San Diego 2012 Bash Apology (Pic heavy)

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

San Diego 2012 Bash Apology (Pic heavy)

Postby Raymeous » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey there folks.

As you may already be aware of, I hosted two bashes at my house here in San Diego (2010 and 2011) but was not able to host one this year. Unfortunately I never really explained why and I feel I owe my Carvin friends an apology.

The reason I didn't host the party this year is that I ended up in the hospital instead. So back in May, 3 days after I turned 40, I ended up at the hospital and was diagnosed with a rare neurological condition called ADEM. In my case an MRI discovered that I had several splits in the mylan coating protecting the nerves in my spinal cord. This caused some numbness and extreme weakness in my legs, even to the point were I could not walk for about a week and a half. So as you can guess I was in no mood or condition to lug 100 pound cabinets from my upstairs jam room to the garage to host another bash. The good news is that I am back on my feet, and even though I'm not at 100%, I'm confident that it will get better (crosses fingers).

I'm not fishing for sympathy or anything like that, (believe me I've done enough "whoa is me" for a dozen people) but I was just reading another post about bashes or lack there of and felt that I really need to address the San Diego 2012 bash and why I wasn't able to host it. So again I'd like to say I'm sorry for not keeping my forum friends in the loop regarding the San Diego/Alpine/Orange county bash.

All that being said I am motivated to make the 2013 the biggest one yet! So I'll be trying to work that one up for the next 4th of July (our normal weekend for the bash).

So if you've taken the time to read all of this here are some pics from the previous bashes:

Me (the guy with no jawline :oops: ), Lefty AJ, and Don (on the drums)

Don and Matt on his XB76F (Can you tell it's also a pool party?)

The Girls: Kayla, Amber, and Shelly picking the next song for us to ruin

Dan "The Pirate"

Flock's sparkle finished SB. By the way he did this himself, and it is not a Carvin option.

Anyway I hope you folks enjoyed the pics and have a great day. :rockon:
"Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but sometimes we have to paint it on ourselves" - Me

Randy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: San Diego 2012 Bash Apology (Pic heavy)

Postby Randy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Good to hear your feeling better!

Thanks for the pics- Always enjoy seeing photos of the gear being put to use ;)

tbonesullivan
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby tbonesullivan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Good luck with your illness! I have a friend with MS, which I believe is somewhat similar, and it is somewhat life changing, but as long as you roll with it and take care of yourself, that usually can help mitigate it a lot.
Guitars: Bolt in Electric Blue, Cobalt 750T
Basses: B4A in classic sunburst , B5 in sunsetburst, XB75 in TPB, PB4 in Blue Burst, LB70F in Pearl blue

Hairmacht
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Hairmacht » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am

Wish you all the best, I'm glad you're better now! When this next bash happens I'll make sure I drive down to SD from LA to be a part of it!

Raymeous
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Raymeous » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

TBONE -
Yes what I have is similar to MS. With MS the splits in the mylan happen over time and keep popping up, while with ADEM it tends to be all at once and a one time thing. I talked with my neurologist on Friday and it looks like another MRI is in my future. Hopefully its fixing itself and I can go on with my life and forget about all of this crap. :roll:

Hairmacht -
It would be great to meet with you at the next one. So the first one was very last minute, and the second went a bit better. Like I said now that we missed 2012, I think 2013 needs to be even bigger to make up for lost time. Even though I was running around playing host, it was still a lot of fun. Heck we even had a father son jam playin' Zep and Santana. Oh and Flock got behind the kit and showed off his drumming chops for his wife... and the food... oh my! :drool:
"Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but sometimes we have to paint it on ourselves" - Me

MadMike23
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MadMike23 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 pm

If I didn't live all the way the hell on the other side of the country, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Jams are SO much fun!

And, BTW, GET BETTER!
Basses:
2010 IC4P clear quilt ("White Tiger")
2012 IC5P sunset burst ("Eternal Flame")
2017 VM59K vintage yellow ("Bumblebee")
Amp: Carvin BX1500, BR210 and BR118 cabinets ("The Stack of Doom")
Effects: Boss ME-50B

Return to Carvinite Gatherings