Next Texas Bash?

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re: Next Texas Bash?

Postby ajeffcote » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey, I'm ready to jam. We need a place and a time. My home life is a little tumultous at the present, so my place is not an option. At least for a while.

Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Catman10 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am

I know there is a GC in Sugarland that has practice rooms that are setup with amps and drums. It's just off of Hwy 59 South of Beltway 8 and the Hwy. 90 exit. How does that sound? Plus there are some great places to eat at on the other side of the parking lot.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: Next Texas Bash?

Postby PJCruz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Cool.. there's also one in Pasadena that just opened a short while ago.. they also have the "studio" too.

Just another option... there's a Chili's, Applebee, Olive Garden and Mexican places within spitting distance too.

Catman10 wrote:I know there is a GC in Sugarland that has practice rooms that are setup with amps and drums. It's just off of Hwy 59 South of Beltway 8 and the Hwy. 90 exit. How does that sound? Plus there are some great places to eat at on the other side of the parking lot.

cgreer

Postby cgreer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:05 am

So far, it looks like we have 3 or 4 from the east side, which would be closer to the Pasadena store. I'm only about 5 minutes away from that one. However, I don't mind driving across town if need be.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 am

Haha.. yeah, me too... in fact I work across the street from GC too. ROFL!! I run in there when I can on my lunch break... its funny. I'm usually the best dressed one in there whenever I am.. and I get all these looks.. UNTIL i pickup a guitar.... Whaaaaaaaaa!!!! LOL!!!

:rockon:

cgreer wrote:So far, it looks like we have 3 or 4 from the east side, which would be closer to the Pasadena store. I'm only about 5 minutes away from that one. However, I don't mind driving across town if need be.

Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Catman10 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Pasadena, Sugarland, or wherever...I'm in.

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am

I guess I have been asleep. LOL! I'm in on whatever, wherever. PJ, I'm goin' for donuts later. What's yout bro-in-law's name?

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:36 pm

He's a pretty shy guy.. and is probably hiding out in the office. Though he usually is only there will about 10am or so would be my guess.

ajeffcote wrote:I guess I have been asleep. LOL! I'm in on whatever, wherever. PJ, I'm goin' for donuts later. What's yout bro-in-law's name?

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, I can talk to the store manager here at the Pasadena store and ask him if he's OK with us having a little "Carvin party" at his store.. I know HE and other associates there LOVE Carvin (one actually has two Carvin's of his own).

The "studio" part of the Pasadena location really would only be for private instruction... so we would likely be jamming out in the store with everyone. =) Maybe we can have them setup a few amps on the side for us to hang and chat (and show other patrons our Carvins ;-)

The Sugarland location DOES have a band rehearsal room setup.. including being able to RECORD the whole session as well. They apparently have a Marshall and Egnater in each room ready to go too.

Upto you guys...

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

I actually went in today to the Pasadena store and managed to speak with Matt the store manager. We chatted a few minutes and he gave me a tour of the "Studios" at GC. In any case, they DO have a couple of rooms with room for several amps AND a drum set (in fact they each have a drum set (and one of the rooms had TWO DRUMSETS)...

SO, if you guys wanna give it a go.. they suggested Saturdays. After about 3pm all the lessons die off... so we've have a run of the place. Now, I am working this weekend... but maybe NEXT WEEKEND? We can hook up from say 4pm to say 7... or whatever you guys want. The guys even volunteered to move around amps/drums etc to make us as comfy as possible.

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Way to go, PJ! That sounds pretty cool. So we can use their amps? Any charges involved? I was in there right before I ordered my CS, and Matt was trying to sell me a used PRS Singlecut. I'll have to show off my Carvin Singlecut! :D

And I think next weekend is open for me as well.
Last edited by ajeffcote on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cgreer

Postby cgreer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 pm

I need to check, but I'm pretty sure I am free next weekend.

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 am

Come on guys, are we up for next Saturday?

Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Catman10 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm

This coming Sat. is not so good for me because I have gigs Fri., Sat., and Sun. How about the 27th?

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Sorry guys.. this weekend will be bad for me.. and as luck would have it.. I got roped into some extra work that will tie up much of my free time going forward.. at least for the forseeable future.. but I'll keep my eyes open here just in case...

cgreer

Postby cgreer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 am

Ah, too bad. I'm available on the 27th as well if we can get something set up then. Otherwise, let's try again in November.

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I hostd two in San Diego (2010 and 2011) but had to skip hosting this year (2012) due to being in the hospital instead. :cry:

It does take some work, but I have some very understanding neighbors (it helps when you invite them to the cook-out) and I own a crap ton of gear, but it does pretty much degenerate into blues jams to various degrees of quality.

The truth be told as much fun as the jamming is, the point of the thing is to have an excuse to hang out with some people you may or may not normally get to hang out with and meet some new folks. You get to talk gear, try out eachothers musical toys and just kill a Saturaday in a way that you normally don't. It's an event. A moment in time that you get to look back on and enjoy with a smile.

There are no formal rules or requirements on hosting a bash. You just have to take care of the smiling and dialing to connect the dots. Make sure there's some food and drinks, and depending on how big a group you have, get a place to host it. Nothing says it has to be a huge deal, even just hanging out with 5 Carvinites is enough for me.

:rockon:
"Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but sometimes we have to paint it on ourselves" - Me

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 am

For the North Texas Carvinistas--SAM ASH MUSIC on US75 in north Dallas has open jam sessions every Tuesday. The cycle is blues, bass, metal, acoustic, first-through-fourth Tuesday. I plan to be a regular at the blues session, went to my first one this month and it was a gas.

People admired Natalie mightily. :)

Icepick

Postby Icepick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:06 am

I would be interested. My CT6M arrives in May. I currently spend most of my time playing my Hagstrom Viking. I'm a keyboard player who started my first rock band in '77 playing bass. I started playing guitar a few years ago and I'm a decent rhythm player, but I don't pretend to be anything more than I am. I'd be happy if I could become as comfortable on the guitar as I am on the bass and keyboard. I've been playing in country/classic rock bands for 5 decades, playing my first paying gig in 1978. I'm nobody special but I've opened up for Kevin Fowler, the Dixie Chicks, Johnny Bush, and a few others I can't remember the names of right now. I'm in the Waco area but would be willing to travel if maybe someone in my area would want to share a ride if it were a long way. I can be in Austin or Dallas in about 2hrs. I'll check back with this thread periodically. 8)
CT6M. Deep Orangeburst quilted top.
"your signature is too long" is what I got when I tried listing guitars, keyboards, and amps I currently use. Maybe I should sell some stuff to make room for new Carvin gear?

Return to Carvinite Gatherings