Greg Howe interview

Discuss Kiesel Guitars Endorsers and Professional Players

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Brian Johnston
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Greg Howe interview

Postby Brian Johnston » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 am

I'll be conducting an interview with Greg Howe (no exact date established). Are there specific questions anyone would like to ask... general questions or perhaps specific to his guitar?

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Greg Howe interview

Postby Greg Emm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

Very cool. Thanks for giving us the chance to ask questions.

Will the GH3 replace the GH24?

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:57 pm

His favorite pickups? What is his favorite style of music?
My Kiesel/Carvin collection: ST300 (M22SD bridge, S60A middle, Twin Blade neck), SCB6 (S22B bridge, S22J neck), Bolt Classic (AP11's in all positions), SH550 (S22T in the neck and bridge), AC375 and CL450. Also a Carvin V3M 50watt head with a Carvin 1x12 cabinet and Fender Jazz Bass.

Snoogans

Postby Snoogans » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:21 am

Although there are many gear and technique questions that I could ask, there is one thing that I'd really like to know - Why was the last band/album called "Maragold"?

Brian Johnston
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brian Johnston » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:06 am

Apparently the interview won't happen. I don't have telephone recording gear (he wanted a phone interview) and he doesn't type answers to an email.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

I used to have an app that could do it on my phone. I also used to have some free fax-from-computer software that would let me record land line phone calls, as well. I used to have to record conference calls (done trough a service that didn't offer it). I also had to record a call once for a video where I used that fax-from-pc (Modem Spy, I think it was called) recorded audio, but then also set up my own microphone on my end, and switched back and forth between audio sources depending on who was speaking.

Low-budget cell phone method: call the person, then use the "add caller" to make it a 3-way, but call your own voicemail. Once your VM starts recording, merge the calls. I've done that in a pinch when I didn't have a way to take down some important numbers right then. :lol:

Brian Johnston
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brian Johnston » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 am

I was doing this as a favor for Carl Martin (because I like the Greg Howe Lick Box); I don't have a call service that allows cheap or discounted calls to the USA, which means me calling him would cost $35 for an hour. Not a huge deal, but the idea of making the call and having to frig around with software, etc., doesn't interest me. I should add that I only have a land line and not a cell phone.

The other problem is this. Carl Martin agreed to give away a free lick box (maybe just a basic submission contest). However, I made four contacts over at Ultimate Guitar, who finally gave me an email to a woman in charge of marketing or something. She has never returned my email (that was two weeks back). Just before then I contacted Kiesel about doing a Greg Howe guitar contest (they can decide the terms), which would give them exposure on Ultimate Guitar. They passed on my message to the marketing department and no word (I don't mind a company saying 'no'). Therefore, there is lack of interest and I'm out.

Return to Pro Players