The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby MatiasTolkki » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:31 am

My friend Kaz Horie was just announced today as the first Japanese Kiesel endorser! Take a look at this demo he did in Japanese for Kiesel, and if you want to hear some of his playing, I can post links to some old shows with his band Vigilante :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCxtwI5D5A&t=0s
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

User avatar
texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1877
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Duh, Im in Texas

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby texastoast » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:58 am

Pretty cool! I love his tone,it sounds deep and dark. I also like the guitar a bunch. Some bevels are too contrasting for me. I would take that one.
I also like his mane "KAZ". My brother in law's name is Kazioshi and that is what I call him.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby MatiasTolkki » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:34 am

His main band, Vigilante, is a technical thrash metal band, which relies on heavy riffing. That Aries is tuned down to drop C (played it a few weeks ago). Super heavy sounding, but drop C is definitely a one trick pony imo. Heavy riffs? Check. Anything else? Not really :/

He also has a DC727 in Drop A, so that's what he likes. Vigilante is an awesome band though, ALL the members are VERY technical and are INCREDIBLY talented.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

User avatar
texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1877
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Duh, Im in Texas

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby texastoast » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am

MatiasTolkki wrote:His main band, Vigilante, is a technical thrash metal band, which relies on heavy riffing. That Aries is tuned down to drop C (played it a few weeks ago). Super heavy sounding, but drop C is definitely a one trick pony imo. Heavy riffs? Check. Anything else? Not really :/

He also has a DC727 in Drop A, so that's what he likes. Vigilante is an awesome band though, ALL the members are VERY technical and are INCREDIBLY talented.


I just youtubed them. Not quite my thing but pretty good stuff. I was hoping it was in Japanese. I still have scars from loudness law of the devils land...."dis is da lar ob da deveels rand" You may be too young for that one. :lol:

I opened for Loudness in the early eightys in Danvill CA. It was a blast. I had no Idea who Alcatraz was so I hung out with Loudness and we had fun. Alcatraz headlined. Blew that opportunity to meet Yngwie Malmsteen and missed the show.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:28 am

texastoast wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:His main band, Vigilante, is a technical thrash metal band, which relies on heavy riffing. That Aries is tuned down to drop C (played it a few weeks ago). Super heavy sounding, but drop C is definitely a one trick pony imo. Heavy riffs? Check. Anything else? Not really :/

He also has a DC727 in Drop A, so that's what he likes. Vigilante is an awesome band though, ALL the members are VERY technical and are INCREDIBLY talented.


I just youtubed them. Not quite my thing but pretty good stuff. I was hoping it was in Japanese. I still have scars from loudness law of the devils land...."dis is da lar ob da deveels rand" You may be too young for that one. :lol:

I opened for Loudness in the early eightys in Danvill CA. It was a blast. I had no Idea who Alcatraz was so I hung out with Loudness and we had fun. Alcatraz headlined. Blew that opportunity to meet Yngwie Malmsteen and missed the show.


I know exactly who Loudness is, and knew who they were back in the day. I preferred EZO for my Japanese metal back then though :lol:

You opened for them? that's awesome! Were you in a fairly known band back then or just a local band? Really curious.

The Vigilante singer is an English teacher in middle school over here, and he makes it a point to pronounce everything perfectly. He practices a LOT to make sure his English is up to snuff so it sounds good when he sings.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

User avatar
texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1877
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Duh, Im in Texas

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby texastoast » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:32 am

We were a teenage local band. The venue was called "the stage" in Danville Ca. We played there quite a bit.The other local band was called "stormin". they also were regulars and got asked to fill in. Stormin almost made it big. They were real close. We all hung on the coat tales of Y&T.
I think the odds of someone my age from the east bay area reading this is slim. Our band was called Mid Winter Freeze. We were fairly hot for a short while. Drummer died, band leader went to Berkeley School of Music. Left me on my own devices. That never works out well :oops:

User avatar
Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1526
Joined: Feb 2013

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby Toptube » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Very cool to see Kiesel endorsing a Japanese player. I have been a Japanese rock fan, for about 11 years. And its the reason I play bass.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: The first Japanese Kiesel endorser!

Postby MatiasTolkki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Toptube wrote:Very cool to see Kiesel endorsing a Japanese player. I have been a Japanese rock fan, for about 11 years. And its the reason I play bass.


First ever Kiesel Japanese endorser :)

A lot of J-rock is garbage, especially recently.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10


Return to Pro Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests