SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: SAN DIEGO MINI BASH JULY 18TH

Postby Raymeous » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Yezzir! San Diego bash is less than 24 hours away!

The furniture has been moved out of the living room and dining room, and the gear has been moved downstairs. It looks pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. The "Wall of Noise" has been reassembled and is ready to go. I may have to throw down a moving blanket on the floor to absorb some of the echo (tile floor) but regardless its going to be a blast. I've even changed out the ceiling can lights to multi-colored bulbs (red, blue, green, etc) and the way my kitchen/dining/living room line up you can see from the kitchen bar, all the way through. At night it almost looks like a nightclub! BTW the Carvin T-shirts have since been hung on the wall behind the kit.

I have a family member bringing his rather nice camera to take some shots of the jams and to do artsy pics of the guitars and basses. Time for free promo pics kids. I also talked to my dad and got the ok to steal his video camera for the event. Fun fun! The food has been picked up as has an extra tank for the grill. Fortunately pay day just rolled around and I was able to pick up a Squier P Bass Special, so we now have a regular 4 banger for those folks that are intimidated by the 6 string basses.

Again anyone that can make it is more than welcome to show up. I'm going to the Craig Chaquico clinic in just under 2 hours so I'll try to get some more people to come out from there!

Anyway here's a quick (and rather blurry) phone pic about halfway through the set up:

:rockon:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:02 pm

That's awesome, sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey guys its the night before the big day so as requested by my buddy Derryck (a.k.a. Mixalot) I'm posting some better pics. Across from the drums is my AG100D with a small mixer tied into the PA.

WALL ART:

THE WALL OF NOISE:
From Left to Right: Johnson Millennium 2x12, GSP1101 & Mesa, my X100B (white), my friend Ernie's X100B (black), Fender Bassman 60 & BRX 10.4 Neo. The 1101 is currently wired into the FX loop of my X100 while the Johnson is going into the Mesa.

THE GUITARS AND BASSES:
First off yes that is an old 90's era DC135 with Kahler, Jackson style pointy, and 3 EMG SA's. It belongs to my buddy Matt as does the matching XB76F. From left to right: XB76F, LB76, Squier P-Bass Special (how'd that sneak in there? :wink: ), HF2, C66T, and DC135K

THE KIT:
Its a Sonor Force 3001 with a mix of cymbals. I just bought it from my roommate.

Man I need to clean that thing up for tomorrow :oops:

Warning this kit protected by Skelletor. He's either rocking out or about to take over Eternia. Im not sure which.

I hope you enjoyed the tease. :stir:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

emmettsc
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby emmettsc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Man, I'm almost tempted to drive down there tomorrow!!!!! :think:
Last edited by emmettsc on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: re: SAN DIEGO MINI BASH JULY 18TH

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:14 pm

emmettsc wrote:Man, I'm almost tempted to drive to there tomorrow!!!!! :think:

Me, too. :lol:

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 am

DO IT!!! Bring it on! If the gear isn't enough to get you moving how about some free food? Burgers and beer brat's hot off the grill. :drool: mmmmmmmm. I have a guest room so if you need to crash over I've got the space.

Emmettsc are you just north of Ventura? That's a bit of a drive but not overly long. Of course my perspective is warped since I used to drive a truck from San Diego, to Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernadino, and Riverside counties, then back home about every week. That's a long day :? Anyway grab yer git-fiddle and some tunes for the road and head on down.

Now Spud you would have a drive on your hands but it's still doable. Probably not a "Sunday drive" if you want to stay employed come Monday morning though. :wink:

emmettsc
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby emmettsc » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Ya, just north of Ventura. Couldn't muster up the strength to do it Raymeous. Hope you guys had a killer day. It was so beautiful in SoCal today too! I'm sure the grub was awesome and the jamming kicked butt. Can wait to see some pics!

mixalot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby mixalot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, like emmettsc said, can't wait to see some pics. It's been a whole day now :mrgreen: .

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Postby Raymeous » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey boys and girls! I finally have some pics of an amazing and fun filled day.

It was a combination of a Carvin Bash, cook out, and pool party and I think everyone had a good time cause nobody wanted to leave. The last person left after 11pm! Sorry to disappoint but every clip we got came out terribly overloaded and distorted. :cry:

So here we go in no particular order....

James mans the grill and instantly becomes the most popular guy at the party! He's no rockstar but everybody wanted to be his friend!

People enjoying the cookout (from left to right, James, Dan, Shelly, AJ, Me, and Matt) Yeah its a goofy angle I know. :oops: My dad's place is next door so we knocked out the fence between houses. Thats his pool you see in the background.

Amber dishing up some of her amazing mac n' cheese. Seriously you need to come out here just for this! And to think, not even a single calorie! :wink:

Dan "The Pirate" shivering some timbers:

Forum member LeftyAJ with his ST300C and Dan. This is Dan's first encounter with Carvin goodies. I think he's was really impressed especially when I told him how little an X100B halfstack sells for. Future Carvinite? His final comment before leaving "Man I'm gonna have to check into that amp."

AJ shows off his first Carvin, an ST300C

Don and Matt somewhere during "Limelight", a song I really need to work on. I did a total hack job of the solo. Nailed the beginning of it and then spaced out completely. :oops:

My crazy roommate Danny broke out a headband and started yellin' "Loverboy!" He he. A few bars of "Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend" followed soon after. I don't even know if thats one of their songs?!

Then he followed it up later that night with an Ozzy impersonation! Gotta love it. :laughhard:

Aj: "How'd that solo go again?" (L2R: Me, AJ, Don, Shelly, and Matt)

Kayla sporting the horns for "I Love Rock n' Roll!" (L2R: Matt, AJ, Kayla, and Me)

The girls (Kayla, Amber, and Shelly) prepping for another tune.

The ladies rockin out to "Hit Me with Your Best Shot". We even got the neighbors to sing on that one! Stupid fun!

Shelly picking out the next song for us to butcher:

Comfortably Numb:

End solos to Comfortably Numb. Gotta love AJ's rocker lead pose! (L2R: Me, Jonathan Cain, and Aj)

My turn to noodle: (L2R: Me, AJ, and Don)

Raymeous is one happy camper: (At least until he sees pictures of himself. God I need to lose some weight :oops:)
The end of a long day of fun:

I hope you enjoyed the show and :rockon:

- Chris -

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

re: SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Indeed. :( Looks like it was a blast. And, not a sausage fest. *laughs*

arellanon
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby arellanon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 am

>_<

Had to work!

>_<

But at least you guys had a blast! Man that jam room is really cool!

:)

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:24 am

Looks like a good time was had by all!
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

emmettsc
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby emmettsc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Man, I'm bummed I couldn't go down there :cry:

How loud did it get???? :D

sAvAgE
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Postby sAvAgE » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

emmettsc wrote:Man, I'm bummed I couldn't go down there :cry:

How loud did it get???? :D

yeah that would have been great to go to! :mrgreen:
=================
DC127T | X100B IV | next???

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:27 pm

:D Yeah it was a lot of fun -

Spud - Sausage Fest? Hell no we had burgers to. :wink: I didn't post the bikini pics 'cause this is a family show and I'm trying to stay within the PG boundaries of the forum rules.

ElfDude / Savage - Yup it was a blast. If you're ever headed out this way keep me posted and we'll do it again.

arellanon - Aj was bummed, he wanted to meet up with another lefty, but there will be opportunities for you guys to jam I'm sure. Oh the "Jam room" is actually my living room with the amps piled up in front of the fireplace. There are advantages to being single sometimes... like having a house full of musicians rockin out for example.

emnmettsc - It got pretty dang loud. Fortunately I hit Ace Hardware and picked up a bunch of earplugs before the party. AJ likes the "arena vibe" if you follow me.

For those in the area (more or less) the next time I decide to do one of these I will make sure to give a more advanced notice than this last time. That way we can coordinate our schedules a little better. If you just want to come down and keep it low key we can do that anytime. But for a big event we'll need to plan ahead.

:rockon:

Spoons
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Spoons » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:05 am

Looks like fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shallowmind
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Shallowmind » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Looks like you had a great time. I would have butchered all of the solos - so don't feel bad.

Elf - Istanbul not Constantinople by They Might Be Giants. If so that is a great song. I would like to hear you play that. Have not heard it in years used to listen to it all the time. But It has fallen way to Skynyrd and The Cars and STP and SRV and so on and so forth. OK enough babbling.

ElfDude

Re: re: SAN DIEGO BASH JULY 2010 (PIC HEAVY!)

Postby ElfDude » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Shallowmind wrote:Elf - Istanbul not Constantinople by They Might Be Giants. If so that is a great song.

That's the one. Though They Might Be Giants also did it as a cover. I think the original was a hit in 1954, done be The Four Lads.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

EricFeliciano
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby EricFeliciano » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 am

Man you guys gotta do this again next year

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:52 am

Next year?! Why wait! Ha ha.

Guys just keep me posted as to when you want to come down and we can set this up anytime. We just have to plan far enough ahead that everyone can make it to the event. Plus we need to solidify a set list of sorts. We sorta had one but it could have been better if we had a full set list and time to learn the tunes. Still fun either way though.

Return to Carvinite Gatherings