SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Postby Raymeous » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 am

Hey there kids.

I've been talking with Arellanan and LeftyAJ and we're planning on getting together at my place in San Diego (20-30 minutes south of the Carvin factory) for a jam session and cook out. It was originally intended to be a chance for a couple of Carvin geeks to hang out so I thought I would extend that invitation to our forum family here at the Carvin site.

Carvin gear on hand will include:

X100B with 6L6's
X100B with EL34's
G412T with Carvin speakers
G412T with Celestion Vintage 30's
BRX 10.4 Neo
AG100D

C66T (my avatar)
HF2 walnut top
LB76 with dual HB's

There's also a drum kit (and people to play it!) and a bunch of other amps and gear to play with and try out. I know Arellanon and AJ will be bringing their lefty guitars as well and maybe an amp or two. So it should be a fun day of noodling and talkin' gear.

As for the cook out it will be the usual grilling fare of burgers and brats. If you want something else by all means feel free to bring it. Of course spouses/girlfriends are welcome as are the munchkins, however, there is an open pool with no fence. You will be responsible for your rugrats safety. Just sayin'

So it starts Sunday morning at around 10am and goes to whenever but amplified jamming stops at 10pm regardless. I realize it's kind of late notice but this was originally just going to be a pair of knuckleheads talking shop. For directions and phone numbers just send me or Arellanon a PM. Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Raymeous on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: SAN DIEGO MINI BASH JULY 18TH

Postby arellanon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:19 am

Oh man, sounds like fun........ :mrgreen: :applause:

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:22 am

I'm taking the HF2 up to the store today to see if the good folks at Carvin can hook me up with a new jack. It's been being rather intermittent with lots of ground noise. I can't really afford to do the pick up swap and control rearrangement I want to do at the moment but I figure I should try to get this thing working prior to the party. Maybe I'll even be able to finish the assembly of my much neglected bolt kit. :wink:

Don't worry folks I'm sure the cameras will be rolling during this, so there should be plenty of pics for you to :drool: over.

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:41 pm

dvlsadvc8t - That was a nice bolt and it was still there today. Once you get back to San Diego be sure and let me know. Definitely gotta jam.

So I dropped off the HF2 for some work (supposed to be done in time for the bash) and I talked to Flock about the weekend jam. He's a cool character that works in Carvin's showroom. He said he's interested and wants to come out but his wife may or may not have a car show modeling session. She owns a classic T-bird and she does the old school pin up stuff. Anyway if all goes well he'll be showing up with a Legacy half stack and his new DC747 among other goodies. So potentially speaking we could be lucky enough to have two X100B and one Legacy half stacks to play with. Fun!!

Also an old band mate and buddy of mine contacted me today for the fist time in forever. He'll be coming to the gig as well which is gonna be a blast. He plays just about everything and is a heck of a singer and all around good guy. Did I mention he owns a Carvin DC135 and 6 string fretless? Yeah buddy.

I am so jazzed about how this whole thing is building up I can't wait. Talk about a total Carvin weekend. There's a Craig Chaquico Clinic on Saturday the 17th, and then a bash at my place on Sunday 18th. Carvinite paradise! Again any Carvin geeks that are in the SoCal area (San Diego, Orange, LA) are more than welcome. Just send me a PM for directions or questions.

:rockon:

IronPaws
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IronPaws » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 pm

If I'm able to, I could show up (I live in poway) and bring my Koa body and neck CT6m with spalted maple top and my 1984 DC200 with messed up custom paint job ;)

I also have a early '90's X100B 2X12 (the shaggy one) that sounds awesome!

(And possibly a belaire - unless I sell it before then)

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Cool! The more the merrier. Or is that the noisier? A Belair would be an awesome addition to the party as would your CT! Man koa and spalt on the same guitar?! :shock: Of course so would the fuzzy X100. Ah heck just bring what you've got or whatever fits in the car. :D

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 am

:cry:
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: re: SAN DIEGO MINI BASH JULY 18TH

Postby arellanon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 pm

ElfDude wrote::cry:

Come join us Elf! You bring your accordion and I bring mine; we'll play polkas all day long!

BTW, my first instrument indeed was the accordion. :mrgreen: :applause:

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22 pm

arellanon wrote:

Come join us Elf! You bring your accordion and I bring mine; we'll play polkas all day long!

Then you actually know how to play! When we perform I'm only using my right hand. :oops:
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby arellanon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:13 am

ElfDude wrote:
arellanon wrote:

Then you actually know how to play! When we perform I'm only using my right hand. :oops:

The accordion is actually one of the easiest instruments to play. A press of a single finger from your left hand will produce a whole chord while you play the melody on your right. Wish the guitar was that easy, lol.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:11 am

arellanon wrote:The accordion is actually one of the easiest instruments to play. A press of a single finger from your left hand will produce a whole chord while you play the melody on your right. Wish the guitar was that easy, lol.

I get the theory of the left hand. It's just doing it properly that I haven't mastered yet. :mrgreen:

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:17 am

Accordion? Really? Well I used to play violin many many moons ago... so who am I to talk.

Good news! I have secured a PA system for the bash. We can now do vocals. Or at least our mouths can move and make noises and it will be amplified. Hmmm maybe not such good news after all. :think:

Arellanon suggested playing Running with the Devil from Van Halen. I'm thinking Sharp Dressed Man from ZZ top is pretty easy as well. If you have any song suggestions let me know, and I will try to get copies of lyrics and the tabs or chord charts of some kind printed up. I do realize we could just do 5 hours of 12 bar blues jams but I think even we'd be ready to kill each other after that.

We have a couple of basses available: LB76 and an LB76F with the possible addition of an Ibanez Soundgear 5 string. I don't know how many people are going to be comfortable on these, so if anyone has a basic four string floating around would you be so kind as to bring it. Please and thank you.

More info soon.....

EDIT: I was wrong. Matt has an XB76FP not an LB76F
Last edited by Raymeous on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am

Raymeous wrote:Accordion? Really? Well I used to play violin many many moons ago... so who am I to talk.

Yup. Accordion. It makes for a fun performance of Istanbul (Not Constantinople) in the middle of all the oldies and classic rock tunes. :)

And I played the cello all through school. I think that fretless training is helping me a little with my LB76F these days.

Kyle
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:05 pm

In that second pick your hair is trying to take off (eh?)

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Kyle wrote:In that second pick your hair is trying to take off (eh?)

Cowards! They've been taking off for years!

mgood

Postby mgood » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I was going to say that I wish I still lived there so I could go.

But if there's going to be accordian playing . . . maybe it's best that I'm out of state. :ninja:

:P
C66, MAH, FTG4, RNC, RIN, FPH4, BMF, NIN, STF, R12, 407, G, GL, SL
B40, 5MW, QSR, DTS, QPH, V, 50, BMF, NIN, STF, R14, SL, GL, BC
B40F, QTB, DTS, QPH, V, R14, H5A, AC, MBS, MVB, SL, WL

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

mgood wrote:I was going to say that I wish I still lived there so I could go.

But if there's going to be accordian playing . . . maybe it's best that I'm out of state. :ninja:

:P

:shh: I'm with ya man :ninja:

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Don't worry. Not only can I not come, I wouldn't event think to bring that thing to a Carvin bash. :)

mgood

Postby mgood » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 pm

You know I'm just messin' with ya. :P
C66, MAH, FTG4, RNC, RIN, FPH4, BMF, NIN, STF, R12, 407, G, GL, SL

B40, 5MW, QSR, DTS, QPH, V, 50, BMF, NIN, STF, R14, SL, GL, BC

B40F, QTB, DTS, QPH, V, R14, H5A, AC, MBS, MVB, SL, WL

mixalot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member