guitars 1996-2016: DC127T - SC90S - DC135M - BOLT HSS - TL60 - BOLT HSS - DC600 - DC127M - PB4 - SC90M - DC135 - BOLT-C - DC127M - DC145C - CS624 - DC127M - DC600H - SC90 Last Run Ed - Bolt Plus Last Run - CS324 20th Ann
Carvin Amps: VL100/VL412C - 2 X100Bs - V3M/212V - MTS 3200

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Most of the time, I think its a simple case of touring costs. Ibanez often helps with travel and venue costs. As far as I know, Kiesel generally does not.

ChrisH
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales

Postby ChrisH » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:13 pm

As far as the company and its relationship with artists go, it's the same artist rep that has bent over backwards for Bjorn the last however many years regardless of the company name (not calling out Bjorn, our artist rep bends over backwards for all of our endorsed artists, that's part of his job description!). We did try out Zack for a short while to test the waters with 2 reps but are just back to 1 now. I'm sure Ibanez has been trying to get at Bjorn for many years since T-Mac has been with them for a while too. Bjorn's a cool dude, there's no hard feelings and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. I might go see them next week when T-Mac comes by SD!
Chris Hong
Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars
Chris@KieselGuitars.com
https://www.facebook.com/chris.hong.9216
(P) 858.GUITARS
(858.484.8277)

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Randy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:26 pm

ChrisH wrote:...Bjorn's a cool dude, there's no hard feelings and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. I might go see them next week when T-Mac comes by SD!

This news makes me :D

Thanks Chris!

ChrisH
Kiesel Guitars Sales
Kiesel Guitars Sales

Postby ChrisH » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Randy wrote:
ChrisH wrote:...Bjorn's a cool dude, there's no hard feelings and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. I might go see them next week when T-Mac comes by SD!

This news makes me :D

Thanks Chris!

No worries! If you have a chance to see Bjorn and Tony tear it up it's a great show and I highly recommend it!
Chris Hong
Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars
Chris@KieselGuitars.com
https://www.facebook.com/chris.hong.9216
(P) 858.GUITARS
(858.484.8277)

jokh00

Postby jokh00 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:21 am

Such sad news, that my fellow Swede has left the company! I had some contact with Björn before purchasing my PB5, his demos and praise for the instrument were a deciding factor for me.

Return to Pro Players