Country-Wide Carvin Bash Poll

Holding a Bash? Looking to set one up? Post here.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

SHOULD WE HAVE A NATIONAL Carvin BASH?

OH HELL YEAH! I'M IN!
31%
NO WAY ARE YOU KIDDING! HANG OUT WITH YOU GUYS!
19%
MAYBE I'M IN IF IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOME INTEREST.
50%

Total votes: 16

fatfretty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Country-Wide Carvin Bash Poll

Postby fatfretty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 am

How about picking a state in the middle of the country, (looking at the map it looks like Kansas City MO has the most interstates intersecting in it.) and having a nation-wide Carvin Bash. Aim for a date next year so that all of the planning can done, pick a treasurer to handle venue expences, etc. I have hours everynight where I could research the guest city for venues.
We could choose some of the details by way of polls, starting with, SHOULD WE HAVE A NATIONAL Carvin BASH?

Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: Country-Wide Carvin Bash Poll

Postby Catman10 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Sounds like fun. Count me "in".

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:21 am

Despite only living a few hours up th coast from Kiesel HQ, I've never been to a bash or the factory.

There are several Carvins that I'd love to play and several Carvinites that I'd surely enjoy hanging out with, I think it would be fun if the idea gets off the ground.

2016 will be the year of the first Carvin/Kiesel Ultra-Bash! :mrgreen:
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

jfine
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby jfine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Kansas City is pretty close to the middle of the country. I played Manhattan, Kansas once back in the '70's, and when I told my dad, he told me about his experience enlisting in the Army in World War II. Seems they asked him where he would prefer to do his basic training, and he said, "Either coast." He was from Portland, Oregon, and had family in New York--so they sent him to Fort Riley, outside of Manhattan, Kansas--and he said that within sight of his barracks was a marker for the geographic center of the continental US! They couldn't have gotten him further from either coast if they'd tried...

MGE320
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MGE320 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:43 am

It's hard enough to get people to agree to come to a regional bash, and then actually show up. Lots will either say they're interested and perhaps even say they're coming, until they don't. This is attempting the impossible. I think it's basically impossible to find a site everyone can agree on and then a date that everyone can make. And, even if you do, the date approaches, stuff comes up, money is short, other obligations take precedent, wife/GF/kids have something "more important" on that date, etc..etc.. Not happening. Not to be a downer, just a realist. I do give you credit for the idea, but I have severe reservations that this will actually happen.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: re: Country-Wide Carvin Bash Poll

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:04 pm

MGE320 wrote:...the date approaches, stuff comes up, money is short, other obligations take precedent, wife/GF/kids have something "more important" on that date, etc..etc..

Unfortunately, I know I'd fall in this camp (work is insanely unpredictable for the foreseeable future) so I hadn't replied to the thread. Would love to see the photos, and videos that come from whatever happens, though!

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:12 pm

In terms of travel expense, Texas and DFW might be the best option. 2 major airlines are based here, and the others serve the area, costs are lower than national averages for accommodations, dining, fuel, etc.

fatfretty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fatfretty » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 am

Casual Madman wrote:In terms of travel expense, Texas and DFW might be the best option. 2 major airlines are based here, and the others serve the area, costs are lower than national averages for accommodations, dining, fuel, etc.

OK, I could go with that.

fatfretty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fatfretty » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:31 am

MGE320 wrote:It's hard enough to get people to agree to come to a regional bash, and then actually show up. Lots will either say they're interested and perhaps even say they're coming, until they don't. This is attempting the impossible. I think it's basically impossible to find a site everyone can agree on and then a date that everyone can make. And, even if you do, the date approaches, stuff comes up, money is short, other obligations take precedent, wife/GF/kids have something "more important" on that date, etc..etc.. Not happening. Not to be a downer, just a realist. I do give you credit for the idea, but I have severe reservations that this will actually happen.

I am a member of another site called Indiemusicworks.com. We had what we called The IMW Meltdown. We announced it about a year ahead of time, and secured a venue in Snellville Georgia. We had attendees from literally coast to coast, and border to border. We even mananged to get two of our members from Australia, and one from Canada to attend. If the will is there it can be done.

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 am

Casual Madman wrote:In terms of travel expense, Texas and DFW might be the best option. 2 major airlines are based here, and the others serve the area, costs are lower than national averages for accommodations, dining, fuel, etc.

Recently went on a mini-vacation and had my worst flying experience ever at/from DFW.
I know it was an isolated incident and headaches happen at every airport, but I was browsing this thread, saw "DFW" and flinched :lol:

Back on topic:
The real question is: if this thing starts to take off, who else would start GASing for a special new Kiesel to show-off at the ultra-bash? I know i would :think:

fatfretty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fatfretty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:57 am

MikeBass wrote:

Recently went on a mini-vacation and had my worst flying experience ever at/from DFW.
I know it was an isolated incident and headaches happen at every airport, but I was browsing this thread, saw "DFW" and flinched :lol:

Back on topic:
The real question is: if this thing starts to take off, who else would start GASing for a special new Kiesel to show-off at the ultra-bash? I know i would :think:

Yeah that would be great

Catman10
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Catman10 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:57 am

KC, DFW, or even somewhere else no matter to me.

fatfretty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fatfretty » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 am

I am going to PM some of the folks that organize the Texas bashes. Maybe we can combine forces, and at the very least not step on any toes. It also may help with the prep work and help us to avoid re-inventing the wheel.

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:03 am

Praiser lives out there. I've got a son that lives out there and we visit each summer. So, the count is currently at 2.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

dach
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby dach » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:46 pm

If it's in DFW I'm in. I would have a hard time scheduling a trip to KC.

Return to Carvinite Gatherings