Evster IS a Carvinite Gathering

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Evster IS a Carvinite Gathering

Postby gumbynotpokey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Evster is missed. Can someone get him back in here?

....perhaps a note will help....

Evster,
We, those who agree and that's all of us, consider you "the man." We tossed you so many photoshop requests we embarrassed ourselves, but our GAS drove us to do it. And your awesome work in transforming our imaginations into a sneak peek. But now, it's not what you did for us. We miss YOU in an internet sense. On a personal note, your post count was starting to get up there, but that's ok. Spud is back now, and we still have Elf, so the pressure is off. What I'm trying to say is, "We miss you, dude. Where you at? COME HOME NOW."
Sincerely,
the undersigned

PS to the Forum: someone email this guy and get him back in here....someone's GOTTA have his address

MODS: if this is a delete-worthy thread, no harm/no foul - go for it.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: Evster IS a Carvinite Gathering

Postby Casual Madman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm hoping he's just busy with important Evster stuff, and not ill/otherwise incapacitated.

Hairmacht
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Hairmacht » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm

You know, I was talking to Crue about this. I wonder what happened. I miss that guy!
The Arsenal
'75 SS76, '77 CM130, '85 V220, '85 V220, '86 V440, '88 DC125, '88 DC125, '89 DC150, '90 BC130, '93 DC400, '93 DC127, '03 DC127, Cobalt 250, '12 CS6, '13 DC800, '14 SCB7
MTS3200H, 412VB, Belair, 212E, G212

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey everyone. Elfdude hipped me to this post here, so I thought I'd check in. First, thanks for the kind words. I sometimes forget that people here can be a lot like family, and I apologize for just up and disappearing without a word.

Really there's nothing much to report. Nothing's wrong, I'm not ill or troubled, nor do I have any situation going on that caused my absence. What it is is that sometimes I just take a break from stuff. For a couple of years I was a constant presence here, and as is often the case with me, I get absorbed in something to the point where I just need to "get out more" lol! So I've just kinda taken a little break and occupied my days with other interests. That's all, and I'm simultaneously happy there's nothing more to it, and sorry there's nothing of interest to report, lol!

I'm sure there are plenty of Photoshop's waiting my attention, and it was always my intention to come back and join once again in the Carvin fun with all of my friends here. Not sure if I'm just checking in, or if I'm about to start catching up threads right here and now. I do have a few chapters left in the book I'm reading, lol!

Anyhoo, it's nice to be missed (and I certainly have missed hanging with all of you as well,) and I'm happy to report that all's well. I'll be around. :mrgreen:

ElfDude

Re: re: Evster IS a Carvinite Gathering

Postby ElfDude » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Good to hear from you, brother.

Evster2012 wrote: I do have a few chapters left in the book I'm reading, lol!

My wife gave me Neil Peart's Masked Rider for Christmas. I enjoyed it so much that I just started re-reading his book Roadshow. I love Neil's prose. 8)
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Nlelith
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Nlelith » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Yeah, people were worried around here. It's good to know everything is fine :)

FlyingV
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby FlyingV » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:41 am

That hole litterasea and reding thin is sew ovaratted. Butt its ur thyme sew whudever

:P
[2] DC7X 27", Loomis 26.5", S7G 27.5", Walden CE550, Ibanez 7 nylon string.
My Kiesel wish list - All 7 strings. All 27" scale option.
New symmetrical V7X, X227X, TL7X, C77X Bolt [smooth heel]
Semi-Hollow CT7. Head or Headless [CODA's photoshop]

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 am

Evster2012 wrote:Really there's nothing much to report. Nothing's wrong, I'm not ill or troubled, nor do I have any situation going on that caused my absence. Anyhoo, it's nice to be missed (and I certainly have missed hanging with all of you as well,) and I'm happy to report that all's well. I'll be around. :mrgreen:

:applause:

(thanks, Elf)
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am

ElfDude wrote:My wife gave me Neil Peart's Masked Rider for Christmas. I enjoyed it so much that I just started re-reading his book Roadshow. I love Neil's prose. 8)

I agree! Ghost Rider is a really good one too. It's obviously a melancholy book as it has to do with coping of the back to back losses of his daughter and his wife. But with liberal doses of The Macallan, he writes a great story. It's probably my favorite of his books.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 am

Evster2012 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:My wife gave me Neil Peart's Masked Rider for Christmas. I enjoyed it so much that I just started re-reading his book Roadshow. I love Neil's prose. 8)

I agree! Ghost Rider is a really good one too. It's obviously a melancholy book as it has to do with coping of the back to back losses of his daughter and his wife. But with liberal doses of The Macallan, he writes a great story. It's probably my favorite of his books.

I used to read Ghost Rider twice a year back during a darker time. Now that I've practically got it memorized I haven't picked it up for a while.

Someday I need to buy Traveling Music and give it a read too.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:46 pm

ElfDude wrote:
I used to read Ghost Rider twice a year back during a darker time. Now that I've practically got it memorized I haven't picked it up for a while.

Someday I need to buy Traveling Music and give it a read too.
[B]

Kind of a coping companion? I'm not gonna ask. Sounds heavy. For what it's worth, glad it's no longer on the night stand. ;)

I should just hit up Ryan (my drummer,) he is the Peart acolyte in my circlee, and has all his books. I should read it while I travel to Wisconsin, lol. I'll let you know what I find. :)

CarvinKook
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby CarvinKook » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Good to hear your good Evster! And here's something I didn't expect to get on the Carvin forum today... Book referralls! I didn't even know Neil Peart wrote books,lol. I'd only heard or read of his lyric writing and Ayn Rand influence.. Off to Amazon.. Thanks guys!
Weapons of Choice:
83 DC 200K w/kahler - Emg 81/60
86 DC 200 Deep Pearl Blue - Emg 81/85
8* DC 200 White
8* DC 200 Black w/kahler
DC 727 - Flamed Koa
2012 Cobalt C770T

Return to Carvinite Gatherings