Spotted: guitarist for Aeternam TL60

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Jbird
Gold Member
Gold Member

Spotted: guitarist for Aeternam TL60

Postby Jbird » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:34 am

Canadian Arabian-sounding death metal band Aeternam, the 2nd guitarist, Maxime Legault, using a Carvin TL60 in their latest video for their new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRNYK5zSCw

It was hard for me to tell what the name on the headstock read, but there's a quick second during the guitar solo where it can clearly be read.

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Spotted: guitarist for Aeternam TL60

Postby texastoast » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Cool.

I have one rule for any death metal. If you never hear any singing im out. This guy has a tolerable growl(im too old). And a nice singing voice. Still not my thing but I liked it.

I never think of tl60 and death metal for some reason. I always lump it in with a telecaster. It really has nothing to do with a tele. My stupid paradigm.

In this day and age you may get called a racist using the correct (of many) terms as Arabian. Some may take offence for some reason. It is also called the Gypsy mode. Probably a no no now. The old school is Byzantine scale might be off limits but I do not know if there are any byzantine left to offend. Double harmonic major sounds kida boring. I wonder if political correctness has taken over music yet.

Jbird
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Spotted: guitarist for Aeternam TL60

Postby Jbird » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 am

texastoast wrote:Cool.

I have one rule for any death metal. If you never hear any singing im out. This guy has a tolerable growl(im too old). And a nice singing voice. Still not my thing but I liked it.

I never think of tl60 and death metal for some reason. I always lump it in with a telecaster. It really has nothing to do with a tele. My stupid paradigm.

In this day and age you may get called a racist using the correct (of many) terms as Arabian. Some may take offence for some reason. It is also called the Gypsy mode. Probably a no no now. The old school is Byzantine scale might be off limits but I do not know if there are any byzantine left to offend. Double harmonic major sounds kida boring. I wonder if political correctness has taken over music yet.

As far as the Arabian thing goes, I do know the singer grew up in Morocco until his family moved to Canada when he was 13? I think. (Going on my sometimes lousy memory here of reading about him on the internet). So, while he's probably not of Arabian background, I'm sure some of that North African and Middle-Eastern music had an influence on some of the melodies he comes up with. That's all I meant by using the term Arabian death metal :)

Yeah, I never think of Tele-shaped guitars as metal guitars either.

Return to Pro Players