Texas Bash '07....

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:08 am

Cymbaline wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:No guarantees yet on a drummer (or two) for the bash. I'm trying to reach the guys that came two years ago...they were great.


I'll keep my fingers crossed.


We may need to cross more than fingers... :(
-------------------------
My Songs

"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
Cymbaline
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Cymbaline » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:15 am

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Cymbaline wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:No guarantees yet on a drummer (or two) for the bash. I'm trying to reach the guys that came two years ago...they were great.


I'll keep my fingers crossed.


We may need to cross more than fingers... :(


I know a few drummers here in Austin. Maybe I could persuade one to come up for the bash. But they're not Carvin users, so they might want to bother. I'll see what I can come up with.

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:48 am

Cymbaline wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Cymbaline wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:No guarantees yet on a drummer (or two) for the bash. I'm trying to reach the guys that came two years ago...they were great.


I'll keep my fingers crossed.


We may need to cross more than fingers... :(


I know a few drummers here in Austin. Maybe I could persuade one to come up for the bash. But they're not Carvin users, so they might want to bother. I'll see what I can come up with.


Wait and see if I hear back from the other guys first. If they can't, then we'll do a search for another drummer or two.
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

db3jed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Homer, LA

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby db3jed » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:18 am

Shane and I have officially been reached!!
How ya'll doin'?!
I've been gone so long I had to re-register on here.
I've checked the date thread and I'll run all of these dates by Shane and see what's good for him.
Oct. 20th is looking like the most promising date at this moment. At least for me.
I'll keep you posted.
SEEYA!!!

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 am

db3jed wrote:Shane and I have officially been reached!!
How ya'll doin'?!
I've been gone so long I had to re-register on here.
I've checked the date thread and I'll run all of these dates by Shane and see what's good for him.
Oct. 20th is looking like the most promising date at this moment. At least for me.
I'll keep you posted.
SEEYA!!!


Thanks Jamie...it would be awesome if you and Shane could make it again to the bash. :mrgreen:
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
Delta362
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: PA

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Delta362 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:44 am

Jamie and Shane,
Good to hear from you. I really enjoyed rocking out with y'all two years ago. Unfortunately, I have since moved to PA so I won't be able to attend. Take care!

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:49 am

Delta362 wrote:Jamie and Shane,
Good to hear from you. I really enjoyed rocking out with y'all two years ago. Unfortunately, I have since moved to PA so I won't be able to attend. Take care!


Sure ya can...just plan a nice vacation to good 'ol Texas. :mrgreen:
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
Jointus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Jointus » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:23 pm

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
db3jed wrote:Shane and I have officially been reached!!
How ya'll doin'?!
I've been gone so long I had to re-register on here.
I've checked the date thread and I'll run all of these dates by Shane and see what's good for him.
Oct. 20th is looking like the most promising date at this moment. At least for me.
I'll keep you posted.
SEEYA!!!


Thanks Jamie...it would be awesome if you and Shane could make it again to the bash. :mrgreen:


Yup, I'd cash in my 401K and quit my job to make it to a bash with Jamie and Shane doing drums! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Delta362
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: PA

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Delta362 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Are you hinting around for me, jointus? :mrgreen:

db3jed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Homer, LA

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby db3jed » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Jointus wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
db3jed wrote:Shane and I have officially been reached!!
How ya'll doin'?!
I've been gone so long I had to re-register on here.
I've checked the date thread and I'll run all of these dates by Shane and see what's good for him.
Oct. 20th is looking like the most promising date at this moment. At least for me.
I'll keep you posted.
SEEYA!!!


Thanks Jamie...it would be awesome if you and Shane could make it again to the bash. :mrgreen:


Yup, I'd cash in my 401K and quit my job to make it to a bash with Jamie and Shane doing drums! :mrgreen:


LOL!!
Jointus, dude, yer' killin' me here!!
And yeah Delta, check into that vacation to TX thing!!

fishbass
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas , TX

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby fishbass » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:41 pm

you say it is in decatur ?
Is that the same decatur that's about 20 miles west of Denton ?

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 am

fishbass wrote:you say it is in decatur ?
Is that the same decatur that's about 20 miles west of Denton ?


That's the same Decatur. The bash is actually in Bridgeport which is about 7 miles or so West of Decatur on 380, but you've got the right Decatur.
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:28 am

Well...next saturday looks to be fun. :mrgreen:

I need to know for sure who will be here and who can't make it so I can make sure that we get enough food. Here's the list of people I have coming for sure...

Jointus w/Nicole
Nightrain
Peb & SC
Mgood
Jamie & Shane (I'll double check with them)
Hankwillow (new board member)
Dazed (check with him again also)

Not sure about Carvinaddict, RML, Carlton, MGW, cymballine, fishbass, Dime420...

My Gpa and a family will be there along with maybe a couple of other friends dropping by.

Here's the people who are out (maybe it'll change?): Riv, Delta (take a plane :mrgreen: ), Millo, Emux (still hoping he'll send his HF2 down for me to play :mrgreen: )
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

Grem
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: New Orleans Area

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Grem » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:30 am

I know I haven't posted in a while, but my new job is really taping me out. It's a great job, but not much time for anything else.

Hope to be there next year. Ya'll have a great time! Wish I could have been to this one to see mgood again.

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:57 am

Jamie just e-mailed me...they had to cancel their plans and won't be able to make it again this year. :(

I'll see if I can do anything to find some drums, but at this point I doubt it will happen. Sorry guys... :(
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:42 am

Another update...I've found someone who was going to be there part of the day to play some drums who says he'll let us use his drum set. This is good news...he won't be able to be there all day, but he's going to let me borrow his drums, so we can still use them after he has to leave. Does anyone else know how to play drums a little? I'm going to try to reach the guy who plays drums for us at church and see if he would like to come and play also... [-o<
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
Jointus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby Jointus » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 pm

We will make it work.......we always do! :mrgreen:
I'll bring the beat making devices that I have. (Tambourine, egg shakers, feet, midi module, guitar synth, funk fingers)
Bring midi files for any unusual songs that you want to do. (I have 'lots already).
Maybe the IHOP manager knows a drummer.
:?:

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:28 am

Jointus wrote:We will make it work.......we always do! :mrgreen:
I'll bring the beat making devices that I have. (Tambourine, egg shakers, feet, midi module, guitar synth, funk fingers)
Bring midi files for any unusual songs that you want to do. (I have 'lots already).
Maybe the IHOP manager knows a drummer.
:?:


One of the managers there goes to church with me, so yeah...he knows the same drummer I do from church. :mrgreen:
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy

User avatar
emux2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 311
Joined: Jan 2007

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby emux2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:55 am

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:Well...next saturday looks to be fun. :mrgreen:




Here's the people who are out (maybe it'll change?): Riv, Delta (take a plane :mrgreen: ), Millo, Emux (still hoping he'll send his HF2 down for me to play :mrgreen: )


Well, you can borrow it but you have to come get it. Oh, and it still has the red strings on it. I guess that proves I don't have the acid sweat that some are cursed with.

User avatar
T-Bone-BBQ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Links/Contact:

Re: re: Texas Bash '07....

Postby T-Bone-BBQ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:12 pm

emux2 wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:Well...next saturday looks to be fun. :mrgreen:




Here's the people who are out (maybe it'll change?): Riv, Delta (take a plane :mrgreen: ), Millo, Emux (still hoping he'll send his HF2 down for me to play :mrgreen: )


Well, you can borrow it but you have to come get it. Oh, and it still has the red strings on it. I guess that proves I don't have the acid sweat that some are cursed with.


If I'd have known that a coupla weeks ago I would have stopped by. I was up in Moore and OKC for a Friday and Saturday. :wall:
-------------------------

My Songs



"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy


Return to Carvinite Gatherings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest