Will A Loaded Pickguard From Another Company Fit The Bolt??

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

SimpleMan01
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will A Loaded Pickguard From Another Company Fit The Bolt??

Postby SimpleMan01 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Been a few years since i've logged into this forum, glad to see it's still going strong! I have 2 Bolt kits that i've built (one's a Bolt+), love them both but i'm looking to change up the tone a little bit on my SSH Bolt. Not to ruffle any feathers, but i'd like to simply swap out the complete pickguard for a new 57/62 Fender Strat loaded pickguard. Will the Fender pickguard simply bolt right in place with no modifications to the Carvin Bolt body?? I've never been a big a fan of the feel of actual Strats, i much prefer the feel of my Bolts, but i am looking for that classic Strat tone with out buying a Strat. Don't worry, i plan to use the Carvin SSH pickguard on a future Bolt build, so it won't go to waste! Thanks for any help, hope the mention of Fender isn't an issue, just want to know if i can put the Strat pickguard directly on my Bolt!

My Bolt kits....
Image Image

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Will A Loaded Pickguard From Another Company Fit The Bolt??

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Yes.* ** ***

* there is one perimeter hole on the left that is in a different position. But, you can switch back and forth, and they will cover each other's holes.

** I've heard some say that the position of the middle pickup can vary by pick guard company so you might have to open up that middle route. Maybe. Maybe not.

*** Make sure the pick guard is meant to be a replacement for an American Standard, from a reputable source. I've bought three "strat" pick guards on Ebay, and they were all different.

SimpleMan01
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SimpleMan01 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:17 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Yes.* ** ***

* there is one perimeter hole on the left that is in a different position. But, you can switch back and forth, and they will cover each other's holes.

** I've heard some say that the position of the middle pickup can vary by pick guard company so you might have to open up that middle route. Maybe. Maybe not.

*** Make sure the pick guard is meant to be a replacement for an American Standard, from a reputable source. I've bought three "strat" pick guards on Ebay, and they were all different.

Spudmunkey, thank you for the info!! The loaded pickguards i'm looking at are from 920D Custom Shop, if you've ever heard of them. They look well made, and the 57/62 pickups's sound like the tones i'm looking for.

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:13 pm

SimpleMan01 wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:Yes.* ** ***

Spudmunkey, thank you for the info!! The loaded pickguards i'm looking at are from 920D Custom Shop, if you've ever heard of them. They look well made, and the 57/62 pickups's sound like the tones i'm looking for.

Yeah those are legit, I've bought some of their parts before.

Return to Builder's Forum