Ohio anyone?

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

maxpower
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re: Ohio anyone?

Postby maxpower » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:26 am

I work in Troy. I live 30 minutes south.

What Carvin gear do you have?

I have a 4x12 with Carvin GT12s
V3 amp
DC127
CT4m
Bolt kit

lowendblues

Postby lowendblues » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:25 am

ICON 4P, BB70, B4, and a BX210 for the moment, but I've had a ton of Carvin gear over the years.

plong123
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby plong123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Columbus Carvin bassist here. I've got an AC40F and a spalted maple SB5000. My buddy who also lives in Central OH has got some pretty sick Brombergs and a Vanquish on the way.

jfo3000
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jfo3000 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:50 am

Independence Ohio, ten minutes south of Cleveland.

I'm interested in an event like this, depending on schedule and location, but unfortunately
don't have a space to host one myself.

If anyone is setting one up please let me know!
JB200C, ST300
Some of my guitar videos:
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Ohio anyone?

Postby UnexplodedCow » Wed May 31, 2017 1:42 pm

So, years later, and nothing has yet happened.

How would people feel about a central Ohio meet? I've never done this, and have no idea, but imagine it could range from just meeting at a local park to actually renting a venue. Any ideas?
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

X1Glider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: Ohio anyone?

Postby X1Glider » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

UnexplodedCow wrote:I noticed this is an older thread. Ravenswood, WV. I used to live there a few years ago, now about an hour south.

It'd be nice to meet someone other people in person who are familiar with Carvin, because so far I don't know of anyone else in my area (Charleston, WV) who owns one, or who even has anything more than a passing interest in them beyond Fender, Gibson, and the plethora of other brands (particularly cheap ones) floating around.

My mom was born and raised in Raleigh/Beckley, so I spent a LOT of time in W.Va. and go back every few years to hang with some friends and see my aunt in Oak Hill. I'd be on a motorcycle as usual but I'd give you a holler, from the holler, next time I'm in the area. If anything, to grab a brew or 2.

Geez, used to live in other areas near some of these guys. Milford (near Cinci) and Perrysburg (near Toledo). I'm due for a trip back to P-burg to see some friends. Again on the bike.

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:09 pm

X1Glider wrote:
UnexplodedCow wrote:I noticed this is an older thread. Ravenswood, WV. I used to live there a few years ago, now about an hour south.

It'd be nice to meet someone other people in person who are familiar with Carvin, because so far I don't know of anyone else in my area (Charleston, WV) who owns one, or who even has anything more than a passing interest in them beyond Fender, Gibson, and the plethora of other brands (particularly cheap ones) floating around.

My mom was born and raised in Raleigh/Beckley, so I spent a LOT of time in W.Va. and go back every few years to hang with some friends and see my aunt in Oak Hill. I'd be on a motorcycle as usual but I'd give you a holler, from the holler, next time I'm in the area. If anything, to grab a brew or 2.

Geez, used to live in other areas near some of these guys. Milford (near Cinci) and Perrysburg (near Toledo). I'm due for a trip back to P-burg to see some friends. Again on the bike.

That's funny. I finally moved away from WV almost six years to the day, after having spent nearly twenty there, and this year, finally sold off any property tying me to the state. Aside from a few friends who may receive a visit, I don't really get back that way these days. Escaping that place was a struggle I don't wish to duplicate, but I live in central Ohio now, so if you do find yourself this way, and want to see a pink Zeus, let me know.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

X1Glider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby X1Glider » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 pm

UnexplodedCow wrote:
X1Glider wrote:

That's funny. I finally moved away from WV almost six years to the day, after having spent nearly twenty there, and this year, finally sold off any property tying me to the state. Aside from a few friends who may receive a visit, I don't really get back that way these days. Escaping that place was a struggle I don't wish to duplicate, but I live in central Ohio now, so if you do find yourself this way, and want to see a pink Zeus, let me know.

Guess I didn't pay attention to the post date. Well, you're somewhere with more opportunity, so good on you. My friends seem to be stuck in W.Va. too, always toying with the idea of getting out. But that costs money. Roads for motorcycling suck in OH though. :lol:

Return to Carvinite Gatherings